Sketchbook: Valorblade's Vindicated Visions

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Valorblade's Vindicated Visions

Greetings, and welcome to my sketchbook. I will be your guide as you travel through the vast reaches of my mind, exploring ideas and discovering the imaginative wonders that reside in the swirling vortex of thoughts, and the creative concepts of the unstoppable brainstorm of vivacious visions!

In other words, I suck.

Enjoy!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe
    Welcome to CA !
    Waiting to see what you've been up to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA, nice intro, man! you can check me in. but don't loose my luggage or in other words: i suck, too... looking forward to your sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA, nice intro, man! you can check me in. but don't loose my luggage or in other words: i suck, too... looking forward to your sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Visions I

Here we go, let the spacejunk begin!

That's all I have for now. More are being brewed, going to color this one too.

Edit: I tried to fix up the fist (yes it's a fist). Perhaps you can read it better now. Thanks for the tip revender!

Last edited by Valorblade; April 9th, 2006 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the boldness of your lines, if nothing else you know what you want. I do have a question though, is that part at the shoulder... the shoulder or a fist in a pound pose? If it's the shoulder, then the arm seems to be cut off at the cape. If it's a fist, then it looks like a shoulder pad and needs to show some of the arm bent so that it's easier to read.

I appreciate your humor. We're all working to improve and develop our creative manifestation, so that we might express our feelings, emotions and ideas in new and exciting ways... or rather, I suck too.

Keep drawing and posting man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Visions I

Here we are with some sketches.

This first one is some kind of evil villain who is extremely skilled at martial arts. I haven't got a name for him yet, but sometime I will.

This second one is of a royal imperial guard of the Reanimated Kingdom, a very mysterious place who's motives are very vague and widely unknown. Their borders are veiled by a constant wall of thick fog, making it extremely difficult to pass because it is very easy to get lost.

That's all for now, enjoy the vise.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Recursive End: Thanks for the warm welcome!
    stine: Thanks man! ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet sketchbook Valorblade! Yer off to a good start! I see you are grasping the idea of varying line-widths. That is a good study. However, some of your ideas seem kinda' cliche. I think that it would be cool to see you delve even further into the characters personality, costume/dress, anatomical differences, etc. You know, the things that set them apart from ALL the rest and make them genuinely and effectively unique. . . . Fer instance, the villian. Looks to me like a sad man in a plain trenchcoat, just standing there. . . . Maybe show him in one of his dynamic martial art stances. Oh ya, martial arts, not to be flaming on you but, EVERY CHARACTER SOMEBODY MAKES IS A FREAKIN' MARTIAL ARTS MASTER OR IS HOLDIN' A SWORD OR SOMETHING! . . . .! . . . Did I just yell that? Yes, I guess you could say that it is still a bit of a trend though, but then I would suggest to elaborate on it. Push that creative muscle, SHOW ME SOME VIVACIOUS VISIONS!!! I kinda' like the the pants(?) on the soldier, cause well they're different! Also, the varying line-widths and foreshortinin' on the first one was not bad! I wanna' see some more unique characters, with varying line-widths and maybe some drawings from life! Better post again! I look forward to growing with you . . . Go SSG XIX!!!!!!

Interpretation: An artists way of expressing his thought or embodying his conception of nature. - Wiktionary
    -Sketchbook-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree w/ indigo, cept I think you need to work more on bodily proportions. Like your third guy has teeny weeny hips, and the second's legs are too long. Get those down first, then go adding clothes/concept art. Definantly see tons of potential though. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr.Indigo- Thanks! All of the things you said will help me, and I'll post again! I'm just saving it up I guess... lol. Been very busy but I'll update more frequently really soon, like... I'll try to get something for today. I did a couple life drawings I'll post.

Goog- Thanks for the tips, yeah, I really need to work on proportions... I just get so bored with it. lol. I'm always wanting to design stuff, but I guess if I get the bodies down and stuff, it will all look better in the end. Thanks for your encouragement!

Vivacious Visions, that's what I'll make! I better not dissapoint all of these people. ^^;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work man very nice style and rendering. I agree with what everyone said so no c/c from me=)

"Is Japan in the future?" Rob ( Co-worker)
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " They are almost done tommorow and I haven't even started tommorow" Rob
    " They are called timezones Rob.."
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

- SSGXXXVI - The Dirty Thirty Six -
    Unknown Epiphany EKU_11 Jska Frumious_Me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh and if u wanna copy our signature i think its just copy and paste into your signature.

"Is Japan in the future?" Rob ( Co-worker)
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " They are almost done tommorow and I haven't even started tommorow" Rob
    " They are called timezones Rob.."
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

- SSGXXXVI - The Dirty Thirty Six -
    Unknown Epiphany EKU_11 Jska Frumious_Me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some interesting stuff going on here, but I would definitely take the advice and work on your figure drawings. Grab somereference and do full figures, or hit the streets/bus/train and sketch people. I think it's good that you're trying to push yourself creatively, but you still need to foundations to build upon in order to excel at that.

Cheers!

i live down in Puerto Rico. yeah... down there.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice! i see you have a base for drawing, since i'm not that great either, i'm gonna do just a bit of critiquing. your anatomy needs work, also, your posing could be made a bit more dynamic. i know its just character sheets, but make em in diferent poses. ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In lieue of repeating what's already been said, I thought I'd give you a little tip about anatomy and basically everything else.

When drawing people, or anything that is three dimensional, the object's curves will be evident. In this case, you don't have that present, as the guy's coat looks like it is flat from top to bottom. Humans are definitely not flat, and even a large coat that would hide many of the finer contours would still conform to the larger ones, such as the expansion of the ribcage when going down from the neck. This is something that you need to pay attention to because without it, well... you'll just draw flat stuff. This may work out stylistically, but if you want to learn to draw reailistic humans or other objects, then you absolutely have to get a grasp of how objects look in 3d, and how that 3d shape will affect clothing and the like.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All right! So, if you have some sketches/studies or whatever post em'!!! Let us see some more. The more you do, the more potential you get!!!

Interpretation: An artists way of expressing his thought or embodying his conception of nature. - Wiktionary
    -Sketchbook-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya! these arent bad, but I bet you could benefit from some anatomy study. I'd take the above posts to heart. : ) A tip, when drawing those figures, like the knight one for instance, try to keep it balanced. It kinda looks like he's about to fall over. Also, try observing people around you, how they move, there proportions, and how the cloth drapes about there figure. Just dont get caught looking at certain area'rs on the female specimin too long, they might not know your just partaking in an innocent anitomical study and be less than merciless. XD

My attempt at baking eyecandy.

I'm Here to make friends! Befriend me I buy you sweets yes yes!

My Icecream Filled Sketchy book.~

~ERILAZ~CRAZY3DMAN~SEPULVURTURE~THEGREYPENCIL~HALO'S CHAIN~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Valor, I have nothing to say at the moment, because everyone gave you amazing advices and I think you should follow them without doubt. It'll make you a better artist. If you want to get better fast... you must draw everyday at least during 4 hours, and also but not less important, study drawing in general.

Post more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm. . . Your almost a month away from your last post too! Atleast support the other members of your group that you joined!!! Otherwise, it looks like you have disappeared!!! Also, you said that you already have more sketches that you are ready to post! So, why aren't you doing it?!?!? It does not take long!!! I would be really upset if you got too lazy and decided not to participate any more! I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO GROWING WITH YOU!!!

-Sketchbook-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone! So sorry for not posting in so long! Gonna take everyone's wonderful adivce and do some studies, just been really busy with school and such. Here's just a doodle, but I'll do some studies and post soon.
    Some guy I made up, his name's Raz and that's his sword. Anyway, anatomy studies away! Thanks again for all the great advice! :0

Btw, I know I always do the same pose and I really need to stop... lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a fanart of the new World of Warcraft Alliance race. I'm so excited, they're my favourite race in the game! ^^

Draenei
    Done with reference from the 3D models in the game.

Last edited by Valorblade; May 11th, 2006 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All right, all right. . . . here I am telling you guys to post and it has already been a while for me. I'm not disappearing I just have not posted. Don't be afraid to yell at me if you have to!!! So, I am glad you posted and thank you!!! I think that it would be cool though if you gave a post regarding the afore mentioned suggestions. However, they are only suggestions and are used at your discretion. Seeing more of your work though, I think you should concentrate more on line and proportion first. Take another run through the basics. . . . Like look-up the different things and ways line can be used for. Then, practice them!!! Well, I better start sketchin'

-Sketchbook-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really agree with Mr. Indigo, Valor, but it's good to see more sketches! ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eek! You haven't updated either! I'm already seeing a definite improvement from your first post to the most recent WoW char... don't quit on us now!!

Melissa Renae
    Website // Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got real potential. To improve generally - break your style and leave concept work for a while. It's all about the brain-eye-hand mechanism, so study from life and your environment always. For now, anyways.

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.