Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Valorblade's Vindicated Visions

Greetings, and welcome to my sketchbook. I will be your guide as you travel through the vast reaches of my mind, exploring ideas and discovering the imaginative wonders that reside in the swirling vortex of thoughts, and the creative concepts of the unstoppable brainstorm of vivacious visions!

In other words, I suck.

Enjoy!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hehe
    Welcome to CA !
    Waiting to see what you've been up to

Thanks
    HAHA, nice intro, man! you can check me in. but don't loose my luggage or in other words: i suck, too... looking forward to your sketches!

Thanks
    HAHA, nice intro, man! you can check me in. but don't loose my luggage or in other words: i suck, too... looking forward to your sketches!

Thanks

Visions I

Here we go, let the spacejunk begin!

That's all I have for now. More are being brewed, going to color this one too.

Edit: I tried to fix up the fist (yes it's a fist). Perhaps you can read it better now. Thanks for the tip revender!

Last edited by Valorblade; April 9th, 2006 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks
    I like the boldness of your lines, if nothing else you know what you want. I do have a question though, is that part at the shoulder... the shoulder or a fist in a pound pose? If it's the shoulder, then the arm seems to be cut off at the cape. If it's a fist, then it looks like a shoulder pad and needs to show some of the arm bent so that it's easier to read.

I appreciate your humor. We're all working to improve and develop our creative manifestation, so that we might express our feelings, emotions and ideas in new and exciting ways... or rather, I suck too.

Keep drawing and posting man.

Thanks

Visions I

Here we are with some sketches.

This first one is some kind of evil villain who is extremely skilled at martial arts. I haven't got a name for him yet, but sometime I will.

This second one is of a royal imperial guard of the Reanimated Kingdom, a very mysterious place who's motives are very vague and widely unknown. Their borders are veiled by a constant wall of thick fog, making it extremely difficult to pass because it is very easy to get lost.

That's all for now, enjoy the vise.

Thanks
    Recursive End: Thanks for the warm welcome!
    stine: Thanks man! ^^

Thanks
    Sweet sketchbook Valorblade! Yer off to a good start! I see you are grasping the idea of varying line-widths. That is a good study. However, some of your ideas seem kinda' cliche. I think that it would be cool to see you delve even further into the characters personality, costume/dress, anatomical differences, etc. You know, the things that set them apart from ALL the rest and make them genuinely and effectively unique. . . . Fer instance, the villian. Looks to me like a sad man in a plain trenchcoat, just standing there. . . . Maybe show him in one of his dynamic martial art stances. Oh ya, martial arts, not to be flaming on you but, EVERY CHARACTER SOMEBODY MAKES IS A FREAKIN' MARTIAL ARTS MASTER OR IS HOLDIN' A SWORD OR SOMETHING! . . . .! . . . Did I just yell that? Yes, I guess you could say that it is still a bit of a trend though, but then I would suggest to elaborate on it. Push that creative muscle, SHOW ME SOME VIVACIOUS VISIONS!!! I kinda' like the the pants(?) on the soldier, cause well they're different! Also, the varying line-widths and foreshortinin' on the first one was not bad! I wanna' see some more unique characters, with varying line-widths and maybe some drawings from life! Better post again! I look forward to growing with you . . . Go SSG XIX!!!!!!

Interpretation: An artists way of expressing his thought or embodying his conception of nature. - Wiktionary
    -Sketchbook-

Thanks
    I agree w/ indigo, cept I think you need to work more on bodily proportions. Like your third guy has teeny weeny hips, and the second's legs are too long. Get those down first, then go adding clothes/concept art. Definantly see tons of potential though. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Mr.Indigo- Thanks! All of the things you said will help me, and I'll post again! I'm just saving it up I guess... lol. Been very busy but I'll update more frequently really soon, like... I'll try to get something for today. I did a couple life drawings I'll post.

Goog- Thanks for the tips, yeah, I really need to work on proportions... I just get so bored with it. lol. I'm always wanting to design stuff, but I guess if I get the bodies down and stuff, it will all look better in the end. Thanks for your encouragement!

Vivacious Visions, that's what I'll make! I better not dissapoint all of these people. ^^;

Thanks
    Nice work man very nice style and rendering. I agree with what everyone said so no c/c from me=)

"Is Japan in the future?" Rob ( Co-worker)
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " They are almost done tommorow and I haven't even started tommorow" Rob
    " They are called timezones Rob.."
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

- SSGXXXVI - The Dirty Thirty Six -
    Unknown Epiphany EKU_11 Jska Frumious_Me

Thanks
    Oh and if u wanna copy our signature i think its just copy and paste into your signature.

"Is Japan in the future?" Rob ( Co-worker)
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " They are almost done tommorow and I haven't even started tommorow" Rob
    " They are called timezones Rob.."
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

- SSGXXXVI - The Dirty Thirty Six -
    Unknown Epiphany EKU_11 Jska Frumious_Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.