North Carolina Artists
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Artists

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

North Carolina Artists

Greetings everyone, am I the only one in North Carolina? There has to be at least one or two more people. Come on, admit it. I took the first step, your not alone.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in North Carolina! I was thinking of starting a North Carolina thread, but like you said, I think there are only a few people that live here. Besides you, so far I've only seen two other members from NC. We are a rare bunch indeed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey westendgirl, thanks for posting. I was starting to think I was alone! Well, if there are only a few of us then we need to stick together. We can't let all those folks in New York and California have all the fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I live in Wilmington.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent, so what does everyone specialize in? I create using traditional mediums. I'm afraid computers are the devil when it comes to art. Of course, that's just for me. I mostly create illustrations with graphite, ink, or acrylic. I recently became interested in concept art, so I'm exploring that as a possible job opportunity as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't have a specialty per say.

Look at my gallery, and be the judge: http://www.m00t.net/gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by moot.xk
    I don't have a specialty per say.

Look at my gallery, and be the judge: http://www.m00t.net/gallery
    You have some nice images. Are you employed in the arts, or do you just work for fun?

Last edited by Grendel Grack; April 11th, 2006 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Im from Greensboro and currently reside in Reidsville. I do both traditional and digital art. I really dont have any of my work uploaded. Most of my traditional work I do is assignments from art class (im still in highschool). I use whatever medium I need to get the effect i want. At home I do my digital work, I 3D model and do digitial painting. I also draw alot, pretty much every day.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It sounds as though you have a good start, Buckweisel. Do you plant to attend art school?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is anyone going to Heroe's Con. in Charlotte?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    moot.xk- Nice artwork and man, I wish I was in Wilmington right now!

Buckweisel- Sounds like you're getting a lot of work done too, can't wait to see some of it if you ever get an online gallery!

As for me, I do most of my work in traditional mediums, but I do some 3D and I'm slowly getting better at using photoshop and painter to color stuff with. I signed up for the Ladies thunderdome, so I hope I can still manage to create something good even with my beginner skillz.
    BTW Grendel Grack once again you keep on reading my mind!! I'm planning to go to the heroes con and I was going to post asking people if anyone else was going. That would be cool if there were others on Conceptart planning to go- Maybe then we could all meet together and I don't know... have a concept art cookout or something, hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, westendgirl, that sounds excellent. I'm going to be selling artwork in indie island all three days. You should stop by and check out my stuff. I will be with two other artists under the title Counter Productive. You can view my art on www.darktreestudios.com

If anyone else is going to Heroe's Con, we should meet up!

Oh and I'm participating in the ladies thunderdome as well. I think it will be one hell of a show. I'm looking forward to seeing some great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was planning to go to the School of Communication Arts in Raleigh, but I dunno might not be able to afford it.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grendel - I'm an art student at a community college.

Westendgirl- Thanks, Wilmington is nice.

BuckWeisel - I'm considering the design+art degree at NC state.

No hero's convention for me. Charlotte is a 3 hour drive and I'm too busy with school and my weekends of dancing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awww, c'mon moot.xk. It's not a party until we can get at LEAST three people.
    You're gonna be missing out. I guess this just leaves all the pressure on Buckweisel. Let's see, moot.xk already used school as an excuse so you have to come up with a new one. Come on westendgirl, back me up here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Um...my dog ate it?

Wheres it at specificaly and when. I really dont know what Herocon is, but im guessing its some kind of comic book thing? I guess I could go as long as you promise not to kidnap me ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel Grack
    Awww, c'mon moot.xk. It's not a party until we can get at LEAST three people.
    You're gonna be missing out. I guess this just leaves all the pressure on Buckweisel. Let's see, moot.xk already used school as an excuse so you have to come up with a new one. Come on westendgirl, back me up here.
    Hey... some of us have other extra curricular activities. I'm an underground dancer and weekends are my time to bust out. Expression comes in many different shapes and sizes.

I go to CLT sometimes to hit up clubs and meet with other dancers, so I'll try to arrange something with you guys one day.

You guys are always welcome at my place in Wilmington also. We have plenty of inspirational landscape.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel
    Wheres it at specificaly and when. I really dont know what Herocon is, but im guessing its some kind of comic book thing? I guess I could go as long as you promise not to kidnap me ^_^
    Yes, It's a comic convention held in charlotte on June 30th to July 2nd at the charlotte convention center. Their website is here. You should try and make it, and no kidnapping is involved! But it would be nice to find other CA members that are going because that would make it all the more fun.

moot.xk, sorry to hear you won't be going then. Maybe next year? Well it's nice to know at least I have connections to someone at the beach!

Okay, so that leaves me going, grendel grack will be there, and maybe buckweisal provided he doesn't need a permission slip for his parents to sign. heh just kidding, but seriously though buckweisal you should go with your friends or something, you'll probably enjoy it! So perhaps I'll just post in the lounge to see if anyone else is going and maybe we can draw in some more members.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by westendgirl
    no kidnapping is involved!
    I promise nothing!

If you're in to comic books, buckweisel, then Heroe's Con is for you. Just be aware that there is an admission fee, so if you're tight on cash you may want to sell a kidney. They bring a nice price on the black market these days.

moot.xk. forgive my ignorance, but what is underground dancing? It sounds uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to keep asking questions, I just like to plan out stuff like this really good.

What day are we meeting up and are yall planning on going more than one day.

But to keep this thread slightly interesting and not full of my Q&A, I think we should introduce ourselves a tad more formally/indepth.

Last edited by s.ketch; December 4th, 2011 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Buckweisel, ask as many questions as you want. No one's keeping track. I'll be camping out at my table all three days of Heroe's Con. You are all welcome to use that as a meeting place, or we can pick some kind of landmark. I forget what my table number is, so I'll have to get back to you about that.

As far as my personal info is concerned, My name is Kim and I'm starting out in the illustration business plus I do fine art on the side. I enjoy all types of anime, RPGs, and comics to a certain degree. Like Buckweisel, I've been involved with art all my life. Drawing is my pleasure but I also paint as well. I prefer traditional mediums especially graphite, colored pencil, and acrylic although I have experience with a wide array of different materials.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Come on folks! Let's not let this thread die. We're a rare flock of birds and we need to stick together! Let's brainstorm about some topics we can discuss:

What is the future of the Arts in the southeast?

Do you think that it is necessary to move to New York or California to succeed?

What do you guys want to do at Heroes Con?

Would anyone like to start a NC sketchbook thread?

Does your family support your art?

I could go on like this forever. PLEASE, someone write back!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1) I beleive the arts in the southeast will continue to be craft-oriented rather than just the fine arts. pottery, textiles, metal working, landscaping, and small crafts is what I think is the most common art forms found in the southeast. Also I know NC does alot with pottery and the performing arts. I would hope that the arts in NC evolve with technology cause its hard finding a job as a CG artist here.

2)No. While these places offer many employment oppurtunities for artists of all kinds, (i only can speak educatedly from a digital standpoint) the amount of game companies and animated movie studios are growing all over the country and soon there will plenty of places to go other than NY or CA.

3)I wouldnt mind spending some time looking through comic books. Im a fan of comic art and I would like to bring home some inspiration. We can all go eat dinner or somthing too.

4)Yes thats a good idea. Ill contribute when I can.

5)Yep. My dad backs my art and choice in a art related carreer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Buckweisel, I agree that the south focuses mainly on craft-oriented art. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing anytime soon. With the onslought of retired Floridians that have invaded our state, I fear that NC wil become the craft capital of the world. This isn't bad, except for the floridians, but if people like us attempt to make it in this state, landing a job in a fine/design art area becomes that much more difficult. Some pockets of opportunity exists, but these are few and far between and generally cater to companies and organizations outside of the southeast. Thus, the job is here, but the product is sold elsewhere, therefore, not perpetuating any market in NC. It's depressing.

I think dinner would be great. I'm not too familiar with Charlotte, so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be excellent.

We need at least one more person to make the effort of a sketch thread worth our time. Although, if that doesn't happen I guess we can just post here.

Also, I'm glad to hear that your father supports your art, Buckweisel. Not too many folks have it so easy. My mom was supportive for the most part, but I had to fight tooth and nail to go to school out of state (I'm originally from Georgia).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we can all meet at the local hooters, that is agreat place to eat wings.

good folded biscuts too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By Hooters you mean East dorm, I'm assuming. And for an extra fee you can get that folded biscuit cooked right on your chest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how about for every one who stops by to see you at the comic and anime cons, we can offer a free, YES i said free, Caned folded biscut soup.

now this one time offer is only good for a limited time, and depending on how much was maded the night before.

getum while there hot.

for those that dont know, i am in with grendal in this wacky shceme of hers.

Its like i have come home, only i hate being at home so by association i hate you.

HAIL MEGATRON... the site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha folded biscuts wtf. I like Hooters, mild-drums only w/ fries...ftw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Splittingadams
    how about for every one who stops by to see you at the comic and anime cons, we can offer a free, YES i said free, Caned folded biscut soup.

now this one time offer is only good for a limited time, and depending on how much was maded the night before.

getum while there hot.

for those that dont know, i am in with grendal in this wacky shceme of hers.
    Yes, but I feel our high-class clientel would balk at the fact that you spelled canned incorrectly. You sloppy bastard.........maded.

oh yeah, nice avatar.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the closest I have ever come to eating at a Hooter's was fighting with an ex-boyfriend in the parking lot. Needles to say, I won the argument. I also feel it is needless to say, I have never considered eating there in the first place.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1