Sketchbook: Jacks Journal! - Asaba Maryland~ - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Jacks Journal! - Asaba Maryland~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate, so how did your interview go?

About that mechanic dude. The thing that stands out to me is that his arm should be longer so the wrist aligns with his crotch. Back sorta appear a little too hunched.

Heard about Death Note anime, but wouldn't it be just characters talking all the time? (if they're faithful to the manga)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Monna My thanking you, i really need to move away from photos, its one of the reasons ive kinda not really had the heart to do any lately. I wanna draw naked ladies irl!

Huri !

Jeri The interview was a farce and wasnt really anything more than a formality, heres me kinda worried about not being able to do my third year and everyone bringing in their portfolios when all they were really required to do was fill out a sheet with their personal info on... oh well, its good news though cuz im on for my final year!

Yeah, that mechanic is kinda sloppy, and its not quiet the right pose but meh, ill probably iron it out when i come around to it, i dont really pay enough attention to arm lengths ;(.

And as for deathnote, youre quiet right, theres a lot of talking but i dont really mind because its entertaining to ... listen? there are some really nice scenes in it though and the drawing aint half bad either... which it shouldnt be if theyre using stills for most it surely?

Some more quick doodles that dont really need any explanation. Im working in gray lately for, hmmm, no reason i guess... its just easier to doodle with as i dont have to start worrying about intensitys and other bollocks. And anyway, if i had anymore bright colors right now id probably have my eyes implode. 4 hours of stepmania, ugh it hurts but its so good...

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

http://jackwhat.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahahahaha the interview. There we were sweating over it and for nothing, oh well you think we would have learnt by now. Like the first pic, verrrry nice. And yes we must both resist the siren song of just drawing naked ladies. Cya soon mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ant but but... I dont want to resist. Naked ladies come to meeeeee.

I. am. so. fucking. lazy.
    If i havent got any new anime to watch i generally just go back to bed, i dont know why it is but, sleeping during the day is just so nice. Meh! Thats a habbit ill break soon though.

Watched a fair amount of animation clips today, some of the stuff by gainax/studio 4c just leaves me all warm inside. So yea, i doodled from a few screencaps, which i might start doing more cuz its quiet quick and relaxing!

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The PingPong soundtrack is fucking awesome. Yes.

Some quick and not so quick doodles and another coloring in jobbie but this time its lineart of Lucci by the awesomeness that is arnistotle - arnistotle.deviantart.com

Crits on colors/values appreciated, cuz i think i can do more with contrasts and what not than im doing at the moment!

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omg Robbu Rucci and where is his pigeon ? real nice work with the colors and the lady on the second one also nice. keep working and sharing plz

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahoy there jack, nice job on lucci he's gotta be one of the coolest villains ever maybe even cooler than bon clay, sorry i can't offer you any advice on yer colouring but seeing as it aint me strong point yet i wouldn't know what to say, i had to look up the word contrast in a dictionary. Cya soon hopefully mate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Call Thankies, if you havent already you should check out Arnistotles stuff, hes got some awesome OP stuff!

Antles Isnt he just, im a total sucker for merciless criminals, its just how it should be. I think im kinda sick in the head... perhaps its why i like death note a lot, you just cant beat people with a coldheart. Anyway, enough emoing. Spiderman3 needed more Rob Lucci.

I think one of the reasons i dont ever "finish" many things is because as it slowly starts to get rendered i realise it wont look like it does in my minds eye... which is really frustrating, perhaps im sheltering myself. Maybe i should write poetry.

Harrrrrrrr, yea. Coupla quickies... trying to working out how to do fighting shit, seeing as i aint got long till ive gotta submit my work and i really dont want to print out shit so its gotta be good. Look at me leaving it too late again, smooth.

Also, time for me to do some head studies again, christ on a bike what the fuck am i playing at.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, i gotta go read up and reference a ton of comics now, started to rough out my "comic" storyboard layout and im almost at a loss, im trying to think about interesting framing. Ill go read that book by will eisner i brought.

A couple of quick photoreferenced pictures (Reffed from pictures by Gwarf and slumberdoll respectively...), a really rough comic idea and a quickish color jobbie over one of ants sezzy king grizzlybeard concept thingehmehbobs. Hopefully he doesnt mind me using it ¬_¬

(Go go artacon: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...t=91892&page=2)

^ Incase anyones wondering, i wanted to use the music notes circular parts as his head, which ill draw slowly turning towards the maindood who just opened the door to get to that room...

The fights leading up to that picture and also the all important actual... opening of the fucking door to get to that shot will be draw later. Its just i wanted to get that shot out of my head. Ive been trying to think of a good way to properly draw a headshot over a piano. I think it came out ok but im at a loss for lighting and also those are meant to be curtains behind him. Readability is at an all time low. Help.

Last edited by Jackwhat; May 13th, 2007 at 05:11 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A very nice post Mr. Jack, the reffed pics are luvvly and its really great to see you working with more colour again. And you know i dont mind ya colouring me stuff, i wouldn't let anyone else you know . It would be nice to see all of what you have done for your storyboard/sequential image project. Hopefully cya tommorow mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ant haha all of it? ok!

As you can see i havent really done much on it, its all still floating around in in my head and its quiet hard to work it out on paper. I should be in tomorow yes!

And look, im already back to black and white!

Yeah, here we go with my oh so catchy comic/sequential/game project > Read "Excuse to draw whatever he thinks is cool".

I wanted to follow in the footsteps of cowboy bebop in a fair few respects, with the characters all having something beneith the surface that makes them what they are and defines the things the value. (look at me being all deep) Hopefully ill be able to flesh it out quiet a bit and make them appealing.

Heres a better rough of how one of my layouts will be, im thinking that the first picture will be a fullshot, post opening of the door. Then maybe the pianoshot and im then at a loss. Bottom right (at the moment) will be showing that hes stopping playing the piano. hopefully these will all work without the need of the shite explanations im giving. Any imput on improving composition and interest is much needed and appreciated.

Old http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...4NQWRough2.jpg

Earlier version http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...RoughSmall.jpg

Last edited by Jackwhat; May 16th, 2007 at 08:49 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A sketchbook update, although its not particularly great... Some studies and some doodles. I've really gotta work on my faces, people just aint lookin right... still.

And an update on my NotQuiteWhite page thingeh, mark suggested i sillouette the back guy, and i think thatll work out for the better. Because im certain that having him inverted looks a bit shite.

Opinions welcome

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

very nice

really nice sketches and art you have.. I love the painted ones

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daniels My thankies

So i go into college to hand in my essay, and me and ant get chatting as per usual.... and i ask for something to draw and well, he devises this vast and epic romio and juliet style story revolving around a homosexual rabbit and fox who are from seperate planets... that are at war.

And so on and so forth.

The first thing was the fox craddling the rabbit, as he took a bullet.... for commiting this sin of having relations with a fox. Did i mention the rabbit was married? nevermind.

Here is ants rendition of the General himself (that i had to add color to), glad in spartan-esque hotpants (spandex).

the sexyness that is ant: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91892

Oh and a relatively old doodle i did on the college compooters, i just slapped it on the desktop and tbh, i didnt expect to see it again. Eitherway, slapped it on meh mp3 player and here it is. I'm going to use this for the background in that front cover im pissin about with, cuz its far better than the shit thats there at the moment. Infact, im really happy with the style that sorta came with this picture and its a step in the right direction in a way, cuz i think he looks kewl!

Rough cover mockup http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...t/0517NQW4.jpg

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One quick doodle and another attempt at drawing my cool protagonist...

I like how he came out but he looks kinda of drousy, and hes just not cool enough! booo. Blatent inspiration from Min, im just in awe at his linework at the moment. Also, i saw he did a piece that only had a partial bit colored, and i wanted to see how it held up. And its not that bad at all.

Gotta really avoid such blatent plagarism though.

/sniffle

> How do i align images so they appear side by side, as opposed to underneath each other... cuz i dont really want to take up huge amounts of space when theres room next to the image.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jack,Jack, Jack it's nice to see some of the massive universe that is "Requiem: A Love Story" it be Shakespeare for the modern day. Me is liking the partialy coloured image, and i concur that it's not quite as cool as your sketchbook pic of your main chatacter, but he is damn bitchin. Hope to cya soon mate, Keep up the beautiful work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Luv woo ant, I'll be in next wednesday. I was in this tuesday but alas you were nowhere to be seen... but! as i wasnt really talking to anyone i managed to do a bitto work on the school computers which followed on from what i was doin at home.

So yus, here is his female partner in bounty huntage and the like. Someone suggested to name her Jade, which is quite fitting. However i think her nickname will most likely be Harlequin... which seemed quite fitting due to her mixmatched makeup deal.

Just one picceh for now, cuz ive been bummin around, i may or maynot post steps... which'll be space filler, so i dont feel so bad about bumping.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow

jaaaaaaaaaaack, the right honourable Gen. Usagi-chan made me moisten.

also, Harlequin will have good ol' Tank going off on one at you about how thats already a name, so i would offer you the FRIENDLY ADVICE that you should NEVAR mention it to him. EVAR.

...now hurry up and bloody come live here. x

well fuckin fuck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dani Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo

Yeah, i did show it to him and hes the one who suggested i call her Jade, i already knew it was a character but i dont give a fuck! Yea, fighting against the system.

Wubbles...

I update hither with a sketchbook page and an attempt at an action pose which is... failing hard. Im struggling a bit at pulling off rhythem and motion in it... it just looks really stiff. It was worse before when i was trying something a bit different. Any suggestions on adjustments or anatomy would help a bunch.

I've been trying to think more about the characters backstorys as well, ive got an okish one for harle but as for the nameless main character, i dont know yet. Im thinking of him as a loner/traveler guy, doing the things he does ... for the sake of it? I aint sure. Also, he needs some trauma emoness in his past and aside from being abandoned by his parents i cant think of much better atm.

Meh ;<

Last edited by Jackwhat; May 30th, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Continued with the above shittness and didnt really improve on it much, regardless... it got tweaked a bit. Although ive now sorta... left that as i was in much need of an unwind which to my surprise resulted in something better. Which also needs more work but im too lazy and im getting tired.

Tiem to watch some Touch! seeing as i finished Hikaru no Go... which, for an anime about a boardgame was really enjoyable.

Last edited by Jackwhat; June 3rd, 2007 at 02:19 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackwhat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    call him Stern. i'm not quite sure why. every good character needs trauma/emoness. it's a LAW. the action pose isnt bad at all, stick the arms out at a more spastic angle to loosen it up, and dont be afraid to go more crazy with the enlarging/smallening and forshortening on the leggies.

Lovely hand study up there btw sir jack. x

well fuckin fuck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Mr. Jack, i concur with dani me does not think the action pose is bad if you feel it needs to be a bit more actiony for want of a better word one of Johnny Duddle's tips for getting your pose bit more lively is to take what you have drawn and then exaggerate it a few times, something i found quite helpful at times. Really like your Harle character as well, keep it up Jack not much longer till hand in..... dum dum duuuuuummmmmm.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thankies you two lovelys, crits kinda taken onboard but i still need to redraw the hand so he doesnt look like hes mixing in the air.

Whos this J duddle person ant, im much intreged.

I got my Not Quite White cover to something im quite content with, could do with a touch of polish here and there to properly finish it, but i wont do that now. And a randomish late night doodle.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see a lot of improvement from page one to page five. Nice work. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jcdevey heh, thankies. Im finally getting more confident when im workin away... yay.

Coupla quickies and another scene for NQW. Composition or whatever advice on the scene would be helpful... cuz im shit at that stuff. Shes meant to be at a little street restraunt thing, man i gotta get me some backstreet reference pictures for inspiration.

Still rough for the most part though.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been lazy and i still havent found a job to earn monies with. I think that has something to do with me being picky though, as i could work in a supermarket... but i really dont want to do that again.

In recent news; I've fallen in love with Kare Kano all over again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kare_Kano

Its so well done at times i just cant stop rewatching it because it just captures the moment so well... man after finishing this quick recap im going to watch some episodes again.

Ant! I must read the manga!!

I think this is a first time ive really wanted to preach the worth of something, its like... that good.

I've got back into WoW, mainly cuz it was mindless fun and after finishing my college work I straight up couldnt be bothered to do anything, shame really... as anime's fine story telling always drags me back and makes me wanna do something similar. I will have a proper update on its way soon, because ive got this compelling urge to better myself. So for now a collage of what i did for my final project... which i ofc kind of copped out on because I only really care for passes... that being said, i have passed for my final year, although im not sure how i did on the essay as i didnt pick up my marks for that.

Whatever happens... happens.

(christ, reading the wikipedia for kare kano makes me shivver... what a sap i am)

Last edited by Jackwhat; July 7th, 2007 at 01:12 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    simply amazing

keep up the good work jack

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its great to hear sumfin of ya again jack me little scamp if it be in a digical form. Yes you should read the kare kano manga but then i should finish it as well i'm pretty sure i was close to the end of it and that was years ago. ya uni project stuff looked very nice as well. Take it easy mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    L Watashi wa L desuuuuuuuu! I keep meaning to start up Death note again but OnePiece and Kare Kano have been holding my attention.

Thanks

Ant Wubbles ant, ive finally found out about luffys lineage! also

Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

Sad ;(

Some quick doodles and ive also added some color to Toshino's lineart. This was a loose picture by him for his Knights of a feather project, more on Toshi; http://toshinho.deviantart.com/

Ive been really loving the japanese style lately, particularly Yoshiyuki Sadamoto this picture for Toki wo kakeru Shoujo totally has me in awe http://farm1.static.flickr.com/84/22...7e4136960d.jpg

so amazing :3 also i think ive looked through most of the people's art that has been posted up on the great french website; http://www.naimoka.com/viewforum.php...6d6caff7d7b52b

Piccehs!

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I found the kare kano manga, and im up to volume No.12 which is set a while after the play... and around the time of their fieldtrip. Its also developed someones backstory... which turned out nice.

Random quickies are the order of the day...

Not really up for anything big at the moment as im humming and harring about where id like to go with my way of drawing, the japanese way of doing things is so much more appealing to me, ive just gotta work out what i wanna do with it.

Not that you should expect to see any "learning to draw manga" shit appearing in this thread... :3

Sorry theyre sucky, im all emo while i read manga.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1