Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice digi art!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bro, great updates since my last visit here, keep posting.. i wil be back soon.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright jack nice to see some new stuff, i really like the top hat guy ya could just imagine him roaming around tipping over apple carts and what not. Keep up the good work sweetie pie. KISSES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sabe & enthom thanks for stopping by!

Ant Hes meant to be as bad ass as Lucci from the CP9! ;,<

Minorish update, striving to be able to do sezzy girlehs as min and zhuzhu do ;< alas im failing at the moment. Once ive got my terms assessment out of the way ill dig into my nice "girl" reference folder and do some proper studies. Which ive not bothered with lately because i cant be bothered to unplug my headphones to listen to music. Cuz by 3am my already lacking motivation is nigh on depleted.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

http://jackwhat.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update jack... keep posting my friend.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    enthombed I shall indeed posting!

I LOVE ONEPIECE.

But yeah, updates... basically tarting shit up for my assessment as well as doodling, been in the mood for drawage today! Im fortunate enough to be able to use my doodles as "Backup" work for my college units. Im _so_ fucking lazy, so apologies for not taking peoples crits on board. Its not that i dont listen because i keep things in mind. Its just when something looks ok for a pass i generally leave it at that. But i will become the best eventually...!

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love this last guy! love his coldness face. And One Piece Rocks hehe keep sharing

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff going on. i like the way you paint.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Call Glad it came across if even a little, i intended for him to have a prettier face, sort of american psycho coldness... whatever.

Factor

Coupla much needed studies, ill probably laze around doing a few of these in weeks to come, master studies included, im hoping that by next term, thanks to some "intense" (haha...) studies ill of improved if a little.

Also, hands? I'll start on them too, and feet.

But there easier to... have my way with when they have less means to resist.

Shit awkward skewed faces too...

Choppers, namis and Sanjis Onepiece singles are rocking my world.

betweeeeen the windoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited by Jackwhat; March 21st, 2007 at 07:41 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seeing as i had my printer out i thought i might as well scan the few pages i managed to knock together since i last scanned (not much). Handing in my work for this terms submission tomorow, my sketchbook included ;<.

Couplda studies and random doodles in there to boot.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright Jack it's nice to see some stuff from your traditional sketchbook, seeing as i haven't had a looksie at it for ages, liking the face studies my good man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whats up man? Long time. Nice progress, your anatomy stuff has come along very well. Digital stuff is much improved also. Hands in last post look pretty straight. Don't mean to be a hypocrite, but don't slack on those hogarth studies. They sure do help, especially with the baseline for the body.

Thanks for the crits in my book, have yet to pick up a brush pen though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ant i handed in it for assessment and now ive been drawing in an older sketchbook, makes me cringe ;<

Bob Heh, i dont intend on slacking but i do want to revist some loomis for a more ... mm structured approach? especially when it comes to the perspective stuff.

Some quick ... or not digitals from me, first one took a lot alotta revisions so yeah, any comments on how to stepup my method (hence the steps link). My anatomy sucks hard still. Workin on it. Sorta, maybe?

2nd is a doodle, they ended up looking disimilar in style by the time i had ended up color to the inked version, dunno, i like them seperately but not together. Meh.

Might scan in some sketchbook stuff tomorow if i can be assed, got a few OnePiece pictures going on, because its the best manga ever. ever. ever.

Yes.

Pictures~

Process Shots... ill make it a link eventually, cuz its fucking abysmal, i actually liked where it was goin at about part 3-4 then it kinda ended up being too polished and unsexy for its own good.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Helllllooooo Jack, i think that the first pic has got a great glint in her eye, the process shots are great i've been working on a piece and going through a similar process of revising it so that stuck a chord with me. second piece is good to though i would go for the line drawing kinda one, like where you have been going with that style.KISSES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I came in here because of your name. Jackwhat! We used to say that shyt in highschool and then Lil JOn started saying it, but his was in a different manner to be loud haha. You got some nice work in here. Keep spit shining your skillz dude. What? LOL! holla!XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ant The amount of revisions i end up doing to some pictures make me wanna cry, especially when its a glaring the obvious mistake, more noticable when im drawing from reference. THE FUCK? HER TIT WASNT THERE...
    Beelow You make me miss talking to my old yank friend on ventrilo ;< He was so crazy yo!

A few studies and a quick brushtest sorta thing... blantent source of inspiration, and a total switch of mood halfway through. meh.

Need to work more on foreshortening and perspective, ive been testing out some perspective things in my sketchbook. I think im the sort of person who learns from seeing things and accomplishing things, i just find it easier that way, so unless i see it for myself.... i just dont get explanations half the time. I think i might be an idiot. (e.g. I was trying to work out "horizonline" placement and where it would go, then i read my trusty drawing the marvel way book, which had the simplest explanation of it ... for me, eyelevel?! +examples. Calling it the horizon line confused me to fuck.)

anyhow, i cant be arsed scanning my sketchbook ill do it tomorow, theres some newish shits thar.

Anyone with any opinions on composition / setup for that 2nd image? For the sake of my better understand!

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright jack you lil beauty. i like the way you've done that robot, it pops out really sweet, not so sure about the ladies tho, i feel it aint subtle enuff,although the the brush technique or whatever your doing works well on the face in that page. but your probly experimenting so disregard my bizarre ramblings. KISSES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ant Konichiwa to yuo! I kinda get what you mean about subtle enough, im king of laziness though so its a push to get it to look like that let alone get some sexy subtlety in there

On another note, im watching the original gunbusters at the moment, onto episode 3.... kinda alreet, oldskool bot designs make me chuckle. Just finished Melody of oblivion too, which apparently had some Gainax involvement... and judging by the last 2 episodes i can hazzard a guess, i mean, total fucking flipout!? featuring cuts to girls dressed up in cow costumes who... moo a lot?! (this is after a fairly "serious" series about warriors vs monsters who eat children and some corrupt society that supplies said children as sacrifices).

Posting in your sketchbook soon honey, been slack ;<

http://animekouhyou.com/wp-content/u...09/Melody8.jpg

Rightttttt...

(Fucking funny though)

A sketchbook update featuring Onepiece doodles! in a hope that people will, if not already, go check out the marvel that is Onepiece! Few other reference pictures in there too from a hair magazine and the anatomy dood (im fucking appauling at names).

still need to practice more perspective and go back to black and white for a while, much to explore. yes.

Edit: and in the spirit of Onepiece love, an awesome picture by Jeri of Chopper

Last edited by Jackwhat; April 10th, 2007 at 12:15 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quickish stuff. I find it really frustrating when i have an idea/compostion in my head and i cant put it into practice, its like something just isnt computing in the path from my mind to my hand. Meh. I dont want to resort to straight out referencing, I do want to do some lifedrawing though, miss that.

Oh and couple experiments, one being attempt at inking and coloring of Artacons lovely lady, kinda went a bit pear shaped with the values n shit though. Sowee. I needed to play around a bit though, cuz halfway through i noticed i was taking the same approach to a previous colored picture (http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...ster_Redux.jpg) and i didnt really want that, because it was a totally different setting. My bad... however another Loomis book i got is most helpful and easy to understand so ill be giving that a better look over once i can get back to my sketchbook!

And another quick doodle to boot, I really like the bishounen style of drawing, kinda pissin about with that idea a little.

^ From Ants sezzy sketchbook

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fiddled with a previous experiment a bit, thinking about composition... Are verticles bad? Its a kinda city street, shes sat under some sorta Noodle shop (setting)... meh, ill get it in the end, now ive gotta think about the odds n bobs that will go with a city street. Back to college soon, might study/take photos there.

"might".

Coupla studies too, got my 3rd year interview and i wanted to show something besides badly drawn conceptart, i find "studying" aka copying to be a nice way to unwind. I really like the pictures i was looking at, Kinda worked as an insight for the form. *look at me with my artsy mankeymankeymankeymankeymankeymankeyry words*

Enough bullshit, pictures...

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Coupla morning quickies, kinda noodling with meh robot character person... been thinking about their backstorys and the the story in general for my graphic novel come game. Should really start producing some better art for it really.

And a fashion study doodle to, i think my sexuality is questionable at times.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great studies and characters the old man portraits is outstanding. keep it up i really enjoy watch your work

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What up jack, good stuff as always, particularly like the fashion studies from the last post. old man head studies good too. 3rd year interview arggghhhhhhhhhh. cya soon baby. KISSES.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Call thanking you. I'll drop by your sketchbook properly when CA is working properly, I click on links and they dont load... annoying ;(

Ant You dont have to worry, youve got about a billion sketchbooks to whip out ;p... and youre no where near as lazy as i am. Looking forward to monday morning. I was talking to mark last night about how great it would of been if i had grown a mustache and just swandered in. Shame ;(

Coupla quickies, another study and a random doodle done while listening to the Pi soundtrack, genious!

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude (waves)

Your practices with faces are paying off, I think they are looking more confident as you go further down.

I guess what this SB is missing are boobs and booties.

Lol, seriously you might wanna do some more practices where you draw the entire bodies in casual poses. The fashion references you did in the latest updates and earlier on this page have some of the most spontaneous postures I've seen from you and I guess you might find it helpful to do more of them.

Keep updating mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jeri Heyup sugar. Considering the vast quantities of smut that passes through my handdrive i should of perfected the female body... really i should of, that an my voyuer hobbies. My tutor commented that my poses are a bit too .. posed, considering thats one of the first comments on how to improve my art i can conclude that he reads this thread.

Youre right though, its something i cant seem to get the hang of at all at the moment, I guess i should step my voyuer levels up some more and start drawing while im crouched in those bushes. I'll sort it out eventually, maybe?!

Some quick doodles, been watching Death Note this week, now im uptodate on it and i kinda dont really feel like doing anything till i know if im on my course for a 3rd year. Hopefully all goes well with my interview tomorow.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright jack nice update liking the face on the coloured piece what's he up to, something naughty i'd wager. Hope your interview went well and your on the third year it wouldn't be the same without you. Cya soon mate. KISSES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ant I have no idea what hes upto, and wubbles to you

Im kinda motivated and lazy at the same time at the moment, ive got a fair few ideas floating around in my head and im filtering out what i want... i guess. Captain vague at your service.

Ive got aboot 6weeks to design a rough level for my final project.... which ive been using on and off for things for about a year. Basically ill design the level with a commentary on how it works/you progress to give an idea of gameplay, and along with that ill illustrate little 3 part sequences for either a cutscene/checkpoint or just the action, kinda overplayed. Knowing me this is all talk though, but i really need to sort out doing some fucking environments/cool shit.

ugh. Rant.

1 Quickie this time, whos another character rough. A mechanic dood, who youre friends with, the kinda... we go way back friend.

And a coloured thingeh, just playing with someones lines... who owns face. I kinda like the result but its missing things and it bugs me cuz i cant quiet put my finger on it, it also took about 3-4hours of playing around with even if i wasnt adding much id just be pooting around with gradients/highlights or whatever. Bollocks.

^ Lines by http://toshinho.deviantart.com/

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very good SB! I love your anatomy sketches and those painted from a photos Cant wait for more

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff!

cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12