Thanks

Graphite Issues.

I have a question about a problem that has been plaguing me for some years...
    I can't seem to use just graphite. When I use graphite alone in pencil form regardless of it being a stick, mechanical, HB, 9B, H or a wooden pencil I seem to have a hard time making my work look neat and professional. I can't do construction lines well, sketch or do a good drawing with just using graphite alone. I can't draw through as well with just using graphite.

I have found that using a color pencil as an outline and then going over the drawing with graphite works for me. My work turns out to be neat, clean, it looks more like what I imagine or observe. Plus there is more value and texture nuiance in my work.

Is there anything wrong with using the technique of using a color pencil to do outlines and construction lines? I'm the kind of person that seems to be stickler for rules and it affects my work and my choices in technique. I have this thought if I can't use graphite and everything else expertly that makes me not an artist.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Graphite Issues.
    Last edited by tongue-fu; April 27th, 2006 at 02:24 AM.