E.O.W Round 20: Tribal Commune - The Big Vote!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for the awesomest tribal commune!

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • chaosrocks

0 0%
  • Beelow

1 1.30%
  • bumskee

19 24.68%
  • redehlert

6 7.79%
  • Carafaele

0 0%
  • Mitze

0 0%
  • abediah

0 0%
  • Brand_X

0 0%
  • ohjay

7 9.09%
  • MattGamer

0 0%
  • CSOLDIER7

0 0%
  • Tyranx

17 22.08%
  • Aaron Holley

24 31.17%
  • yAdam

0 0%
  • Form

3 3.90%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

E.O.W Round 19: VOTING THREAD

TOPIC: Tribal Commune

Deadline For Voting: Saturday 15th April

Please vote for your personal favourite artwork from this round. Please remember that your vote should reflect an equal weight of aesthetic impact, adherance to the brief, and idea development.

Your votes will be public.
    Please help strengthen the activity by leaving criticism for the artist you vote for, and for any other artworks you can manage!

posting thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------

chaosrocks
    The people of Eldar Forest took to the trees, when the Land Tigers made living on the ground impossible. Althoguh that was in prehistoric days and the Last Tiger's skin lies in the position of honour in the main Guild house. The People still live in the trees safe from Floods and invaders.

Beelow
    Robed caped individuals, are proceeding to their place of worship. Within these temples lies something, that something we don't know is it dark or is this a divine entity that is leading this individuals to their promise land?

bumskee
    To the white elves that dwell amongst the caves, dragons are sacred creatures. Some say dragons are even offspring from their revered God, Idiamin. However deep in this canyon of snowy mountains, these two live harmoniously, The dragons in exchange for a luxurious life cared for by the elves provide transportation to and from the harsh landscape.

redehlert
    Twin Peaks: Eastern Rise
    High atop the venerable Eastern horn is the Tribal Commune's Easterly Rise Sect.
    The Tribe's Abbot leads the monks through the peak's internal byways traversing from the East to the West peak for prayer ensuring the safety of the commune.

Carafaele
    Perhaps the decendants of an unfortunate shipwreck, this tribe have made their homes on the steep cliffs of these rock formations that rise alone out of a turbid sea. Their society relies upon the masses of kelp and sea creatures that they hoist up from the oceans depths to use as food, building materials and clothing.

Mitze
    The weather changed and the water rose society broke down and war came. But the tides receded and what was left was a shell of the old world what was once great nations where now tribes. The East side and 16 street tribe lives where their names say. A old submarine is where there tribal chief rules and is there last protection from roaming scavengers and other tribes.

abediah
    a tribe, stranded on the tops of cliffs thousands of feet in the air, use this secluded area as a meeting place for the leaders, where they can be undisturbed by the lesser tribe members.

Brand_X
    Struggling to survive in the vast and unforgiving Pacific Savanna the tribe adopted this relic of some long lost civilization as a communal shelter

Form
    This tribal commune exists along the only marked path on the Freundin Glacier. It has been able to survive by hunting seals, polar bears and other arctic wildlife to sell fur pelts to travellers crossing the huge glacier. With only three of the remaining 24 tribesmen remaining being women, it is expected that this well loved and welcome sight for trekkers may not exist for much longer.

ohjay
    On Tongalla Toka, the northernmost island in the Tongallii archipelago, the Sabeth tribe resided in their hanging village above the waters of the Lasanya sea.

Here they were safe from the scavenging Larda lizards that roamed the main island, while close to the habitats of their primary source of food, the delicious Inala crabs.

MattGamer
    The village of Kowahkta fishes and hunts sacred animals in the hills of Pokawatai. Their existence is based soley upon their willpower to live. The Kowahkta's huts are made of clay from an island named Rektu. The huts can be closed when the storms make the tides rise, as to not let water in so that the Kowahkta's can be dry even in worst of times.

CSOLDIER7
    The people of Cadan had always feared the so called," Underground society of the elephant’s tusk," but only in their imaginations did they fear this strong tribe of hidden Cadanians, for they did not know them. Long ago, a young boy found himself wandering through the great forest seeking, praying, and hoping for a situation that would help him prove his manhood. After 6 weeks of sparse rations and no interaction with anything but the fierce sounds all around, he came to a hole in the ground...like a wound in the planet's skin. To tell the truth, it was more like the hole found him. His body fell down deep into the cavern of green and blue light, only dwarfed by the light piercing the opening above. Before his body could turn in midair, so that this young traveler could meet his fate head on, his body slammed onto a hard yet wrinkled surface. He quickly turned to notice that fate had spared his young frail body, but it was what spared him that define his life, and the life of his people. The cave was full of mighty elephants, or, Elaphia, as His people called them. Thus, as the years went by, the young man's people honored the elephants by building a shrine to them, deep in the cave. They also took up residence in the great cavern systems, which had been molded by time, and the great winds from the nostrils of their god. The shrine was a creature likened unto the form of a Cadanian and an Elaphia, for in this cave, the two became one.

Tyranx
    Tribal Commune

In the barren deserts of Reol live a hardy people. The unforgiving heat and sandstorms on the plains above drove these people to seek refuge wherever they could. They came across a long abandoned village and temple of an extinct civilization. The tribe took refuge in this village and remain there to this day.

Aaron Holley
    The setting for this piece is suppost to be deep in the amazon rain forrest where one of the last ancient tribal societies are hidden and untouched by the modern world.

yAdam
    At the border of a south eastern jungle a tribe inhabits a series of tree houses. The tribe is known for it's ability to construct these homes that can withstand intense weather conditions, due to the placement of the supports and the density of trees that they are built in.

Last edited by Red_Rook; April 8th, 2006 at 03:38 PM.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work guys, we got a wonderful turn out this week and theres alot of effort in these, alot of great work

Bumskee gets my vote, awesome work guys.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my vote goes to ojhay! Really hard dicision to day! somany great entry's!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like you forgot form in the voting list

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaron Holley got my vote, great textures and terrific atmosphere in his entry.

...But just for future reference, around here it's considered very bad form to vote for yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very, very nice work from everyone... If it were up to me, I'd use all these for a game concept...

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of great entries, really nice.

tough, ended up going with Tyranx, the depth really got me.

Aaron, awsome work.

Dave, I thought your piece was great, really loved the idea, I think it fell a little behind in terms of execution, the face, those sand holes? great,

Form! red works great, dark and sinister. urs not on the voting poll?

Carafaele, wish you had put some colour it in, nice concept!

Last edited by bumskee; April 8th, 2006 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Didn't read the previous votes when I cast mine. didn't realize Aaron had voted for self....oh well he's new around here..its still an awsome piece. I had a hard time picking really they are literaly nearly all very evocative.
    my other two top runners were Tyranx and Form.
    top notch guys.
    Chaos Rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Form urs was what I liked best, but ur not in the polls so, I voted for Red! NIce work, loved the idea and compo is pretty nice!

Still all nice work guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, so much greatness to aspire to!

Makes it damned tough to vote for one though, hrmm.

I think I have to go with Tyranx this round. Mostly because he captured the quality of light you get out here when a storm rolls in so perfectly I can nearly smell the rain.
    If I had a nitpick it would be that the buildings are a little to crisp and clean to sell the "long abandoned" and "tribal" aspects of the concept.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Form's Not in polls? yes he/she is ..on my computer at least...It's a totally cool composition..the 9th one down
    C.rocks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Tyranx got my vote... great stuff everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    roooooook im not on the poooooooooooooooollllllll

asshat, and dont try to pretend like it was a mistake either you swiss bastid

my vote goes to bumskee, b-e-a-utiful dude. Way to combine a character, a creature, and an enviro in one sly lil entry.

Tops work from EVERYONE, good to see eow picking up steam.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Form, you are such a good sport mate. eeeeee! thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bumskee, yours rocks. The brush strokes are just sexy. And the creatures to complement it...whoah.

Tyranx, beautiful scenery as always. If I dare say so though, the dwellings look a bit out of place. Too 'flat' or little detail compared to the rest?

redehlert, great great concept.

Everyone else gets a hand as well, this was a fabulous round. Glad to be a part of it.

ohjay's sketchbook

So here we are but no cigar
    idiots and electric guitars
    You're hiding, keep riding
    from acid to zen and back again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what a learning process this is! environments = tough!
    i'm honored to have your votes, folks!
    i loved min's and aaron's but was compelled to vote for tyranx - that touch of red in the upper right quadrant is mint.
    hats off to all y'all! i'm going to dive back into my anatomy cave.
    cheers!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaron Holley I love it! This place that you have created is just phenomenal! I love the well defined context of the amazon forrest itself and the light that is breaking through the indiginous grouth of plant life. The water adds that smooth and cool feeling that you are in a place of awe! Good Work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for bumskee... Adore the colour scheme and composition. Wish I could vote for Aaron Holley as well. There's so many great entries but I ended up refining my decision to one of those two.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jesus, form, sorry mate, hell you could have edited the poll yourself!

foo, sorry about that dude, total accident >___<

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Redehlert - cool concept and execution.
    Really liked Form and CSoldier7's though.

As for mine, I wish I had put some colour in it too! I don't have a lot of internet access (only at work), and I ran out of working days to upload a coloured version - I am working on one though, so maybe I'll post it when I do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Form. Loved the progression in the clouds from light to dark. Loved the red highlights on the.. what are those? I imagined they were rib cages from some long-extinct dinosaur. The lights at the end of the long branches moved my eye across the compostion perfectly.

Second place was a tie between Tyranx and Bumskee, both very beautiful.

Aaron Holley, I got no problem with you voting for yourself. It looks like you worked really hard on it; you thought yours was the best and you were just being honest. And it really is excellent, so cheers.

Everyone else, also way to go, it looks great, especially RedEhlert.

Last edited by followfunction; April 11th, 2006 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, sorry, my bad about the voting thing, didn't know, won't happen again.....

Plate...thanks for the comments

Bumskee...Thanks man I would have voted for yours if I would have known about the voting thing

Brandon ...Thanks man I appreciate it

ohjay ...I like the concept I think if you just would have taken it a little further it would have been pretty awesome ....maybe some different camera angles ...maybe have it towering over you while the viewer is either swimming looking up out of the water or in a boat looking up and have multiple colony type things ....and I would really bring up those reflections of the land masses on the water

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha oh yeh rook i totally forgot about that hey your not my friend no more. s'ok ill just have to haul double ass next round

This is a hard one i have Aaron Holley,bumskee,Tyranx i want to vote for. Ok going for Aaron Holley.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, absolutely gorgeous entries everyone. Congrats to all who participated in this round...unfortunately since you can only vote for one, oh jay got mine; I really liked the idea of a floating commune above the sea, it intruiged me to learn more about the culture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaron Holley got my vote. The quintessential tribal commune and it rocks. I was thinking about posting late on Friday, but I saw yours and quit.

Tyranx as usual, awesome.

bumskee sweet. I dig the speedpaint quality. Looks like you might be able to complete these in a couple hours?

What an awesome EOW round.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote goes to Aaron, man that's some nice art!

You can't do better than doing your best!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.