Art: A month art dump.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile A month art dump.

3 more images I did this month.
    Please feel free to crit the work, Iíd really like advice as well if you can.

Squad valentine. Iíve had complaints that this is too dark, however I bought an A1 print of it after I finished for my portfolio and found this isnít the case. its all hand painted so it took a while.

A month art dump.

A month art dump.

Biker II This was a remake of an image I did a few years ago probably not as strong as my other pieces but I attempted to do a number of things Iíve never drawn before.

A month art dump.

I realised after this that Iím not partially good when it comes to faces or skin tones. So in an endeavour to get better at this I created
    Cornflake girl. Probably my first attempt at actually drawing someone properly without reference.

A month art dump.
    For more information on these images and prints please vist my page

http://www.cabul-noir.deviantart.com

thanks for viewing.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your skin tone is still pretty off. Doesn't look alive. The face is good though, and the proportions and anatomy are very well done. I don't think you really did it without reference, judging from the anatomy skills in your other pics. Do you mean with a live model as opposed to photoreference?

The first piece IS too dark - I don't care how it looked on the print, with all those darks going into the far background, it kills the depth it could have had. In the motorcycle pic, I like the angle - very dynamic - but the water seems to be splashing as if the wheel had been dropped into the water, not sliding across still spinning as the blur on the spokes suggests. Wheels kick up more water behind them, and not much from in front. Again, there's also too many dark values in the background - you can achieve a lot more dpeth by keeping the darkest darks only for the forground and having things lighten and blue out as they recede.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your skin tone isn't quite there but I do like the blue hue on the last person. People seem to miss it out but when you think about it there is a bluey hue often on people. When the skie's around at least.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks no nie i forgot to put that the biker image was done at the beginning of the month along with the squad piece. then the cornflake girl was done at the end of the month after i'd spent most of it practising and working using refrence information. So i tried to refrain from using refrence on her.
    thanks for the motorbike crit i'm glad you were able to put your finger on the problems with the water. Everyone i asked couldn't seem to work out the problem and neither could i so thats helped a lot. I'll try to reduce my darker values as well thanks.
    and thanks rhynome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow your work is amazing, the detail is crazy. for instance the shot to the mans neck in the first painting is done so beautifully. in my current status, i cannot crit you in any area of your work, its just done so wonderfully

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.