CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for the beauty

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty morbidhumor

26 27.08%
  • CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty sone one

19 19.79%
  • CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty Oregano

34 35.42%
  • CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty michamachtlos

0 0%
  • CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty walnut

5 5.21%
  • CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty VampireHungerStrike

2 2.08%
  • CHOW 19 - VOTING - Twisted Anatomy Beauty burrito

10 10.42%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some nice entries his time too - yet, we can do better.
    It's time to select a beauty .
    START VOTING

Artist: morbidhumor
    ------------------------------

Artist: sone one

Artist: Oregano

Artist: michamachtlos

Artist: walnut

Artist: VampireHungerStrike

Artist: burrito

Last edited by Oblio; April 2nd, 2006 at 10:42 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey wrong entry for me, it should be the last image I posted of the chick with the fire red hair. Can you change it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uh - sry mate - the other one is unfortunately not up for the poll
    i'll explain my reasons for all the not polled entries later today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh ok. thought there was just a mix up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i voted for burrito, that's for me the most twisted image, he for me pushes it the most. But I have the feeling the entries are holding back a litte with the originality.

Live is blur...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Oregano because the original said beauty contest and I think that fits the best.

Plus it's just all around awesome!

I'm not so good with the advice...Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

my painting blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    morbidhumor: because of the 'working' simplicity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm voting for sone_one because I see a clear understanding of anatomy before any "twisting" is applied. Also, all of the issues with the initial sketch have been fixed... including resizing the head to a proportional level, improving the quality of the bust, and making the pose more attractive. The only area where this entry falls short for me is the presentation.

___

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano- It is beautiful and twisted
    Burrito -second
    Vampirehungerstrike third

walnut beaututiful.. but not twisted
    michamachtlos- I get the feeling this would be beautiful if it were moving. not as much anatomy though
    Morbid Humour and Soneone-- twisted but not beautiful (nice drawings though)

am contemplating killing myself since I didn't make the poll in this or COW this week therefore I suck and my opinion means nothing

chaos rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Oregano because it called to me the most, it's beautiful and twisted, but I'm not uncomfortable looking at it. Plus I have a thing for slightly art nouveau-esque paintings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mines for sone one. Proportions, muscles, idea, and the nice look of black and white. Theres just something about pencil drawings that im turned on 2.

They are all awesome though, gj guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for sone one. Really like his piece, even though it's just pencils.

Close second is Oregano - nice rendering, especially around the head.

Burrito's also appealed to me. Looks really great as a thumbnail, but at full-size I think the thicker black lines detract from it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted sone_one's for it highly effective disgustingness-level plus it's a fine drawing. I have to confess i still have no idea what the actual theme is about, so i couldn't say if anyone hit the mark more than anyone else. Guess i'm not alone, given the somewhat disappointing number of entries. But the participants who did rose up to the challenge all did do a great job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    actually there was a huge number of entries that didn't get taken to poll. I wish I knew why.
    Twisted Anatomy Beauty contest.....I think Beauty was to be involved... not "disgustingness level"
    c.rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the votes and comments guys... i voted for burrito. his is the most twisted and beautifully done.

hrm why some aint been put up for the poll... i dont know... some though have stated it aint their final, or that this aint their entry... so...

and beauty is something really subjective ... so a playmate with a third leg wouldnt be exactly beautiful for me. in my decission i didnt pay attention to the "beautines" factor at all, since we cant judge that on our current stereotypes... since in our society twisted anatomy aint beautiful... no matter what. that is a dead road imo.

so yeah i understand why you are offended that yours hasnt been taken to poll and i dont know why... oblio has to explain that, but i think you beautiful/disgusting argument is flawed in this case.

my 2cents

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey sorry that must've come out wrong..Im not offended that it didn't go to poll. Just disappointed and I would like to know why so that I don't make the same mistake again.
    with greatest respect
    c.Rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    morbidhumor's image really grabbed me. I love the anatomy, and although it's not technically a "finished" looking piece, it still evokes the most emotion. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From the previous thread-
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck,mate
    morbidhumor - you got it going on! i just love your style there. i can see 2 figures there though, male and female in some sort of a battle i think.
    is that intentional?
    Thanks for the encouragement. I hope the update resolved some confusion. I didn't realise the forward figure's head looked attached to the abdomen of the other fig until I looked at it again after your post.
    The "battle" is intentional though I couldn't tell you for sure what the hell they're doing.
    Rickert- Thanks. I think I understand what you mean.
    magicgoo- Wow. Thanks for the compliment! Now I'm wishing I took the time to polish it. The (non)response to it (and the general lack of entries) in the other thread gave me the impression that it was a wash and not worth my time to continue it at all. Your response is very heartening. Thank you.

Huge thanks to the people who took the time to vote. I gave mine to sone one. I'm a sucker for well-done anatomy. Huge props for making somthing so difficult look so effortless.
    Oregano comes in a close second for me. As many have pointed out this topic was a little too broad and no one really knew where to go with it. This entry wasn't what I expected but is still an interesting and well done idea.

I disagree completely with chaosrocks repeated assertations as to what this activity was supposed to be about. He has no idea and noone else does either. This entire activity was based on three very ambiguous words. What we made of them was the interesting part. Just because many of the entries don't fit my ideas doesn't make any of them wrong. My respect to everyone who made an attempt at this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey..just stirring the pot. trying to make sure that all the pieces of the pie were included.. and by the way.....its true that I have no idea....but Im not a "He." yours is a nice piece and, goddess knows, better than I can do. I am a litte grumpy that there was a vague ambiguous topic and then a pile of pieces got eliminated.. so I guess they were "wrong" sorry just a little grumpy . no disrespect intended

Chaos rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha morbid thanks ... and theres no sugarcoatedloving intended when i say that i think you make it look much easier to me than i do... for me... but i havent had to put the work into it
    yours imo is the most dramatic of all entries and with a little more directing (value- and focus-wise) the audience, i think it would have won easily.

@ chaos.... i really dont know whats the reason you aint got included (along some others)... thats something you need to sort out with the moderators of these challenges.
    i think that all, that aint stating "this aint my final" or "this aint my entry" or whatever should get put up for poll.
    but im no moderator... and i never had to make such decissions nor would i ever like to.
    i like your mindset though, and this should be said as well... even if youre possibly a she (this part is kinda cryptic for me ) you got the "balls" to post your effort (unlike me most of the time). and imo you should be rewarded by taken to poll for this. unless you aint meeting the rules set up for a particular challenge like everyone else, but afaik there aint been none this time.

and before oblio gets this paragraph wrong... IT AINT MENT THAT WAY! lol.... seriously i appreciate your effort and that you do that... i aint even got the patience to count to ten most of the time :/.

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano, WHOA. That is cool. I didn't really know where people were going to go with this one, but when I saw your painting, I felt you nailed it on the head.

Burrito was the runner up... man that is twisted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK - Here i go about the entries not taken to the poll.

First - please know that i do appreciate the efforts u guys put into this thing. I have been rejected at COW several times so i know how it feels - yet, I’m doing this just to keep a nice level of quality for this stuff.
    I hope that my roughness will motivate you instead of turning you away from this. The pleasure is in drawing and in getting better - at least for me.. this is how it is.
    Also - please think about your entry as a real contender for the top position - a lot of the participants don’t plan to win but they want to be evaluated by the voters. I do understand this yet it's always a compromise to be made - and keeping the competitively seems more appealing to me.

I have to say that the theme did not go as planned. I was really looking to see good anatomy skills going creative, not an excuse for the lack of anat. knowledge.
    This is the reason I have taken to the poll the Sone One’s SKETCH. In my opinion it goes best with the description, yet the fact that it’s not finished made me cast my vote away.

MichalMotion - WIP.

Oglemeanimations - WIP

Kurdt - not taken due the low quality of the work. You can put more work on that.

Chaosrocks - low quality of the work. (the amount of work is visible and i'm sorry not to be able to reward that. However, your work is not effective. Your lines are not clean, your volumes (form and values) need more work. I would also focus on B&W at first until my forms and values read perfect.

Siko X - I know it was not intentional but your entry is more like Fan Art - and i think we should encourage the creativity. It's not a bad piece and it has it's own valuable additions but i would prefer to see something really original. Next time maybe. (it's good to let the monsters come out).

Defiled - quickie.

Infinitum - low quality of the work - pretty much like Chaosrocks - i do see the volume of work you put into it - yet it is not at the level. Make it B&W and watch your values. You have the same orange in the "non lit" areas allover her body. If you would have put that same amount of time just in values.. probably the piece would have done better.

Artiphats - man, you already know it - since you have a better piece posted. sorry for all the commotion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah that kind of sucks about my peace but I can't deny it. I showed it to some friends, and they said the same thing about Voldo. I'll probably change the design a bit some other time, but it's too late for an entry. I'll definately try to avoid this from happening again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oblio is dead on about the quality of the work.

This has been gone over many times. The idea behind the CHOW, and the other weeklies, is to do your best work and present that, not to throw crap up against a wall and hope it sticks.

If a picture can be looked at and understood as "done" then it's complete. It does not need to be a tight rendering. Everyone has a different approach to a subject, and sometimes this varies from piece to piece.

morbidhumor's piece is finished enough to be taken to poll, even though it is very loose. And so is sone one's, even though it is a much tighter rendering.

Think about what you are presenting, keep it on topic, and go for broke. It's about pushing yourself, not whipping something out in five minutes.

~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kick ass Oregano.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    understood oblio.
    morbidhumor should have won! incredible anatomy on that crazy thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted oregano i like the way its renderd. Its reminds me of "nightmare before christmas" a bit

cheers

"FAIL, FAIL AGAIN, FAIL BETTER"

Members who have read this thread: 1