Thread: A cry for help

Thanks

A cry for help

Hello, I'm new to the site so please do not evicerate me in art. I am a writer, and I would like to write comics (wouldn't everyone). I realize this is an ART forum but I would like to know what some artists think of this story. How to layout the pages, what to accentuate in the script, what should and should not be included. If you have a spare moment, as I know few do, take a look and give me some feedback. I wouldn't mind finding an artist to calaborate with should it take your fancy.

thanks for your time.

http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=2143595

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I don't have time to read much of the script (I have to leave for work shortly...), but let me give you a couple of things just from glancing at it:

It helps if the script were in comic format. An artist should not have to break your story up into panels--that's your job. Try not to include anything but the basic visual info and dialouge/SFX. Writing "hoping the last vestige of warm sun would penetrate through the armor and padding he wore." is not necessary. Shorten this sort of thing to the time of day, or how you'd like to see lighting show up on the character.

Read DC Comics Guide to Writing Comics to get your format and writing style sorted out. Then post on Digital Webbing to look for artists interested in working with you.

The script seems decent in general writing style so far. G'Luck!

Thanks
    There's another community for this type of stuff! Penciljack!, I think you'll like it there.

(not trying to shoo you away from here, It's just you'll get better C&C there)
    [

Thanks
    Perfect, thanks. Digital webbing I've heard of. Penciljack I had not so thanks for the advice.

Yes, I do have the DC Guide, and I just finished. I am just having a hard time picturing the pages and the sequential art. But thank you for taking the time.

Thanks
    Think of it like a movie or animation, then "freeze frame" the sequence in your mind. You don't have to visualize everything--that's the artist's job.

Thanks
    Good point! I wrote the story and got it where I liked it. But I was having trouble planning out each and every panel, trying to picture in my mind what the finished product would look like. As an artist, do you prefer an open plan? Written so that you can throw in the details as you see fit?

thanks again! This is helping alot

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.