Sketchbook: Jesus_Mancini SB
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jesus_Mancini SB

Hah, my old thread died eons ago, so I guess that taught me a lesson about diligence. Got a scanner to use so I have a few pages of doodles and sketches to dump here. I guess I'll put up the old stuff from my old sb here too, for perspective's sake.

Hopefully this time around, I wont get tied up and stop drawing. I just felt that for a while, everything i touched turned to shit. While I'm still not very confident, I look back at my older stuff and think to myself "oh... thats whats happening." I really want to keep drawing, and I moved back in with my sis who is amazing, so hopefully i'll stay inspired enough to move forward.

Ancient shit first.

AAaaaand some newerish stuff.

OC doodle during a bad hangover after a bad blackout after a bad night. Woke up and heard some stories, felt like a fool.

sketch of a sp by nacho, missed the pose and likeness by a mile lol.

Random OC doodle of an old man out my head, looks kind of like mark twain.

I dont know what the deal is with this one, I think I was baked.

Mostly pencils of a kid out of my head.

Drawing of a sad looking kid from a photo on a church website asking for money. If you dont send them money, he's gonna die.

Aaand close up

Rest is just studies and doodles.

Haha my lil sis saw the War3 box in my room and started a pencil sketch, I dumped some inks on it but never finished.

To do list:
    1) study bridgeman more, work on gestures based on his book
    2) study loomis more, work on proportions/anatomy/full size portraits and complete drawings
    3) study from life period, I cant remember when the last time was I set up some objects or asked someone to pose, or scribbled some gestures as people passed by.
    4) get more active, use the wacom, OC with people
    5) learn to uh... paint... eventually (fuck painting is hard)

Comments and criticism welcome and asked for. I'm not at all happy where im at skill wise, but I realized not taking any pride whatsoever in my work is what stopped production in the first place; im ready to recognize the good and change the bad. Cheers,

JManc

Last edited by Jesus_Mancini; April 1st, 2006 at 05:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, that's a great start for your sketchbook! i like your non-digital stuff better, especially the portraits are great and "keine lust" made me smile... nice colorwork going on, too. all together made me think about trying colored paper, so thanks a lot for the inspiration! i just hope you can keep the motivation, would be a shame if not!
    p.s.: that to-do-list describes exactly my plans, but i've got a longer way than you ahead of me...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply, Stine.

Hah, I wish I had more stuff to update with, but its been a lazy sunday. Me and my older sis just doodled in OC, kind of got jpeg quality fucked, but its hardly a ruin of a masterpiece. The Easter were-Bunny obviously inspired/plagiarized from an old DSG of this orange/nut thing holding balloons. Cant remember the artist.

Edit: found it laying around my hard drive, his was way better
    http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Cr...ant-orange.jpg

Last edited by Jesus_Mancini; April 2nd, 2006 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see the progress in that first batch.. just keep folliwing your todo list and all will be fine - i promise

keep it up

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great gestures and traditional stuff in general. Hope to see some more development in the digital stuff. Do some studies from the internet, like environments or models to give you a better understanding of colour and value.

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, my digital = shit
    My reasoning is that when I do digital stuff, its like painting, and I dont know where to put my foot when taking the first step into that kind of shit, I cant paint. I will try to get some digital practice in however, its cheaper then throwing down on some oil paints, and I can hit ctrl-z.

In a more serious note then the were-bunny lol, I spent some time tonight drawing this. The scan left out my real subtle shading (papillon) on the face, which disappoints me because I was careful and focused in applying it. I was working on some more figure gestures (bridgeman) as well, and I'll have those up sometime tomorrow. Feels good to be drawing again. My apologies to your h-scrolls.
    EDIT: nvm lol, I was wondering why all my big drawings are always so small. Apparently, even though I take great pains to keep them under 520 kb, photobucket resizes all of them. Fuck you, photobucket. I spend all this time drawing this shit, and you give me fucking thumbnails to show people.

Last edited by Jesus_Mancini; April 3rd, 2006 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great portrait....love your inks....

My CA sketchbook

My comfy Sofa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got a couple lame gestures done today, and got a better/larger scan of the portrait. I think the reason the gestures suffered is because I got bored with them, so tomorrow the plan is to change things up and do an actual life study, and maybe fire up the wacom again. Then I'll probably do another portrait and hit the bridgman again.
    Dammit, looks like the resizing of this stuff is making the lines look jaggy, I'll have to figure out how to use this scanner for real.

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The eyes in the last peice arent in proper alignment and his left cheeklooks looks small ,I think you got the perspective wrong there.
    Keep working.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yup, looks like they're on different planes, thanks for the crit

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.