Nintendo DS lite. WHere to buy?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nintendo DS lite. WHere to buy?

W am thinking about ordering a DS lite, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to buy a foreign machine, so I have a few questions maybe you guys can help me with. Will I be able to play all US games on a foreign machine? Will all the txt be in Japanese, like in the picto chat for example? And do you guys know a good online store for buying one?

Thanks
    Chuck

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my original DS is japanese.
    yes, you can play ALL games (and play wi-fi) on a japanese DS.
    when you first get it, it will ask you to choose your language. just choose english! : ]

as for stores, im not sure. i ussualy use play-asia but they have ran out of DS lites allright : [

peace

sketchbook
    blog
    website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanxs Cartoonfox. And this applys to the DS lite too? Im sure thats what you mean, but I'm just trying to be sure. Dude I can't wait to finally get a DS. What games are a must have. I know I've seen you raving about the DS fox, but I can't remember what games you were talking about. I really want Mario DS, and Mario Kart.

In Mario Kart DS do you need two cartriges to play against a friend? And is Nintendo hosting servers to play with other players wi-fi or do you have to connect directly to a friend?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's some tidbits of news I found about the sexy little beast. Dude I can't wait to get mine! I think Im just gonna wait for the state side launch and not jump my guns which I tend to do with games... TOday I blew close to 150 dollars games... Shame on Spaceman.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/691/691013p1.html
    This link has some speculatory launch dates, it says that it may launch stateside with the release of the new mario game. Lets hope so.

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/NewsDet...FUuECwodnSCkvQ
    This is one link I found to buy a DS lite through some UK distributors. Way too much cash for me right now...

http://www.nintendospin.com/news/ds/...e-details.html
    this link has specs, and shows some really nice screens of the system. Now it plays GBA games, but I dont think it plays old Gameboy games.

http://ds.ign.com/objects/694/694756.html
    Zelda, Phantom Hourglass!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I was thinking of importing one too, but I'm gonna hold off. I'm hoping they'll announce some new colors for the American release. I want it in black. Importing one right now is just too expensive, and no one has them in stock anyway. I could use the brighter screen right now though. Some areas of Metroid get kinda dark, making it hard to play in some lighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    spaceman, yeah unless something wrong happend in making the lite, it applies to the new DS too! : ]

as for games, the must have games include:
    + mario 64 DS - unless you hate this game or have played it to death, you should really get it! plus it has new levels and characters as well as loads of awesome mini games that are way too adictive for their own good!
    + meteos - awesome addictive puzzle game. very hard on the harder levels. but with an addicitve gameplay that will make you come back for more!
    + mario kart DS - need i say any more? GET THIS GAME!
    + tony hawks american sk8ter - this game isnt for everyone, but me eing a fan of the console hawkster games, i had to buy this, and it didnt dissapoint. awesome gameplay and smooth controls. with impressive cel shaded graphics that suit the game very much. has Wi-Fi too!
    + animal crossing - another game not for everyone. this is certainly an aquired taste. i'd recomend trying out the gamecube version before buying this, or if possible rent it. awesome game if you love it though!
    + metroid prime hunters - not out in the UK yet, so i can't say much, but honestly not much nees to be said! awesome controls, amazing graphics, addictive multyplayer, with Wi-Fi and even voice chat!! (in the lobby only, not while you're fighting)
    + mario and luigi partners in time - if you've played any of the paper mario or mario and luigi games, then you NEED this one. i loved paper mario and so i'm just waiting for some more cash to buy this! it's nintendo at their finest once more. get it!

that's all i can think of right now, there are loads of others. but that's more than enough for now : ]

i can't wait to get my Lite, but am waiting for some new colours. seeing as i have an original DS, there is no imediate rush. im waiting on a shiny red! like that red revolution *drools*

peace

sketchbook
    blog
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh, nobody can have a DS and not own the masterpiece that is

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow. One of the best castlevania games I have played period, let alone a fun DS game... probably the best one I have played outside of Symphony of the Night.

Nanostray is pretty fun if you like old school shooters.

And for neato factor, our very own Yumiko worked on Frogger: Helmet Chaos. I never played to the end though, there are parts which are just hard! but a fun little kids game...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shit completley forgot about castlevania, i have no money, i need to buy so many games! :/

peace

sketchbook
    blog
    website

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.