Demon Sculpt early stages~
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Demon Sculpt early stages~

hello all... heres another demon of mine. its still in the very early stages. i thought i would get some feedback from the great minds of the conceptart family, or brood, ha ha what ever you call yourselves collectively. Tough crits please. i know its tough c&c a piece in its early stages.

the lower half is barely started, just the basic forms of the muscle mass. the face will probably change completly, that must be the 7th head ive tried on.
    sorry for my crappy pix, i'll take fancy ones once i get farther along with the piece.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks like an awesome project!!!
    The front looks great, Id say its 80% finished at the front? But the back need more work In my opinion. Something about the back are not right. Its almost TOO muscled, he looks a bit deformed or something in the spine - I mean, thats one weird "S" shape of the spine. However this may be due to It have too look interessting form all angles (as a good scuplture should) and it is good angles all of those shots of yours.
    I think it is his lattisimus muscles is to low down. I suppose a demo is supposed to look "freaky" but the muscles between the shoulderblades are a bit much ( the "V" shape), I would like a bit more ON the shoulderblades instead, them being what extrudes the most. Also, I would like too see a bit more muscles on his backside thighs.

I, like the head by the way? How about a big fat cigar in the left hand?

I look forward to see the finished piece, and is it scupley and second how tall is it (and how much does it wheigh? ). Also does it have an internal "skeleton" of some sort and if so, what is it made of? (I just bought my first pack of scupley myself, So I duno anything about it).

Landmate Guest
    thats really sweet.

he has a feminin waist though, id beef it up a little.

and have you considered a skull like hole for the nose instead of a nose. the nose makes him look a little to friendly. same with the mouth. its to human.

good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is truely awesome. What material is that made of? How tall is it?

If its fairly large I cannot imagine all the detail possibility you could have with this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exactly why i post on here.. great crits and comments.
    Johannes: thanks so much, as for the S shape... its really tough to make a sculpture to look interesting from all angles, and the way his leg anatomy, i thought his posture would be more towards the leaning back look. hmm... great crit about the shoulder blades, i'll try a few things to see how it turns out. the figures about 10 inches or so high, i start small then suddenly its larger than i planned. yes i do have an underwire armature, just made from a thick gauge wire. i dont want a weak floppy skeleton so i wrap each wire with 2 layers of wire. thick n strong.
    Landmate: oy geez, its weird i never realized the thin waist, i noticed the other day most characters in the japanese culture have thin waists, i guess the influence is stronger than i realize, i'll beef it up definately! as for the face, i actually had a skullesque head, one of the ideas i scrapped, the nose is kinda girly, i was goin for a semi human look, so no goat heads or anything.
    cheney: again the figure is about 10" and as for detail, i plan to make it crazy detailed, i've been studying some of the "McFarlane" figures, they have tons of detail giving it a lot of personality. texture is the key to those toys.
    thanks again for the comments, i'll update soon as its gets far enough along to to see major differences. domo!
    :chug:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.