Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: New Artists Seeking Help Come Here!

Thanks

im really new to this

ive been doodling all my life and i want to get serious about it and ive been sketching things here and there, and by no means is it good in any way, i just want to know if there are any tips for starting out, like what to draw or practice doing. thanks!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Question So I just wanted to be treated like the rest...am I going to the pen

ahola ~ I am finding myself very technologically incompetent.

For case in point everyone I was trying to upload an older black in white grid scale oil painting namely black and white.

As far as traditional artwork I can paint draw black and white quite fine..it's when color comes into the picture that things get unsteady.

So my problem lies in unloading my jpegs... I have them saved on photoshop as what do you say...php..photoshop files Lord I sound dumb..sorry...at anycase

I was trying to resave a file of the black and white figure in photoshop by resizing the image size... however for some odd reason it will not reinterpret..or change over once I reset it..and file save as....

I tried for width 400 height-263 and document width 5.556 and hieght-3.653..that worked out to 411 KB ..which the size requirements I felt where 500KB for JPGS...so can someone set me straight...someone told me I had a bug on my computer...

For instance I made a file of 160KB or so I thought..the program/photoshop was not switching it over...so you see it said I had a limit of 723.3KB and it exceeded the forum limit by 3441 KB correct?

O.k. I'm going on tangents here with on clear path because I'm rather confused..

Richard is my brother's name..and biological fathers..as well as Rigney was my surname before adoption...I"m not a tranvestite or anything of the like...I just felt uncomfortable using a feminine name...

So the photo I took here is a campy sardonic viewpoint of be as a possible B movie star...it's patterned after the well known and very wealthy postmodern artist Cindy Sherman.

Thanks for the listen hope i make sense...to get help...I'm not quite sure if my newer work fits in here.I've been told I'm something like Ross Bleckner...well with much more practice I will possibly be..

Ciao goodbye and thankyou for possible help
    Chris jdw

Thanks
    hello!

so i was reading through this thread, and decided it'd be good for me to quit lurking and go through the exercises, but then i got to the end, and no visits this thread anymore! ... *tear*

if no one minds i think i'm going to commit to drawing out the topics so far, and anyone else who'd like some practice is welcome to join me. maybe we could even think of some more things to draw. i've had some art experience, so hopefully i can give somewhat helpful critiques.

ok so i was bad and skipped topic 1, but here's the second one:

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here!

yeah my photo taking skills are a bit crappy... oh well

i'll do another one tomorrow
    see ya

Thanks
    ok here goes topic 3.
    forgive me it's worse than my camera

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here!

Thanks
    Someone should take over the thread and become a teacher ;-;~
    I would love to join, but sad as it is, I have no scanner/tablet to show my progress.

Thanks
    yeah really. maybe if we keep talking someone who knows what they're doing will accidentally pop by and clean up this mess

i wish i had a scanner. trying to take photos at midnight never works out well. :/

Thanks
    Hello everyone. I would welcome someone taking over the thread. Due to changes in my circumstances I havent been able to continue this thread as I originally hoped. I apologize to all involved.

If someone takes over I will try and give advice when I can but giving advice to everyone every few days became impossible for me.

You have all done very well on your own though and have supported each other better than any one person could.

A good way of running this thread could be for you to take it in turns to post topics and all give advice where you can. I think everyone can learn alot from each other in this way.
    Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    The light source is indicated by the rather shocked looking lion, which was originally intended to be a lightbulb.

Thank you for a most wonderful thread!

Thanks
    Well I can't figure out the "lion" here, I think lightbulb would be more appropiate

I may have got something for you, we did it at school some time ago, and it's quite easy to get fine results. Take a photo of something you want to draw, then add a grid with let's say 10x10 squares. Then take a piece of paper and draw each square seperately as you see it. Do NOT use any rulers or something, just look at the original photo and try to redraw it. Use lines only and don't try to put in shadows and stuff. When you are finished, erase the grid lines and redraw the parts that you accidentally erased while doing that. Scan or copy the linework.
    Afterwards, try to add lightning to the scene. You may look at the original for that, since it isn't that easy.
    When finished, you should have a quite accurate drawing of the original. What's the use, you say? It's quite difficult to add shadows to a drawing when the linework is anatomically strange, because you always think hey this looks plain wrong. Because you have a copy of the lineworks, you can always retry your shadowing. You can imagine different lightsources coming from different directions. You will find that lighting a scene changes the scene mood completely - if you didn't know yet, which i doubt

Anyway, welcome back guys!

Tiava
    There is a day when all departs
    I´m coming out of age,
    all your chains and all your wards
    someday will be unmade.

Be prepared of me these days
    as all of you shall be
    when all my false and rodent faiths
    break ´way just as do we.

-Tiava-

Thanks
    Thank you Tiava! I have heard about the grid method before, but have never bothered giving it a try. I'll go give it a shot now.

Thanks

No Sure Where You Are Now

Hi not sure what is happening on this thread but since I am basically just getting started here is the first project you gave out (at least my version of it).

Thanks
    hi there - good start.
    they seem to stay .. aproximately on the same plane - and that is good already.
    I will separate the value studies from the form ones for now. I know it' sboring but you stil lneed more construction.
    Like .. draw the inner lines of your cube and the full base of the cone. Your cone seems very flat due to the fact that you have issues with elipses.
    The "corners" of your elipse (the base of your cone) should be more round - try to exagerate just to give the feeling that the shape goes.. "around the corner" so to speak.
    Draw the inner lines - like your shapes are transparent.. it will help more to the line quality.
    put more force into it. don;t be afraid to ruin paper and all.
    Andre Jones used to say - every bad drawing.. is a step forward a better one. so.. keep em comming.

hope it helps.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Oblio,

Thanks for you input, I really appreciate it.

Yes I agree the cone really does look a bit flat. I think I was just just getting tired as it was the last item I added to the sketch. I am currently working 10 hour days Mon - Sat so when I get home I try to do some sketching or read more about drawing and such but of course I am pretty tired at the end of my days.

After November things will slow down and I will be back on a more normal work schedule.

Again thanks for your input.

Bill

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11