Art: Chinese Dragons/Gods + (dumped more old stuff in here)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chinese Dragons/Gods + (dumped more old stuff in here)

Hi guys,

I just finally got around to taking some digital pics of my old drawings. had a whole bunch of them from 2-3 years ago. here are my 3 favs. and i slapped on the brown paper background that i love on photoshop

This is done in Pencil. Chinese Dragon

Ink. A Tao God/Warrior that sees all mentioned in alot of tao lore / tales.

Ink again. A battle scene described in an ancient chinese fairytale.

and here is the link to my photobucket album if anyone is interested. i just realized i could use that site as a gallery thing too. http://photobucket.com/albums/c124/koncept116/

hope yall like it

some other old stuff not worth starting another thread for:

Chinese Dragons/Gods + (dumped more old stuff in here) Chinese Dragons/Gods + (dumped more old stuff in here)

Chinese Dragons/Gods + (dumped more old stuff in here) Chinese Dragons/Gods + (dumped more old stuff in here)

Last edited by Koncept; March 28th, 2006 at 05:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my fav is the dragon one, although i see some thing akward in the arms (those muscles are too big IMHO)...maybe i would have added some scales, but i guess that would be quite boring....
    for the other two pics, the rendering is good, (although theoverall pic is quite dark, and there could have been some highlights) but there's definately something wrong in the anatomy (the hands look too thin and gnarly)...well, guess you drew them manga-style, soo the faces are alright.
    Hope i wasn't too harsh^^(very interesting subject anyway)

EDIT: by the way, some stuff in the photobucket gallery are really nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In the third pic, the poses are very stiff. Their legs are in more of a Kneeling position than a "In the air watch out I'm gonna slice you" kinda position. Just have your friends jump for you and see what they look like on their way down. There is so much detail you tried to pop out, the pic becomes busy and disorienting. Sometimes, less is more. You need to take into account focal point (It's Goku the monkey god, right?), and give him more detail, and the rest a bit less detail. As well, the rest of the picture has to flow to the point.
    The folds in (Goku's cape especially) are very random, and without purpose. Take a blanket. Tie it around your neck, and run and JUMP and notice what the cape does. It doesn't really fold too much, now does it? It just kinda makes a bubble.
    You should also think about texture. The giant mountain like things are just standing straight up. Try looking for mountain reference to include in this.
    In the background, I can't tell what the buildings are surrounded by. Is it pudding or fog?
    Fog tends to be alot more dispersed, and not in giant pudding globs. It doesn't have wavy lines on it, it's usually pretty flat.
    Try to use more reference, especially when you are doing something you aren't versed with drawing from life yet. (Bodogas or whatever they're called, Mist stuff, And the large rock structures)

You keep your lightsource in mind, which is a good thing, but you include too much detail without thinking of composition. I think using thumbnails to plot out your pieces next time will bring them alot farther. Start a sketchbook here, people will come by and help you with alot of things.

Good luck! Hope my crit was helpful. And not too rude =\

EDIT: Seemed to have overlooked the first pic. It is very nice, no crits here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys,
    thanks for the crits. The drawings themselves are pretty old, almost 3 yrs, and i learned alot since then, mainly anatomy and figure drawing.
    ive started using alot more reference since i started college.

but all the crits here, espeicaly from pixeldragon have been very helpful. the only thing i can do righ tnow tho is try to lighten them a bit. they do seem a bit too dark now that i look at em.

thanks alot for bothering to look at some of my old pics and leaving constructive crit/comments. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    sorry was moving some pics around on photobucket
    should work now

i hate how when u reload something if you dont rename it it loads up the version it remembers. so annoying

also added some other stuff thats not really worth starting another thread for, so ill dump them here

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.