Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Lost (the TV show)

It's not a movie, or a game, or even music, but this seemed like the right place to post this...

I know, I know - it's kind of lame, it's slow, and over-dramatic - but dammit! It's a pretty good show! It has polar bears on a tropical island for goodness sake! And a smoke-monster! And Others...

The show can be pretty frustrating at times, but I still enjoy it and I've been watching from the beginning. Reminds me of the good old days watching Twin Peaks or The X-Files... If I have one complaint, it's the bizarre scheduling of new and old episodes seemingly at random. My favorite character has got to be Locke - love the crazy vibe he gives off and his obsession with the island.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Crazy theories?

I'm also going to pimp the usergroup I created for the show: http://community.conceptart.org/groups/?id=54

Please join us!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Lost is quite interesting, I would say that I don't really enjoy it that much, but for some reason I keep on watching. Maybe it's just 'cause it is near enough the only decent drama type sci fi / thriller or whatever it's supposed to be on TV right now (as well as 24).. In the UK there is pretty much only reality tv, crime drama!!!! (I really really hate that crap! why does every single show have to have a detective in nowadays!!??) and lame soaps..anyway .......

The second season is probably better than the first, there's more going on, but a lot of it just seems too much like 'filler' passed off as character development. some of it isn't that bad, but mostly the flashbacks don't interest me at all. It's definately doing something right, maybe original in some respects. But the worst thing about lost are the characters, there are a few that are pretty interesting (Locke, sawyer, jin) but they are introducing more and more and they are all just getting dragged down.. Twin Peaks had so many characters, and each one of them was quality. I think lost is basically cheap tv, or lazy tv.

It's based around non communication, and every once in a while it all explodes when someone gets annoyed about someone not telling them something which leads to an event with the others, or the monster, that leads to more lack of communication. The writers can get away with rubbish writing. As long as they throw in a good episode here and there.

But right now lost seems to be getting better There has been 3 consistently good episodes, that havent had much non interesting stuff in. Except I have skipped some sections of the flashbacks. The Henry Gale guy is pretty cool and hopefully that will develop more.. I hope the final episodes aren't crap like the first season though...I think it would have been a really great show if they had been more aware of where they were going.. maybe they are, but I think at least 10 or 15 episodes over the 2 seasons so far could have been taken out.. It would have had no effect on the story and we'd already have found out what is going on!
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    In some ways, I agree: the flashbacks for some of the characters haven't been that interesting. Do we really need another scene of Charlie's druggie past? Or see more of Kate running from the law? But I think, on the whole, the characters are about on par with those of Twin Peaks, with maybe the exception of Agent Cooper. I think David Lynch really relied a lot on weird quirks to make his characters interesting when we really never saw anything beyond those surface qualities. Which I think is fine for a show with a zillion characters - I honestly don't want to go into detail with all of them.

It seems, lately, the characters on the island have all been regressing back to how they were pre-crash. So it's like they've been undoing all the progress (lack of progress?) they've made on the island. Hard to judge, though, since in show-time it's only been 3 mos or so, while for the viewer it's two years.

Thanks
    I suppose you are right about the characters in Twin Peaks. Also, it wasn't without its lame episodes, like the crap where james went off on his bike in season 2 (I was wrong about saying all the characters in Twin Peaks were quality too , I can think of quite a few now that were pretty rubbish)..

Maybe the makers of lost made it a bit tough on themselves from the beginning. Without knowing what these characters were like before the crash its difficult to combine introducing them with the trauma of the crash and island. Thinking about it in that way makes me think that the flashbacks were a pretty good idea, especially as it's easy to connect them somehow. The problem with that is when to choose to bring characters in and when to give them flashbacks.

At the moment these are the things that I want to know and haven't really been answered, at least I dont think they have.....

What is the smoke/monster? Where is Walt? Where is Michael? Who are the Others really? Are there different groups of others? Where is desmond? Where is the island? Why are they on the Island? What do the heiroglyphs mean? Why does it rain when something bad is going to happen, not just when the others are around?... How did they crash and survive? What time period are they in? What do the numbers mean? Whats behind the blast door in the hatch? Have the character been 'chosen' for the island and been watched throughout their lives? What is the sickness desmond and the others talk about? Thats about it I think
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Yeah, I feel the same about the mysteries. I wanna know, dammit! It feels like everytime a mystery gets answered, it spawns about 30 more - like what's in the hatch? Of course it couldn't just be simple, could it?

But at the same time, I almost don't want to know... It's the 'Twin Peaks' phenomenon: basically, the real answer can never be as cool as all the ones I've thought up in my head. Besides, it's kind of fun being strung along for a while.

Thanks
    i cant wait til the finale next week! i saw the preview and it looks awesome!

Thanks
    my idea is that there is no others, just people from the dharma coorperation reshearshing on something, or someone. cuz when u saw that episode when claire remembered what ethan did to her in that medical bunker,
    u could c that guy interrupting ethan in the nursing room with all the toys, he looked very familiar to the "leader" of the others, the guy with the beard. and when they shearched the lockers they did find fake beard and theatre glue. hmm....

Thanks
    I've found there is a lot more going on with LOST than just the tv show. Maybe some of you guys have seen this before.

http://sublymonal.com/

But yeah, can't wait for that season finale.
    You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

Thanks
    not quite getting that link- whats the hanso foundation?

Thanks
    i dont understand this either... please explain Silverstone

Thanks
    oooo... i get it now... mysterious but what does he mean by "call the call center in the tv ad section" call what?
    Last edited by Wolfbane; May 22nd, 2006 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks
    This is my favorite show of all time. It's friggin' awesome. I frequent the message boards every day and look for every little clue in each show. By far, the most thought-evoking show I've ever watched. It's not just another cookie cutter show like most shows out there today. The symbolism and hidden easter eggs are awesome! I can't wait for this Wednesday!

Thanks
    whats the password?

Thanks
    If you guys haven't already, you really should check out the Whisper Translations here:

http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

Some people with nice audio equipment got together and figured those jungle whispers out for us. They're pretty damn creepy

I am also excited about the finale, but if Sayid dies, I'll be pissed So that better not happen
    blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

Thanks
    a friend of mine has a theory its charlie

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast