Thread: Inconvenience

Thanks

Unhappy Inconvenience

This really just qualifies as complaining, but I ended up with a dislocated shoulder last night, which stayed that way for eight hours, until i had to relocate it myself this morning. Of course it happened to my primary hand. I can sketch with my other, but everything is too loose for me to get away with it. I have many pages due in my rwb (Odd IB Art book) but i can't draw, at least well, with the hand that i can use.
    I'm thinking of doing something like old matisse, because cutting and pasting shouldn't kill me too much.

But, does anyone have any ideas? My brain is definately too blown from having to relocate the sucker this morning to be able to think of anything properly.
    I can type, vaguely, which may give you an idea of how much mobility that i have. But i am in a sling, which makes it difficult to do anything that requires movement of my arm more than an inch or so.
    Often there is no more than a little plaque to reveal that, against all gynecological probability, someone very famous was born halfway up a wall.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delight
    This really just qualifies as complaining, but I ended up with a dislocated shoulder last night, which stayed that way for eight hours, until i had to relocate it myself this morning...
    ...I'm thinking of doing something like old matisse, because cutting and pasting shouldn't kill me too much.
    But, does anyone have any ideas? My brain is definately too blown from having to relocate the sucker this morning to be able to think of anything properly.
    You should make an appointment to see your doctor and you will probably need to see a physical therapist.
    Mark Hannon
    Art Direction & Design
    Online Portfolio

Thanks
    You'd be surprised at how much you could learn from drawing with your offhand. Obviously you won't be doing any rendering or anything, but in a life drawing class I took at community college my teacher had us draw short drawings with our offhand one day. It started off looking absolutely horrible, but some of them came out quite nice. Of course, I suppose it helps to have a model for this type of drawing. I wouldn't recommend doing still lifes like that

And .. um...OUCH?? Why was your shoulder dislocated for *8 hours*? Don't they have doctors in Ohio? :o Man...that just sounds painful. Has this happened before?
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    collage sounds like a solution, also stencil painting & rubbings, both of which can be done without extra-fine motor skills. you can even tear stuff rather than using scissors if that's difficult. rubbings of cleverly arranged string can give you some linear components, heavily textured stuff for tonal patches. kind of artsy-craftsy but maybe fun, too.
    Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by figure2
    You should make an appointment to see your doctor and you will probably need to see a physical therapist.
    i have one, i'm used to this type of stuff, it's just worse than normal.
    Actually, i have three.
    I have pretty severe joint issues, and weird things that come of it, such as having 270 degrees more motion than the normal human. Just means i screw things up more too jointwise.
    Often there is no more than a little plaque to reveal that, against all gynecological probability, someone very famous was born halfway up a wall.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    You'd be surprised at how much you could learn from drawing with your offhand. Obviously you won't be doing any rendering or anything, but in a life drawing class I took at community college my teacher had us draw short drawings with our offhand one day. It started off looking absolutely horrible, but some of them came out quite nice. Of course, I suppose it helps to have a model for this type of drawing. I wouldn't recommend doing still lifes like that

And .. um...OUCH?? Why was your shoulder dislocated for *8 hours*? Don't they have doctors in Ohio? :o Man...that just sounds painful. Has this happened before?
    I'll explore with that And ee, i rarely do still life work anyways, it's just nto my taste. People, and pretty much only that, are what I enjoy. Playing with personality.

lmao, yeah, they do.
    Um, i hadn't slept in four days... i kinda collapsed, and didn't wake up for a while.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by masque
    collage sounds like a solution, also stencil painting & rubbings, both of which can be done without extra-fine motor skills. you can even tear stuff rather than using scissors if that's difficult. rubbings of cleverly arranged string can give you some linear components, heavily textured stuff for tonal patches. kind of artsy-craftsy but maybe fun, too.
    I like this idea, and my art prof will too, it's his kind of thing.

Thanks
    ummm.... wtf, why hadnt you slept in 4 days?! unless your on the run from rebel militias deep in the congo theres no excuse for that. Hell if the arm thing didnt impair your motor skills that sure as hell would.

oh and
    Quote Originally Posted by Delight
    And ee, i rarely do still life work anyways, it's just nto my taste. People, and pretty much only that, are what I enjoy. Playing with personality.
    come on youve been around this forum to know your jes talking crap now Its so basic and fundamental your gunna have real trouble without it.

Give it a shot with your elft hand, its more then possbile, you just have to think about it more when you draw, it does however make everything you draw alot more thought out.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rook
    ummm.... wtf, why hadnt you slept in 4 days?! unless your on the run from rebel militias deep in the congo theres no excuse for that. Hell if the arm thing didnt impair your motor skills that sure as hell would.

oh and

come on youve been around this forum to know your jes talking crap now Its so basic and fundamental your gunna have real trouble without it.

Give it a shot with your elft hand, its more then possbile, you just have to think about it more when you draw, it does however make everything you draw alot more thought out.
    Oy, it's a matter of too much schoolwork, not enough time. (Which... well.. if i had to face my teachers vs rebel militias, i'd be all for the stabby running jungle thing)

And yeaaah, i know. I like to pretend to myself that I don't do it as much as I'm forced. I'll eventually get a liking for it, i'm sure.

Thanks
    Girl you 17 and doing IB art. I did IB art it sucked fer sure but it sounds sure as hell like you havent been doing yourjournals and your deadlines coming up

Heres a hint. Sleep, for gods sake sleep, even if its minimal it will more then make up for the time you missed while asleep by being effective, then you will if you just stay up. Now as far as the IB goes, your gold as long as your journal links to your work someone, throw in a bunch of art hostory stuff (they wont really look) and your ok. But hey what do i know i failed art class in highschool along with about 8 other people because the examiner didnt aprove of my grade, i made a big fuss and they passed me. Fucked up, but during the same time i got accepted into all the art schools i applied to. Thats IB art for you.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    Girl you 17 and doing IB art. I did IB art it sucked fer sure but it sounds sure as hell like you havent been doing yourjournals and your deadlines coming up

Heres a hint. Sleep, for gods sake sleep, even if its minimal it will more then make up for the time you missed while asleep by being effective, then you will if you just stay up. Now as far as the IB goes, your gold as long as your journal links to your work someone, throw in a bunch of art hostory stuff (they wont really look) and your ok. But hey what do i know i failed art class in highschool along with about 8 other people because the examiner didnt aprove of my grade, i made a big fuss and they passed me. Fucked up, but during the same time i got accepted into all the art schools i applied to. Thats IB art for you.
    i'm happy someone understands.
    Actually, the book problem is that this is the second year our school has had IB art, and the teacher (who is one of the most moody and eccentric men in the known universe) decided to freak out, and switch our deadline for the finishing of the first book to two weeks from now, instead of the end of this year. And because i'm someone who doesn't like to waste space, i'm all of a sudden going to have to change my style, and be less concise, which i'm terrified that the grader will notice.

Hahahaha, that's highly amusing, i wish i were actually trying to get into an art school, (instead i'm going in to anthro, and minoring/double majoring in art to keep me sane) because IB art would really feel worth it, in comparason to the other options that i had. Although i wouldn't ahve enjoyed them, they're much much easier. All SL (but art is HL)

Thanks
    i acctually cut up about 12 sketchbooks and reorganised all the pages, and typed up a whole lot more, infact i did most of my journals in the last week, given i only got a 5 for em, but still my final work (i delivered 30 in a variety of mediums from pencil to digi to oil all stuff, and pretty high quality, got a 3 what can i say
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    i acctually cut up about 12 sketchbooks and reorganised all the pages, and typed up a whole lot more, infact i did most of my journals in the last week, given i only got a 5 for em, but still my final work (i delivered 30 in a variety of mediums from pencil to digi to oil all stuff, and pretty high quality, got a 3 what can i say
    Oooo, i'm impressed. I luckly use enough mediums that they'll be happy, except I have an annoying habit of shunning acrylic, i just have some distaste for it. I prefer oils to anything, which is inconvenient because of the drying time, and getting assignments in. It sucks to bring a painting to school, and have someone brush up against it, and fuck the whole thing over.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.