Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Animals beeing skinned alive, PLEASE sign the petition!

Sorry for posting this here, it really has nothing to do with art, but I'm asking you as human beeing to atleast check the petition page and please sign it, especially if you live in a EU country, but even if you don't please sign it.

Oh and I'm warning you the movie is brutal and if you do watch it you will most likley have a really empty disgusted feeling in your stomach afterwards.

But please even if you don't watch the movie, please atleast sign the petition.

I'm seding this to everyone in my adressbook, european or not cause of the video (the bottom link in this e-mail). It shows various animals at fur farms beeing skinned alive and the petition is to ban the trade of fur between asia and europe and the EU, please please sign this petition. This is not a chainmail, it's not a joke or hoax but just please sign this.

If you know that your sensetive don't watch the movie, just sign the petition. I forced myself to watch this and it's truly the most horrible thing I've ever seen. Animals beeing beaten to the ground jsut enough so they won't fight back when they get their skin and fur forcefully torn off why're they're alive and then just beeing left to bleed to death.

If you think you can handle it then watch the movie, but I'm warning you it's really horrible to see.

//Karin

sign the petition
    http://www.heathermillsmccartney.com/petition.php

Watch the movie, WARNING: IT's BRUTAL!
    http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=fur_farm
    You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body. - C.S Lewis

My sketchbook, updated whenever I get around to it

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I know it looks real, and I'm not saying anything here, but just like Bonsai kittens,

this could easily be a hoax.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixeldragoon
    I know it looks real, and I'm not saying anything here, but just like Bonsai kittens,

this could easily be a hoax.
    watch the video and say that again

Thanks
    what Denart said... also there are moer videos like this on the petition page under downloads, if this is a hoax I'll eat my pencils... (also I doubt peta would post fake videos :/)

But in all honesty I wish this was a hoax, I really wish it was but I really don't think it is.

Thanks
    Bleh.. you always see videos from Peta about cute furry big eye'd adorable animals being hurt. Notice how they zoom in on the animal's eye to emphasize the "sad look" and the huge pupils to bring out emotion in you. Notice how it looks exactly like the stuffed animal you had when you were little? "oh no! I gotta save Mr. Scruffles!".
    I can't remember the last time i saw the same protest over some kind of insect or any other creature which doesn't look like a teddy bear being killed.

But thats just my gripe about peta in general.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    Thoose man obviously feel no remorse for the animals didn't even take the time to kill the animals before ripping off their skins.There are some many heartless people these days.

Thanks
    At least they could have let the animals out of their misery

Ned Guest
    As much as I'd have loved to join the RSPCA and set up an orphanage for kittens I'm an artist and I've got paintings to work on. Besides in reality, what are a few signatures going to do? they're not going to stop these bad men It's naive to think so
    I'm not being heartless I'm just saying what's on everyone's mind.

EDIT: But I'll sign the petition after having seen the vid..
    Last edited by Ned; March 23rd, 2006 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks
    Signed. I don't care if it's a haox, I've seen videos like this before and they weren't haoxes. Cruelty can go far, can't it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    It strikes me as odd that the skinners didnt take the time to give the animals a good smack in the head with a heavy blunt object, it would save a lot of time to do it right, THEN try to skin the animal. Its not really practical lor effective(i'm not even gonna MENTION ethical or "humane") to try skinning an animal while it struggles and wriggles around.

All those half-assed attempts to calm the animal down by smacking it with the knife blades or standing on its neck/head just doesnt make sense to me. One hard blow first with a heavy blunt object, and they would save the animal and themselves unnessesary pain and work.

Thanks
    Slash
    Peta etc often uses footage that is either very old or is very unntypical of the way things are commonly done.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned
    As much as I'd have loved to join the RSPCA and set up an orphanage for kittens I'm an artist and I've got paintings to work on. Besides in reality, what are a few signatures going to do? they're not going to stop these bad men It's naive to think so
    I'm not being heartless I'm just saying what's on everyone's mind.

EDIT: But I'll sign the petition after having seen the vid..
    Well sitting on your rear end not even trying anything most defently dosn't change anything right?

And thanks for signing.. even if it may not change anything in the end you have atleast made your voice heard right? (besides it only takes a minute to sign.)

and Lord Blue atleast I would react the same way if it was a lizard or a bird or a bug or a fish or whatever, but I agree if it isin't cute and cuddly it dosn't get any real attention.

Thanks
    Very true, Slash, it's been used for ages already, but the stupid thing is that they even (still) skin cows this way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blue
    Bleh.. you always see videos from Peta about cute furry big eye'd adorable animals being hurt.

Well, there was this one chick from peta doing some tv report in the northern part of norway, where she visited a fisherman society and even went on fishing trips with them. I couldnt help but laugh as she stood there crying as the fisherman gutted his catch..

But i guess its all about being desensitized. I've grown up next to the sea, and i learned how to fish and gut a fish at a very early age, so it doesnt invoke any negative feelings in me. I dont think the fur farmers we see in those videos are necessarily EVIL, they probably learned this trade when they were kids, and doesnt see anything wrong with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blue
    Bleh.. you always see videos from Peta about cute furry big eye'd adorable animals being hurt. Notice how they zoom in on the animal's eye to emphasize the "sad look" and the huge pupils to bring out emotion in you. Notice how it looks exactly like the stuffed animal you had when you were little? "oh no! I gotta save Mr. Scruffles!".
    I can't remember the last time i saw the same protest over some kind of insect or any other creature which doesn't look like a teddy bear being killed.

But thats just my gripe about peta in general.

Lord Blue, fuck you. You just made it to the top of my ban list. Congrats! Idiot.

M

Thanks
    hmm is like they cry if they club cute baby seals but dont care if anyone kills a snake or two. no thanks.

i like animals too, but i like all animals. not just the cute ones.
    and i eat animals too so i kinda know what they have to do to them so i can eat the meat.

now if it was a documentary about killing snakes or stepping on insects it whould be intresting.

dont hate me hehe, as i said i like animals too. and humans is the prime predator on the planet. we just do what we allways have done.

its a kind of dubble morale when we care just about the cute animals.

its like my favorite animal is the crow, they cant sing but they are still birds, and when they sing they bring fear or sorrow to a mans hart. but they are still birds.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash
    It strikes me as odd that the skinners didnt take the time to give the animals a good smack in the head with a heavy blunt object
    they dont want to get blood on the fur.
    seriously.

this is pretty horrible,
    but no less hideous than what every meat-packing plant in US does.
    yes, the people are heartless.
    but the fact is, if you rip the fur off of animals for a living, you kind of need to be.
    its sort of a prerequisit.

forget the petition,
    stop buying fur.
    stop buying mcdonalds.

the people dont do it for fun,
    they do it for money, YOUR money.

this is not to say eating meat or wearing fur is wrong,
    im just talking about moderation.
    i grew up in a household where we skinned our own rabbits.
    its a lot different when YOU kill what YOU eat.
    you become a little more appreciative of its worth.
    Last edited by DSillustration; March 24th, 2006 at 04:31 PM.
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DSillustration
    they dont want to get blood on the fur.
    seriously.

this is pretty horrible,
    but no less hideous than what every meat-packing plant in US does.
    yes, the people are heartless.
    but the fact is, if you rip the fur off of animals for a living, you kind of need to be.
    its sort of a prerequisit.

forget the petition,
    stop buying fur.
    stop buying mcdonalds.

the people dont do it for fun,
    they do it for money, YOUR money.

(this is not to say eating meat or wearing fur is wrong, im just talking about moderation)

yes i dont think they are really torturing the animals, atleast not in their eyes.
    its just a job for them.

good point DS.

Thanks
    jUST SAYING i wouldn't want someone to skin me alive then leave me in agony to die without a second thought about what they are actually doing.Don't care if it is about money or not as humans i think we should know better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvagedumpage
    jUST SAYING i wouldn't want someone to skin me alive then leave me in agony to die without a second thought about what they are actually doing.Don't care if it is about money or not as humans i think we should know better.

I dont think ANYONE would want that, unless they got some serious masochism thing going on. As humans we SHOULD probably know better. We should also know better than to murder each other, steal, rape, discriminate, hate, deplete our resources and pollute the planet.

But we dont. The world isnt black and white enough for everyone to just "know better". Ask yourself, would YOU skin an animal alive if your life and the life of your family depended on it? Would YOU sell drugs to kids if it meant keeping yourself and your family fed, clothed and alive? (i know these are extreme examples, but i just wanted to make a point.)

//edit: To follow up on DDS' point earlier, would you eat at macdonalds to keep yourself alive? I know it sounds kind of silly, but really, if you buy their food you also accept the fact that the company does horrible things to animals and the environment. Its all about the tresholds of acceptance. Some go high, some go low, but they are all part of the same "should know better" question.

i hope my tired rambling makes sense.
    Last edited by Slash; March 23rd, 2006 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Djurdjevic
    Lord Blue, fuck you. You just made it to the top of my ban list. Congrats! Idiot.

M
    You use foul language attacking me (because of my opinion, which in no way shape or form harms anyone), and yet you believe I am the idiot? Well done.
    Last edited by Blue; March 23rd, 2006 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks
    hmm...I take it none of you have ever seen the Bullshit episode where Penn & Teller debunk PETA...

each always has two sides of a coin to be looked at.
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    I dont think ANYONE would want that, unless they got some serious masochism thing going on. As humans we SHOULD probably know better. We should also know better than to murder each other, steal, rape, discriminate, hate, deplete our resources and pollute the planet.

But we dont. The world isnt black and white enough for everyone to just "know better". Ask yourself, would YOU skin an animal alive if your life and the life of your family depended on it? Would YOU sell drugs to kids if it meant keeping yourself and your family fed, clothed and alive? (i know these are extreme examples, but i just wanted to make a point.)

//edit: To follow up on DDS' point earlier, would you eat at macdonalds to keep yourself alive? I know it sounds kind of silly, but really, if you buy their food you also accept the fact that the company does horrible things to animals and the environment. Its all about the tresholds of acceptance. Some go high, some go low, but they are all part of the same "should know better" question.

i hope my tired rambling makes sense.
    Couldn't they atleast kill the animals after they've skinned them then? or beat them unconsious enough so they don't feel it? do they really have to jsut leave them to die a slow painfull death? (there aren't really that many main blood vessels right under the skin so dying like that actually takes some time..)

And yes you ramble makes sense and I can honestly answer "no" on a few of them, I wouldn't destroy someone elses life to keep myself alive. I refuse to eat meat from certain places due to how they treat the animals (if they are going to die they atleast deserve to do so with a minimal amount of pain). I refuse to wear fur (and fake fur).

But yes I'm not a vegeterian but I atleast try to think.. and when it comes to fur thats just a fashion trend, we stopped needing fur the day we where able to produce cloth. Atleast we eat cows, theese animals are dying a horrible painfull death just so we can look good...

(And for the record I have no idea how PETA works seeing they're not active in swedish as far as I know..)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar
    Couldn't they atleast kill the animals after they've skinned them then? or beat them unconsious enough so they don't feel it? do they really have to jsut leave them to die a slow painfull death? (there aren't really that many main blood vessels right under the skin so dying like that actually takes some time..)

And yes you ramble makes sense and I can honestly answer "no" on a few of them, I wouldn't destroy someone elses life to keep myself alive. I refuse to eat meat from certain places due to how they treat the animals (if they are going to die they atleast deserve to do so with a minimal amount of pain). I refuse to wear fur (and fake fur).

But yes I'm not a vegeterian but I atleast try to think.. and when it comes to fur thats just a fashion trend, we stopped needing fur the day we where able to produce cloth. Atleast we eat cows, theese animals are dying a horrible painfull death just so we can look good...

(And for the record I have no idea how PETA works seeing they're not active in swedish as far as I know..)
    Being skinned alive, now THAT would blow.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    I would sign, but I refuse to partake in anything peta does.

An informative video about peta that pretty much sums up my feelings.

Also, I'm not sure how it is in other countries, but digital petitions have absolutely no legal credibility in America. I've taken my part live and in person by adopting 2 great dogs from rescue homes, so it's not as if I'm on my ass doing nothing either.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    I Ask yourself, would YOU skin an animal alive if your life and the life of your family depended on it?
    I believe i posted the same thing the last time a PETA thread popped up.. But I have hunted, killed, skinned, gutted and have eaten wild game for survival. I was backpacking in california a few years back and ran out of food a few days hike away from civilization. The act of taking the animal's life and then going through the mentally brutal (because i didnt grow up needed to do this) process of turning this animal into food was eye opening for me.

I find this video to be less tragic and more simply disrespectful to the animal. Animals of all kinds, cute or not, are hunted and eaten by other animals, and there is no tragedy in death. Many animals eat other animals alive causing a rather painful death, but this is only considered "natural" because we didnt do it.

Do yourself a favor, don't imagine yourself in this animal's place. For you to feel what the animal does, you would have to have a brain the size of a ping pong ball, and for him to realise his death in any way shape or form as you could, you would have to multiply the size of his brain a few dozen times. Hense he CAN'T suffer the same way you would in his stead, so stop imagining he is.

And on peta..

Regardles of marko's opinion of me, i refuse to stand by any organisation which discriminately persues animal rights. This is like having an organsiation called "people for the ethical treatment of humans" but they only work towards the better treatment of white people and not any others.

Thanks
    excuse me Lord Blue and anyone else who think this subject is stupid, but what you don't seem to understand is the reason behind this cruelty. It's not for food or anything like that. It's for fucking fashion and luxury. As for Peta it is all true. I'm not rying to convince anyone, only that I've worked on some researches for them and unfortunately all of it is real. Just take some time to research more about them, you will see that they care for all animals.

Thanks

Cow

Lol.

Thanks
    magic...thats the video i am talking about...MIND READER!!!
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Lord Blue, I'm not a fan of peta but it's not fair to say of them that they only try to protect cute animals. Here's an article conerned with use and mistreatment of domestic bees. I guess bees are cuter than most insects, but I wouldn't say they fall under the definition of conventional cuteness.

Animals used in the fur industry pretty much have to be good-looking. Why else would anybody want to wear their skin?
    Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast