CoW Entry - Mounted Predator

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yeah, kinda late to post this here..

It was my entry for the first 'Cohesion' project for the CoW.
    This is my second 'completely' colored piece with photoshop. So, I'd like some critics on it.
    I doubt I'll work on it again though.

I know the background is way too rushed. The 'trees' doesn't even work together...

Anyway, here it is.
    And thanks for any comments.

Tyra-Golerius

After years of research and experimentation, the 'TG' has been one of the major 'heavy-duty' mount type. With its strenght and constitution, it can travel long distance without pausing with a very high load.
    The overall design is based on discretion. Every pieces of technologies have been hidden to minimise the chance of being destroyed or domaged. Large bio-metal scales cover its body, giving protection from light to medium common guns.

With the base body of a Tyrannosaurus rex, its head had been mixed with the one of a Triceratops, it can charge on foes or large vehicles and disable them without much troubles. Its large horns are made out of sharp crystal, piercing most every know materials.

Monkey arms have been integrated instead of its common, little arms. Its large hands allow it to manipulate objects. If correctly trained, the TG can use weapons such as archaics ones as well as guns.

The TGs tail has been lengtened for a maximum of balance. The tips of its tail has been equiped with the mace of an ankylosaurus. The mace is made of a strong and very heavy materials, known as the trinitaranium.
    A single hit with its mace as been reported to break through a 25cm iron wall.

A chameleon tongue as been integrated. Being enhanced, its saliva can be compared with a very strong glue. The tongue can extend to a maximum lenght of 10meters.

Its bones are made of unbreakable light bio-metal. Its arms and legs are enhanced with electro-hydrolic systems. Allowing it to run very fast, it diminish its effort to run very long distance without problems. Its max speed is 100km/h.

Multi-fonctional cybernetics eyes remplace its normal eyes. It allow the TG to zoom up to 50 times both in daylight and darkness. It can scan its sight to detect lifeform in many ways: Movements, heat and x-ray.

Its powerful jaws has been enhanced with a strong piston, allow it to bite throught everything. A second heart placed in its head action the dual pistons, giving formidable strenght. Its teethes are made of rasorsharp crystal.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62478

Last edited by Althael; March 23rd, 2006 at 05:56 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like the desighn, and big tounges are always cool. some proprtion problems with the legs. one has huge claws, while the other has tiny points. the blue in the tounge is a little distracting, as is the spit.

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain,
    for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
    Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-a-vis an introduction,
    and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess I'm not really understanding what all the "Electro-Hydraulic System" stuff is for. This creature was born (or created) with bones and skin but no muscles? If he doesn't have muscles, why does he have bulges and bumps where muscles would be? I think your concept is not well thought out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wakizashi-By distracting, do you mean that it doesn't fit with the rest?
    Reptiles sometimes have some special colors on them.

Inspector Lee-
    The hydrolic system is to enhance the capacity of the creature. I guess that when it reach maturity, the pistons are implanted into its body.
    It make no sence that it would not have muscles at all...

I edited the first post.. might had been wiser to add the description.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what I mean is its a little to bright and "solid" for the picture. the rest of the picture (with the exeption of the grass) uses rather dark mixes of color(a brownish red, a greenish blue ect) as a result my attention is immediatley brought to this big, bright blue tounge. I would consider, at least, adding some darker values to the tounge.

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain,
    for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
    Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-a-vis an introduction,
    and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahh.. yeah, make sense.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.