My PhotoShop Creations (Huge download!!!)
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My PhotoShop Creations (Huge download!!!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My PhotoShop Creations (Huge download!!!)

Wow its been a long time since i've been back on CA. I've been busy with family issues and school, but my best friend and I started making a website so here are some finished designs. I started painting quick sketches in painter essentials 2.0 and then took them to ps elements 3 to do some heavy manipulation. Our website is called Chain Reaction and is dedicated to act, concepts, and just random crap about us. Please feel free to comment on these images. I've been using photoshop for about a year now.8)

Whew, that was a hell of a lot of work. Hope you guys enjoy.

-darkgenius

My SB - The Second Coming

SKETCHBOOK of a darkgenius (Crappy Old Sketchbook)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well Ive seen alot of this variety of work before, mostly in varying wallpaper galleries. Alot of it is interesting to look at it but you have some serious issues with typography. The font you chose, the spacing, kerning, etc. is really hurting the overall feel of some of them. Theres an art to typography also, its not just throwing down a phrase and warping it into a curve. However I will say that I enjoy alot of the fractal images. Also I think the first one has some interesting elements and the simplicity of the white version of the double helix is something you should look into more. It has the very slightest remnants of some overlayed texture but its all it needs. Sometimes less is more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the first one. in most of the other pieces i dislike your rather obvious use of filters / lights and especially fonts. the dna and pill-things would have been way better without the lettering. it looks kinda cheap in comparison.
    i'm not sure about the topic, but i don't see how these are actual "concepts" other than in an artsy way, maybe.

however, as stated, some are quite interesting to look at, good wallpaper stuff.

Last edited by Hanuka; March 22nd, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of the visuals are very cool... I'm diggin' 1, 6, 7, 9, and the atom-y "chain reaction" one... but I agree with the previous posts, your typography and text effects are taking away from rather than enhancing the images. As Nexus suggested, look into what makes the white helix pic work so well. Personally, I'd like to see you incorporate more texture into some of them.

Image-wise the two "chain reaction" pics right after the cool fractal (a gray and a blue version with lots of emboss and bevel) I think are by far the weakest.

Honestly, after a year's worth of Photoshop and (I assume) no classical training in design or typography... your development seems right about where I'd expect it to be... about where I was after a year's worth of Photoshop.

A few general suggestions...
    With text effects less is more - stay away from bevel and emboss. Seriously, that's one of my biggest "noob" designer alerts. If you must duplicate text behind text (again the atom chain reaction pic) do it less obviously.
    You've had enough fun with the swirl, wave, and chrome filters... I think you can start pushing them more. A lot of these are very good visuals and good beginnings, so keep at it!

"Change is a virtue my friend... if you want to escape, all you have to do is make up your mind."
    John Cale / Bob Neuwirth

Here be SKETCHIES...

www.ccthrom.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, thanks a lot for the posts. My goal in designing these was indeed for wallpapers or backgrounds for our website. I really haven't dealt a lot with the text before, just making images. I will definitely work on the things you guys pointed out and take your comments to heart. Also, I do have all the same pics without text if they would look better. I appreciate your tips. Later guys.

-darkgenius

My SB - The Second Coming

SKETCHBOOK of a darkgenius (Crappy Old Sketchbook)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They way I see it, don't mean to offend you, you are in the stadia where you just found out the filters. From my own experience I can tell you that a lot of photoshop users dislike art work just because of it's a filter image. So I would recommend you not using filters. Also go to www.dafont.com and download some nice looking fonts.
    If you really want to make some nice looking wallpapers get your hands on a 3d programm like 3dsm and make some nice looking renders. Also learn to know your tools. You can do very cool things with tools like brushes, doge, burn tool.
    Good luck! I hope I didn't offend you.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.