Death Dealer

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Death Dealer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Death Dealer

Well,
    This the most finished drawing I ever did.I am paying a tribute to the great frank frazetta by doing this humble piece of mine.I have only been learning to shade for a week or so,earlier I used to ink my stuff so no shading there.
    Death Dealer
    Any crits are welcome.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not bad. if your looking to work on shading, my only advise is to study from life. buy a lamp and some simple shapes or a wooden man, and start making different lighting situations to better understand how shadows work. in this picture, I think heavier blacks and more contrast could help(esspecialy around the face and cloth) to add to the mystique of the character. your defenatley on the right track.

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain,
    for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
    Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-a-vis an introduction,
    and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Cool! I suggest you try your talent with Pen and Ink, draw up concepts in pencil, do the good work in ink. Start off with a 4H or 5H pencil for the rough version, do good copy in ink, shading can usually be done with a brushpen, and a little bit of hatching, cross-hatching, or whatever your preferred style. For tons of this type of art check out palladiumbooks.com, you can even submit your finished products for consideration in their Rifter magazine. It's dedicated to showing off new talent (you get paid if published of course, so you really have nothing to lose, usually they write back and tell you if they don't want it so you can submit it someone later, this requires patience of course,). I'm new to this website also, so you won't find any drawings up, yet. I also suggest purchasing booktitles or borrowing one from a library about the concepts of Eisner and others, I will inform you just about all you need to know. Dedicate as much time as possible to your new craft, inside of trying to find out what's on T.V. And seeing as your a fan of Franzetta, maybe Boris also, I suggest hunting done the animated movie title Fire and Ice It was done in the 80's, very cool.

Last edited by kevinslkt; March 24th, 2006 at 03:52 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.