Looking for feedback please
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Looking for feedback please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looking for feedback please

Hello Everyone at conceptart,

I have been working on completing some paintings to fill out my portfolio. This painting is a WIP and I would appreciate really any feedback/critiques to help improve it.

Thanks,

Angelo

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Angelo,

I think the composition is a little heavy on the left side. It seems like you used a lot of black which in my opinion needs some variety. My suggestion would be to continue the rim lighting on the monsters claw and maybe lighten entrance to the trail the people are running into. Save your darkest dark for the closest and most important parts. The shadow seems really sketchy right now almost like he is standing in oil. I like where you are going with this image I can't wait to see it finished.

Nate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the guy about to die or faint. The direction of his two feet seems to suggest that. If so, the rest of the party seemed heartless just ignore him and try to escape into forest/cave.

Judging from their small size, the party in the background should be some distance away, so their outlines seem too crisp for distant objects.

The monster claw can be further refined to show whether the monster is furry or lizard-like. Right now it looks furry but not convincing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thank you Nate

Thank you so much for your fast suggestions Mr. Nate....I see your point on lighten the entrance to trail where thouse woman are running to, and I will fix that for sure. About your oil comment hahahah! true true ... now that you point it up it look like a oil stain...but is just the WIP burning ground . About the letf side been too dark I tryed to make graphic stend up the solder with armer, but I will try to work on that too. There is so many good artist in this website that I feel blessed to have you guys comments.
    Angelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Nafa,
    Thank you for your imput too....Yes the guy is fainting afther he got burned ...he tried to impress thouse woman bringing an egg to them...did you suggest to add a woman look the guy get bit up from the monster?

About adding the outlines...it totaly make sence, an I will try to look what I can do for increase the furry to the monster claw for make it more convincing, I just try to made it a bit bloory since is in moviment.
    Thank you again Nafa
    Angelo

Last edited by angelo_libutti; March 22nd, 2006 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The woman in the yellow dress witht he dark hair looks like she's sowing...Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hm.. I dont know but the foot and the knight looks
    pasted in..
    and doesnt seem to be connected to the picture imo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First thing that stood out to me was that the highlight on the knight is too strong. Judging by his position under the claw, I'm pretty sure the highlight should at least be weaker than the characters at the distance.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.