Anyone in for some critique as well as their own take on my character concept..

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey guys,

great site, I love the many masters that come here displaying their work. I am vastly inferior. This is a sketch of a corrupted forest spirit I made quite some time ago. I was wondering what anyone would say about it, so here it is.

Also, the second reason for posting - would anyone be interested in rendering this one in detail, colour. I am not good enough to flesh out this concept, but would love to see what someone with skills could do with it. Or should I post it in another category for that?

To everyone: rock on!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The only way to improve is to walk away from a critique with the concepts you agree with. Then, work on those problem areas yourself.

It looks like a walnut with hands, feet, and a head stuck on like a Mr. PotatoHead... only a bit deformed. I'd suggest using a nut as a reference. The hands & feet aren't consistent. You need to make the one in the foreground as defined as the one in the background. Give them a bit of arm and leg or the creature won't be able to use those hands and feet much. The head seems to have lost it's neck. If the head doesn't have a neck, you should make it clear with some kind of texture to suggest where it connects. Just spend some more time on it and you may want to give it a background or another object to suggest size. If it is the size of a walnut, I can't tell.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.