ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> IDotW - Genetic Soldier Transport (VOTING!!!)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Genetic Solider Transport

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • rob-ot

11 23.91%
  • Legato

5 10.87%
  • machzero

7 15.22%
  • bRØk3n_sPiRiT

1 2.17%
  • Hookswords

0 0%
  • artiphats

0 0%
  • setmonkey

2 4.35%
  • imp_pixel

13 28.26%
  • Chuck,mate.

7 15.22%
  • Kei-th

0 0%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> IDotW - Genetic Soldier Transport (VOTING!!!)

ConceptartCohesion #002: 8th Day

Storyline:

The year 2446 CE.

Mankind and its technology have advanced at an exponential rate, however trivial political, religious and social demands have caused the splintering of former superpowers into smaller nation states, pitting themselves against each in a number of minor conflicts.

Since 2395 a minimum of 27 conflicts, hostile incursions and border disputes have been raging in various confined areas across the planets surface, sparking a new global economy.
    Covenants of major corporations have banded together in various factions and are now the true international players, feeding the ever increasing demand of new weapons technology.
    The change in style of warfare has rendered weapons of mass destruction virtually useless increasing an appetite for more unconventional weapon systems, specifically the VidaNova Corporations newest developments in the field of creating new species of animals bred for specific purposes.

The idea behind this new move is too harness the animals natural intelligence, sensory abilities, and ability to traverse difficult terrain. They are currently working on models for civilian implementation, ranging from beasts of burden for remote areas to leisure models as pets. However there have been worrying reports of certain products escaping from captivity, and having unexpected effects on the flora and fauna they interact with, conspiracy theorists place blame on a huge range of subjects, ranging from the Cytarabinoside used in manipulating metabolic pathways in the animals, to mother earth resting control back from humanity to satan himself.
    Some minor political and religious groups are already rallying, trying to bring this series of unnerving events to the public eye, wild rumors and conspiracy theories are already calling this the 8th day of creation.

Topic:
    Genetic Soldier Transport

Description:
    Genetic Soldier Transport - The Genetic Soldiers built by the Mother Machine are transported by AI-Controlled transports. The Transport carrys up to 24 soldiers and speeds up to 60mph. The transport has no proper defenses. The Ai has been programed to say as close to the ground to avoid being seen by enemies.

The Transports are built in mass, and the blueprints are often improved overtime by FATHER Machine.

Deadline:
    Wednesday, 15th March 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Linked weekly activities:

CoW - Creature Of The Week
    Giant Suicide Digger
    LINK: COW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

EOW - Environment Of The Week
    Mystical Cavern Temple ProNatura
    LINK: EOW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

ChOW - Character Of The Week
    "The Head" - Chief of VidaNova
    LINK: ChOW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

Link to the campaigns main thread:
    main thread for Conceptart Cohesion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

rob-ot

Legato

machzero

bRØk3n_sPiRiT

Hookswords

artiphats

setmonkey

imp_pixel

Chuck,mate.

Kei-th

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by davi
    Legato

my picture on my isp's server isn't showing up for me, so here is a photobucket mirror

^mirrored incase this is a wide-spread viewing problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Imp_Pixel got my vote, mainly becouse it looks to be the most agile design and looks kinda similar to what I thought when I read the description.

My Sketchbook
    "Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind, the race is long, and in the end, it’s only against yourself."
    Photoshop color picker | Adjusting tablet sensitivity: Manually or Utility

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rob-ot: awesome render, you get it!
    Legato: you were my runner-up! Great functionality!
    Chuck-mate: great entry, man! Love the shapes and aggressive look!
    Nods go to machzero, artiphats setmonkey and imp-pixel, everyone!

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Imp-Pixel, the design is very unique and creative. I could see this thing existing in some futuristic or alien universe, transporting the creatures in those "eggs". It's kinda creepy, actually. I dig it.

Awesome entries this round guys, a lot of cool concepts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote goes to Rob-ot. I realy like his design because of the litlle betails! Also the colors are just good.
    There were many other great entries!

@Davi
    Atleast I gave it a shot! This is my first time drawing an other thing then standard shapes in perspective. I am not entering this competition I just want to know what you guys think of it. Please give me all the critique you can think of.
    That is a qoute from my post in the IDoW topic.. I wasn´t entering just wanted some critique! It´s also far from finished.. But it doesn´t matter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    imp pixel gets my vote - looks like it'd slither at a fair old pace!!!

wish i'd followed up and done a finished piece (sometimes life gets in the way)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    huge thanks for the kind words on concept...

This was a tough decision - there are so many great concepts!

Chuck,mate, machzero, artiphats, imp_pixel - fanatasitic design and renderings!!

setmonkey - wish you time to finish it up, you had a great start!

legato gets my vote this time! - I love the rendering, plus I also thought he did a great job of visually representing that was AI controlled.... all of the other entries including my own sort of look like they are traditionally piloted ships, just without a pilot...hope that makes sense!

everybody else - seriously nice job, I hope to see your entries for the next round....drop shipped tanks...fun, fun!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-ot
    legato gets my vote this time! - I love the rendering, plus I also thought he did a great job of visually representing that was AI controlled.... all of the other entries including my own sort of look like they are traditionally piloted ships, just without a pilot...hope that makes sense!

thanks allot for the kind words! i think yours was far and away the best render, the only thing i think it was lacking is clarity on how it is a dropship... but your style is something that i hope i can emmulate to at least some degree!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, great job everyone!

Lingmerth, Artiphats, Setmonkey: Thanks for the kind words and the votes! This is my first Industrial design, so it's reassuring others liked it. The idea of a ship slithering over terrain seemed cool and, given the organic trend of VidaNova, a bit more fitting in my mind. Initially I had coffin-like boxes for the troops on the sides, but then after going with the egg idea, I thought it would be cool if they could detach and fly around also. If I had more time I think I would have made it more segmented (like a train), then also highlight the VTOL wings a bit more...as well as accentuate the AI control. Regardless, I learned a lot from everyone's designs. I wish I had the discipline for the lovely perspective work of rob-ot, legato, machzero, br0k3n_spirit, and artiphats displayed...unfortunately I forget my ruler at home and was freehanding it in the coffee shop.

rob-ot: I really loved your rending and design. The crisp lines and details are fantastic.

legato: Love your transport too, for some reason it gives me a little bit of a Shirow feel?

machzero: great rendering and design...the kind of coloring skills I wish I had really make your ship standout.

Chuck,mate: that's one menancing looking transport...and I like it. It would be cool to see it from a slightly different angle though. Great paint job also!

br0k3n_spirit: Yours gives me the feel of a floating base, where the ramps open up and the soldiers pour out--cool! Only thing I could say is I want to know more about how it flies.

hookswords: that's an interesting concept, perhaps clarifying the mode of troop delivery and whether it could also fly horizontally...yeah, I could see it swooping in like a boomerang to make up for weak defenses then spewing soldiers everywhere.

artiphats: A very cool transport...seems a bit more piloted than AI though (mine is guilty of the same).

setmonkey: also very cool, I'd like to see more of how the ground transport and the air carrier are tied together.

kei-th: I like the large hatch in back for soldier to pour out...the large window in front makes me worry a bit though, seems like a very nice target. I'd also like to get more of a sense of how it flies with something more going on the pontoon like sideparts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh.. for me it was between rob-ot and chuck mate. in the end i went for Rob-ot's because it looked more plauseable. but everyone did a good job representing the topic. IDotW is seriously my favorite activity to watch here at CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by imp_pixel
    legato: Love your transport too, for some reason it gives me a little bit of a Shirow feel?
    im not a name person, so it may sound sacrilegious, but i had to look up the name to see who you were talking about! usually i kinda get annoyed by people saying it looks like this or it looks like that, because i can count on both of my hands the amount of time i've gone out to make something look like something else, however taking into account who shirow is... i am honored!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey people, i have a guest at the moment who will stay for 1-2 days and some stuff to do within a deadline at work...

And i don't want to post just a normal thread for the campaign sum-up...so i ask for patience, things will be up when i have some time again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the votes everyone! This was a great round, and got me very excited to keep working on my skills so I can produce better images

Legato - by the bye, I hate comparisons and try to avoid, sorry if what I said annoyed you. Was trying to emphasize the "feel" since your organic curves and idea made me the feel the same way Shirow's work does, not that it looks the same or is in any way derivitive. Basically was saying it make think "cool"

Members who have read this thread: 1