Change Brush Angle with Mouse Wheel?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Unhappy Change Brush Angle with Mouse Wheel?

I read somewhere that you could change the angle of your brush by simply turning the mouse wheel. This sounds like it'd really help my digital painting, but I have no idea how to set the brush angle to the mouse wheel. I've spent about 45 minutes trying to figure it out, and I'm still totally lost. The help file's running me around in circles, and Google just wants to sell me stuff. Can anyone help me out with this?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    that pretty lil group of islands at SE Asia
    Thanks
    eh? sorry for not giving a decent answer but the only thing i know is *shrugs* the only thing that the mouse wheel functions on the PS window is to scroll up n down, regardless of any action/command you are doing. mayve they do it by config, i dunno.

Thanks
    I don't think that's possible, the list of brush angle controls are fade, pen pressure, pen tilt, stylus wheel, rotation, initial direction and direction. I'm pretty sure if it was possible, it'd be on that list (found under 'shape dynamics' in the brush settings box). To use the STYLUS wheel (maybe what you're mixed up with?) you need a fancypants tablet pen with a wheel on it, like the intuos' airbrush.

Thanks
    Oh man, I thought stylus wheel and mouse wheel were the same thing. Crap. Well, you guys know how to change brush angle on command? Like, instead of using the annoying 'angle jitter' option in the brush settings window, which just makes my paints look messy, is there some command to change brush angle on the fly? Or am I just using angle jitter wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    yeah i've wondered the same thing, if anyone could find this out, that would be great.

Thanks
    In shape dynamics there is a circle with an arrow through it, grab the tip of the arrow and move it to change the angle of the brush...

Thanks

Directional angle control is probably useful to you - the angle of the brush is determined from the direction of brush movement.

Thanks
    Snarfevs, is there a way to set that for all of the brushes? Every time I change the brush tip the angle setting goes back to "Off." Is there some setting I'm missing or is Photoshop just messing with me?

Procrastinator At Work - Eventually!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

"The problem is, the world these kids create for themselves is at first a very crude one. If you leave a bunch of eleven-year-olds to their own devices, what you get is Lord of the Flies."
    -Paul Graham

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    no..u have to save the brush, go to that little arrow on the top right and click new brush, give it a name and it will be added as a new brush. Then you go to preset manager and select the ones you like and save it as a set!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.