Art: Character: WaterElemental
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Character: WaterElemental

Hello guys,

After getting some comment on my heads and the rising suggestion of making bodyís I decided to actually make a body. Well, if I thought that drawing a head is difficult, just try making a body. I chose for a waterelemntal. This way, I didnít have to make hands or feet

I must say that I ripped the design from the blizzard departement and I know thatís not very creative but to me it was also a practise on body and on shading. The head of the elemental is on purpose this small. The abodimanls truly suck in my opnion, have to do some serious studying on that departement. In my opinion, I think the whole buddy sucks, but I hope that experience and time will solve this problem.

I truly hope you guys wil give me some comment on how to serious improve. I think I could use that kind of critisism very well because this body looks like shit to me .

Greetz Max4d

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?pat...rElemental.jpg

" If one sets its mind to it, one achieves much"

Max4d
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First off, I think you did a great job on the shading, would be nice to see more of that.

My critique is that there is no need to try and define the muscles so much. After all, it is made of water. Wavy lines should do the trick.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm a little too much inspired by hogarth, hu?

bonus vir semper tiro.

Steffen 'Neox' Unger
    freelance 3d artist

www.airborn-game.com
    www.polyphobia.de

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Study from life. When I look at it, it all registers too flat to my eye. It felt like you were shading individual strands and not thinking about how everything would tie together. As a result, it reads really flat. Like I said, best advice, life drawing life drawing, life drawing, it will teach you a phenomenal amount about how to give good form to your work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Het

Thx for the comment, but i don't understand this Hogarth thing. Many people say that. Please show me a picture of Hogarth and then tell me why i should be inspired by him, i have never even heard of him

Greetz Max4d

Max4d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Colored WaterElemental

Hey guys

Here is my first coloring try ever, I thought it would be a good practise for me to make a colored version of my waterelemental. WellÖ it proved to be a good practise and I learned much from it, especially how much I suck in the way of coloring a character . I used Caran Díache color pencils, but man, they are very hard to handle. I need to learn very much in that direction. Also I redrew the abdominals and other stuff. I think I will improve this image tonight, better color harmony and stuff.

Therefore I would like some commend from you guys on how to improve my characters and posing, shading and other stuff. I also did some tests as you can see and I found out that the green-yellow color sceme( on the right side of the pic) would be great, but I was to late to apply ity on the posing elemental.

Further, these images were made with digital camera, but they all got blurred and I had to sharpen them with photoshop. The quality is not the same as the drawing in real life.

Hope to get some comment

Greetz Max4d

Max4d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a link to some of the master's Tarzan art- check out his heroically overdefined musculature- he even drew elephants like this! Hogarth's characters are chiseled to the max (and not always muscularly acurate).. That's what the others are pointing out. He also used a very similar dark rendering technique- google him out! You'll probably dig his shtuff....
    http://rocbo.chez.tiscali.fr/Max/cul...rth/tarzan.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx

But i must say that i have never heard of this person before, so this is much my style. But i have just begun drawing about four months ago, so i think i will alter it eventually.

Greetz Max4d

Max4d

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.