Thanks

Coming up with ideas?

Well hello there!
    I'm very VERY new at this site. I think it is very cool for people to share there knowledge in art and stuff. Just my type if site

I was looking at some threads and at the same time, in my deep thoughts.
    And when I was there I come up with an interesting question.

Where do you gett your ideas to draw something?
    Is it like, "Hey! I want to do something like that to!" or does it just say, BLING!
    Do you see where I'm going?
    I'm more the bling person, but i'm still practising. AND I NEED MUCH OF IT!

It would be cool to see how others come up with there ideas, dosn't it?
    Have fun everyone!
    Last edited by skerre; March 14th, 2006 at 02:22 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I open my eyes and my mind.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Tim says it all really.. films, books, other people, other artists work, fashion, just looking around... The hardest part is coming up with original ideas/designs...
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Yeah, it's a shame the human imagination's so limited at times. Freakin' imagination.

Thanks
    take a look at all the things around you and combine them to make new stuff.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    One thing I want to say about this is don't force yourself. Don't demolish ideas just because they have been done before, and don't limit yoursel fby any other criteria. Make sure you're creating what you love man, this can't be stressed enough. And if you have an idea that you love, and it's been done before, do it anyway and do it how you envision it. You might put a whole new spin on it. But I don't think it's a graet idea to force these things.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGuy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sorry that I've been away for some time...
    Yes, I think its very amazing when you draw out your thoughts on a pice of paper. Its very hard for me though.. It won't look the same like the picture in my head

But thank for the advices and your time on this thread!

Thanks
    I'm going to go a bit out on a limb here but, I find roleplaying is very helpful when I'm looking to create a new character. Not D and D type stuff though. Just jumping in with a bunch of people for some on the spot story writing in which you control a chartacter, or as the case often is with me, about three or more at once... plus a bunch of namless guys for causing havok and eliminating stale mate battles.

I confess, I RP on Neopets. Mainly because they have a large community and I don't have to wait two years for the other people to post their response. There is always an active RP that I'm not obliged to stay apart of long term.

Through this I have created many colourful characters that I got to know quite well. When the RP is done and over I simply have to draw them. Or I draw them while waiting for other people to post. Either way.

Other than that, I just look around me and take inspiration from simple shapes, weird things in nature, and the complicated innerworkings of my jumbled mind.

Thanks
    For the past few years I've been out of it when it comes to drawing- I was more focused on my writing and a friend reminded me of my forgotten passion- something I'm wanting to pick up again and FINALLY do something with.

The most difficult part for me was picking it up again- in which I had to put my imagination on hold for a bit and get connected to what's in front of me as I didn't realize how disconnected I had become due to the daily grind of it all- I have found THAT to be helpful. Start with the mundane- the cell phone on the desk, your living room; then you find the beauty in the person waiting at a bus stop or sitting in the cafeteria looking completely bored... pretty soon your imagination takes off again. Hours each day drawing what your mind sees on a daily basis and then eventually it clicks (for me). I'm still getting there- On this site (other than looking at the other sketch books/completed works etc.) the daily sketch section also helps inspire- it gives you a subject to trigger that part of your mind that does break you away from the norm.