Art: Blaster Master Revised [~270k d/l]
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Blaster Master Revised [~270k d/l]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Blaster Master Revised [~270k d/l]

Well, here are the fruits of my labor for the past week and then some. These are the 'final' images for my Thunderome entry. It's still May 1, so I'm still very much open to suggestion.

Week 1 was spent drawing pages of rough sketches and design concepts. About 3 hours total. Select sketches from this phase are compiled in the 3rd image.

Week 2 was spent refining the concepts and producing the final images. The drawing for the tank took about 8 hours, from pencils to inks. The rendering on the tank took about 16 hours, spread over 3 days. The character rendering took about 5 hours from pencils to Photoshop. These comprise the 1st image.

I did the orthographic drawings tonight--about 4 hours to draw and composite. Most of that time was spent just fiddling around with the size of the images and the 'animation'. The orthographics comprise the 2nd image.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Tekura Guest
    Hey Blackhand,

Great stuff you've posted here. You've put a lot of time and effort into this one, from pencil to final piece. I like the shadow behind the tank, and the colours you've chosen for the whole piece, good luck with the competition..

T

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Blackhand, just wanted to say I really like the illustrations, especially the front and side view of the tank. The mechanism for raising itself looks really convincing, like it can be really made.

My only crit is that the barrel on the turret seems a bit off in the perspective. Other than that, it is great. I really like the detail in the tire treads too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi blackhand.

the orthographic drawings and the colored illustration are cool. i really like the technical style.
    but you should alter the barrel and the minigun, because they are out of perspective, as jng already mentioned.

greets

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments--the perspective thing has been mentioned all throughout the process.

Here are my excuses--hahaa. I think what's throwing people off is that the turret is turned towards the viewer and the cannon is actually angled upwards. BUT...you guys are right, the base of the cannon [that little cylinder] is a little tweaked.

I forgot that the cannon was raised, so when I went to draw the minigun, I made the lines parallel to the cannon--so they both look off. Crap. I drew the tank using a 3d model underlay, to get the perspective right.

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.