Sketchbook: stine's sketchbook -- a portrait a day keeps the doctor away... - Page 20

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Thanks
    thanks, manuel! hmmm, i've got a really small nose, but i think you're right - there should be at least a slight hint visible. gonna keep practising noses! thanks for taking the time and for posting the reference!

started a digital today. reference is a photo of grace kelly - i don't know how far i will take this, but i started with the face. it's a rather rough stadium and has some flaws, but i hope it's okay i post it already...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wow! great improvement!!! your anatomy seems to be getting really tight, and I like your lines. how about some more environments?!

Thanks
    hey there, i love the idea with the roll of paper... very creative. I'm glad to see you working hard and posting often... keep it up!

Chris

Thanks
    hi stine! great updates! I like the nose - mouth studies! and the last digital is looking really good! can´t wait to see more keep it up!

Thanks
    That last digital piece is coming along nicely

Thanks
    Hi i like the lady in rose back

my sketch book

Thanks
    Nice portrait work, altough your pencils still seem to carry more life to them. Keep it up!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Been a long time since I visited this Sb.And Each update is better than the last one.Really good face studies man.Good porgress with the digis too.You are on the right path.Keep walking .
    Take care and godspeed.

Thanks
    Great Start Stine keep it coming!! i can't wait to see more from you!! I need to do some digital stuff here soon!!

Thanks
    i see you did a lot of work when i was away.

Roma was SUPERB. it's realy cool there. if you can, > visit it!

your last peace looks good allready, iam sjure you will rework the flaws in it. i hope to see the final version soon!

Thanks
    I think your work is very classy. Keep it up I wanna see more.

Who exactly is this minjit you ask?
    Rorke's Sketch Book of Doomy Dooomm!
    I don't want to go mommy...>.< you can't make me!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
    --Robert McCloskey quote

Thanks
    wow, those drawings are really really nice. i love the rough sketch quality of them. you are capturing alot of emotion with those. you handle traditional medium very well. the digitals are looking better too. keep posting and working out those faces. you'll be a master portrait artist at this rate.

take care
    ryan

Thanks
    Hi Stine, I like your stuff, especially the life studies very much! Keep it up.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hi Stine, the Grace Kelly is very beutiful, I love this in actual stadium and I think that I'll must use the final version for wallpaper
    ciao

Thanks
    Hi stine, so much great work your up to, I love the idea of the drawings on the roll of reciept paper that so cool, I like that SP up there to. Keep up the great work, sorry for my long absence so easy to get distracted by life

Thanks
    thanks so much for stopping by, guys! and so sorry for my neglecting my own and your sketchbook(s)... right now, i'm working on 8 jobs simultaneously and that's taking it's toll...
    but i'll make sure to visit all your books in the next few days, promise.

odt - thanks for stopping by! you're right, i should do more environments, absolutely. i guess in the next week i'll go out again and sketch the city here. thanks for pointing it out!

dose206 - hey there, hope you and your family are fine. sorry, didn't post very often recently, but i hope i can change that!

elisa - thanks so much for the kind words. love your sketchbook, i'll make sure to visit as soon as possible!

heartbeat - thanks a lot!

dhilipsomesh - thanks!

silvestri999 - you're right, need to practice painting (traditional and digital) a lot more - guess, i feel most comfortable with a plain pencil and that shows...

bhanu - thanks a lot! i was looking for your sketchbook all over the place until i realized you started a new one... sorry! see you in your book!

ashrumm - thanks a lot, aaron. hope, you have fun at school. how's the oil painting coming along? i promise to be a better sketchgroup member!

oma - another one with a new sketchbook i looked for. great to hear rome was fun. i'm planning to go to the CA workshop in italy next year (if i can make it), so maybe i'll stop by in rome then. thanks for the nice words!

rorke - thanks a lot for having a look! your sketchbook title always makes me smile, so i make sure to stop by there...

ryan de mita - thanks! beautiful abstracts and marker sketches you have again, joy to watch your progress.

morbid - hey there! thanks for having a look!

dreamworker - thanks a lot! i'll try and finish the grace kelly for you.

ham-e - great to see you again! and thanks for stopping by. phew, remember the 100pages of hands challenge? are we still doing that?

okay, here's just a tiny update, some random sketches i did when i found time.
    first three were done in our university's anatomical collection - unfortunately they open only once a month for 2 hours...

next ones were done from family portraits (photos) - first is my grandma and my mom and the next one is a portrait of my mom on her first day of school. i always thought she looked like little red riding hood there, so i drew a wolf along...

Thanks
    Your portraits are really coming along, with your pencil work!
    The wolf face is great on the last page.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
Hey stine! Cant understand I forgot to check your sketchbook
the last update is amazing, the whole page 10 is amazing itself! keep at it
I dont have much to say, exept the fact that now Im gonna go studie some Sargent

~Dile

Thanks
    beautiful drawings and paintings ... the grace kelly one looks really nice

Sketchbook :: Blog

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

Thanks
    Nice to see you again with such more works! In this set I like this page http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1163674094 the little girl is very pretty!
    Cheers

Thanks
    great stuff stine! I just love your pencil work! Ya the one hundred pages of hands thing only stops when we finnish...the last one I posted was #22 I think

Thanks
    Hi Stine
    it's sooooooOOOOOOOoooooo good to see you post again
    (I rly missed you )

your drawings are superb again (only No. 1 isn't as good as the rest)
    your mom looks a lot like you (vise versa ^^)

greetz and all the best wishes for enough time to enjoy your life Infinit

PS: 8? …damn do you work EVERY day of the week? poor you

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks

drawing (with) wolves

thanks a lot for having a look!

jake - thanks for stopping by, loving your monsters. more wolves on the way...

dile.exe - wow, you upgraded yourself to an .exe. very cool. thanks for having another look. how's the sargent study coming along?

oldnoobie - thanks for stopping by and the kind words. appreciated!

dreamworker - thanks, i'll give your compliment to my mom.

ham-e - hmmm, i should've used your absense better and beat you in that challenge, but without you it just wasn't fun. i guess you are still further than me with those hand pages. so i better get to it... great to have you back!

infinit - thanks so much for your nice words, manuel! which no.1 do you mean? the whole first page or just the upper left drawing? that's a very cool mummy in the anatomical museum. creepy, but cool (it/ he has no upper skull but a wire like a bucket or something. strange...). i'll re-visit the museum the week after next week, maybe i can do it better. oh, and the jobs are cool. real fun doing them, just not leaving too much spare time, but i'm learning a ton working on those.

oookay, just a quick update, some more wolves. i try to work more with planes like bridgman suggests and thought that working with different skull forms would be good. getting a sense for the structures underneath and so on. wolves are really interesting to draw, a lot of different textures and planes.
    this one i drew on transparent/marker paper - wanted to try different materials. i think, i like plain old paper better, but i'll give it another try...

as always, any comments/crits welcome!

Thanks
    great wolf heads stine, I know your really busy with school also, drawings are looking great. Thanks for stopping in my sb and keep up the good work.

cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    WOlfies look good overall,
    But check the placement of the eyes on the second one. But the shading on the fur is good.
    More updates please.

Thanks
    i agree with bhanu. the wolves look good.

but how did you draw them, from mind, from ref ? from a wolf movie?

Thanks
    oh it's a mummy … then I guess it' s ok o_0

cute wolfes one of them is drunk
    if you can tell me which one it is you get a lolipop

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    hey there and sorry for not updating any earlier - i've been quite busy with school/work, but i hope to find some time over the holidays.

darktwin - thanks a lot for stopping by, darron. yup, we're all quite occupied right now, glad you found the time to have a look, so thanks for your support.

bhanu - you're right, i checked. i must've exxagerated the eyes, thanks for the tip!

oma - hey there! i borrowed a book from the library about wolves - so all sketches are done from photo ref. thanks for stopping by!

infinit - heh, i guess, it's the frontal wolf head on the last page, right? he's slightly cross-eyed... did i win a lollipop now? pleeeeeeeease! *bambi-eyes* thanks for stopping by, manuel (great update, btw!).

okay, i sketched a little inbetween jobs - just quick studies, trying different materials and basically practising what i've learned so far. i have some more sketches, but those are in a sketchbook i forgot at a friend's...

sketching while watching dvd - trying to beat the dvd player that automatically continues to play the movie after 10 minutes...

quick study in pencil and acrylics - sorry for the folds in the paper, from now on i tape the paper onto plywood...

another portrait from photo ref using black color-pencil

Thanks
    Hi Stine, as usual you did very good works. The first is very expressive, the second has some problem in ear definition, but is a quick sketch and this does not have importance, the last one is my preferred I love this style!
    CIao

Thanks
    ohhh man. this is sublime. it has this classical retro persona 1800s and some of the 1930s as well. the technique is stunning so is the style.

just love this.

subscribed.

-m

• Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.