Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I love seeing hand studies, always helps me see more poses and foreshortening. One thing I like to do is block out hands using...well blocky shapes One for the palm, one or two for groups of fingers then one last one for the thumb. Don't be afraid to make blocky hand studies because it really help with form and the understanding of lighting on the hand.

After you are comfy with that you can add more facets to your blocks and make separate blocked out fingers. This is juts the way I like to do it anyways, everyone has their methods

Keep up the good works!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Stine Ur hand studies are getting along pretty well. Personaly love the first hand study Ur eyes have so much depth and value, quite impressive. Ur charlie chaplin fellas speaks for themselves
    keep rocking
    Last edited by Wolfbane; April 19th, 2006 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks
    Hey Stine, you've been busy as well, Your gestures are awesome, and thanks for the comments regarding the anatomy, I don't think i'm that much further along than you are. Just give it a try just put basic shapes where you know key muscle groups go, for example balls for the shoulders and head, a cube or an egg for the rib cage etc. Actually i should probably go a bit more basic so i can get better understanding of how we are all connected. Your hands, yeah are pretty good but your fingers are a bit sausagey thats fine though everyone else already gave you really good advice on practicing hands just work real gestural for now don't worry about how they look try and get good structure first.

Thanks
    thanks a lot for stopping by, guys.
    's been a busy day (still is...), so no update (sorry)...

ham-e: thanks for having a look. so we're both doing our hand studies, eh? thanks for the tipp with the dynamic silhouettes. strange that i could get it fairly with the persons and struggle with the hands... and i'll definetely try that blind drawing. have heard of it before but forgot about it. thanks for reminding me.

dreln - hey, welcome to my little book and thanks for the comment. still need to get rid of the habit drawing everything from the outline and instead think of volumes and masses... thanks!

wolfbane - thanks for stopping by again! eyes are my friends, noses my natural enemies. so much to learn... guess my next drawing will be a portrait again. just for the fun of it...

ashrumm - thanks a lot. i will get into the body masses soon. wanted to get a general feel for proportions by these little silhouettes, now i have to start doing the nude figures to get the anatomy down. did some arm studies while watching nba yesterday (don't laugh!), but that's just a small beginning... thanks for stopping by! oh, my little apple sketch in bumskees thread was actually my very first post here. very cool you're doing that there. your apple's looking great! (better than mine...).

Thanks
    Oh yeah i forgot to remind you that I saw your post there!
    Your apple was great, your very first post awesome! Well i'm looking forward to your next update i think i'm going to hit up on some more anatomy. I'll talk to you soon take care Stine

Thanks
    thanks, ashrumm. that apple was fun... keep going! great to see you that enthusiastic!

i've got just a very small update i'm not happy with. a little hectic this morning and i couldn't focus that well. so my sketches are way too loose. try to keep everything in mind you guys told me and maybe that's a little too much right now. dunno. wasn't that patient this morning. so that's the outcome. i post it anyway, cause it reminds me that there's no steady progress but baby-steps... oops, gotta hurry to the library. see ya!

stine's sketchbook -- a portrait a day keeps the doctor away...

Thanks
    Like the monkey and the panda very much. Looking good!
    Keep on cracking at it!

Cheers,
    Arco
    My CA sketchbook

My comfy Sofa

Thanks
    them animal studies are my favorite so far. go for it.

Thanks
    G'day Stine. Go hard on that thesis don't stress over updating if you'r too busy, not saying you can't juggle both I'm sure your having no problems. You hands are stil an issue, try pretending like your about to exagerate the curves but also stick with what your observing at the same time (I may sound more confusing than helpful). Good to see youve done some animal studies, have a go at more. Till next time.
    SKETCHBOOK

Jeff Jones was advised "No piece of art is ever a failure, because you never come away with less than you started with. ''

Thanks
    Wow, been a while since I last visited your sketchbook. Looking fantastic, and great to see you've been keeping up with it. Love the Hogarth studies, they're showing some really nice form and lines. As before, I really like how you're doing your little thumbnail figures; it's impressive how much you're able to express with so little. The Marx brothers page is probably my favorite so far. Great animal studies, too. Are you doing any of the animals from life, or are you working from photos? If I could be so bold, I'd like to see more stuff from life.

Thanks
    hi there the ape is great
    cu Infinit
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks

lunch break

arco - thanks a lot for having another look! looking forward to another update in your book!

cordy - thanks!

nii - hey mate, thanks for stopping by. still figuring out a routine that makes me handle everything. not a big deal, but busy... don't find your comment confusing at all and you're perfectly right. my lines need to become more "freehanded". don't know whether that is clear now...

lotekk - hey, nice of you to visit again and thanks for the compliment - guess with my silhouette the bad habit of working with the outline pays off a little... i'm mostly working from photographs and from dvd. trying to get away from freeze framing and getting to realtime. hands are mostly mine (from life). and the fact that i really struggle with them shows i should do more stuff from life!

infinit - hey, nice to see you again! thanks!

okay, did these small sketches in my lunchbreak. thought i'd go back to the masters and "comfort zoning" a little to get my head free. told you i would try the red pencils...

stine's sketchbook -- a portrait a day keeps the doctor away...

Thanks
    Hey Stine, funny to see you doing hand studies - I just started doing that myself! Haven't posted any yet, though.

That last bottom portrait is great in read - and your sketch of claudia cardinale is sooo loose and effective. Easy to see you're comfortable doing those...

Keep it up! First to reach 100 pages of hands?
    ohjay's sketchbook

So here we are but no cigar
    idiots and electric guitars
    You're hiding, keep riding
    from acid to zen and back again

Thanks
    I think I like your comfort zone, nice updates!

Cheers,
    Arco
    My CA sketchbook

My comfy Sofa

Thanks
    nice updates Love the monkey And the portraits in red
    are gorgeous as allways. Keep em rolling

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast