Sketchbook: Uneventful doodlings by Jordan
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Uneventful doodlings by Jordan

Alright... I've been drawn here by an unnamed ruckus, so I decided to start small with some of my recent hand studies.

Yeah, they're mine.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Jordan, good start to your sketchbook.

Are these posted up in the order that you did them? Because I can see an improvement from the first to the last pic. At the start, it seemed as if you were looking at each part of the hand in isolation, drawing the outer line and then filling in details. By the end, it looked like you were looking at the hand as a complete object, which is better.

What you should try to do is not think of each part of the finger as independent, but look at intersections of planes. Ie, don't draw a palm, and then add fingers one by one - look at the entire hand, notice how each finger has sides, a top and bottom. Examine how when you move your fingers, you can still see paths following between all the parts on different fingers and planes. Most important, look at where sections intersect so you can keep everything in proportion. Jump all over the hand when drawing, comparing sections to whatever you're using as a model, always seeing where parts overlap or meet.

On the last page, the hand you did facing down with fingers spread is tops, more like that please. More dynamic shapes, flailing fingers. Push yourself!

Note me when you update, I'd like to see how you progress

Ruz

My sketchbook Critical Feedback = Luv

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Ruzkin. They aren't in order (actually the last one is the second page) but I'll definitely take your advice to heart.

Here's a little ship thing I doodled a few hours ago...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.