ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> EOW VidaNova Corporation - Voting!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • chaosrocks

0 0%
  • digitalfly

9 15.25%
  • goran

17 28.81%
  • br0ken_spirit

0 0%
  • Laurentiu_Bontea

30 50.85%
  • koshime

1 1.69%
  • StenP

2 3.39%
    Thanks

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> EOW VidaNova Corporation - Voting!

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day - VOTING

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day

Storyline:

The year 2446 CE

Mankind and its technology have advanced at an exponential rate, however trivial political, religious and social demands have caused the splintering of former superpowers into smaller nation states, pitting themselves against each in a number of minor conflicts.

Since 2395 a minimum of 27 conflicts, hostile incursions and border disputes have been raging in various confined areas across the planets surface, sparking a new global economy.
    Covenants of major corporations have banded together in various factions and are now the true international players, feeding the ever increasing demand of new weapons technology.
    The change in style of warfare has rendered weapons of mass destruction virtually useless increasing an appetite for more unconventional weapon systems, specifically the VidaNova Corporations newest developments in the field of creating new species of animals bred for specific purposes.

The idea behind this new move is too harness the animals natural intelligence, sensory abilities, and ability to traverse difficult terrain. They are currently working on models for civilian implementation, ranging from beasts of burden for remote areas to leisure models as pets. However there have been worrying reports of certain products escaping from captivity, and having unexpected effects on the flora and fauna they interact with, conspiracy theorists place blame on a huge range of subjects, ranging from the Cytarabinoside used in manipulating metabolic pathways in the animals, to mother earth resting control back from humanity to satan himself.
    Some minor political and religious groups are already rallying, trying to bring this series of unnerving events to the public eye, wild rumors and conspiracy theories are already calling this the 8th day of creation.

Topic for EOW:
    VidaNova Corporation - Genetics and Biological Materials Department - Site C

Somewhere along latitude 14° South, this large isolated facility of the VidaNova Corporation Houses several small but vital research, development and construction departments. Intelligence suggests they have recently made large strides in the fields of tissue synthesis and behavioral adjustment of their products.
    Visual reports describe massive, and entirely self sufficient architecture, housing at least three hundred employees including support personnel, Vehicles, holding pens and the suggestion of a large underground tunnel complex.

Deadline for the voting: Tuesday, 15th March 2006

Posting thread (closed):
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62483

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    artist: chaosrocks
    concept:
    Bionova 1
    this large four building complex has large water gathering funnels on the roofs, which due to the heavy rainfall at this tropical latitude not only collects all the water needed for the facility but provides hydroelectric power through a series of cascading generators. The builings are solar heated and water cooled and nearly entirely made of Glasstex a clear, impervious substrate.
    The doctors and staff of this facilty have found that their genetic creations flourish and survive much better in a semi-natural environment, so the entire upper survfaces of the buildings are cultivated and planted as gardens and farmed for food crops. as well as being holding pens for the experiments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

artist: digitalfly
    concept:
    I think it can be a big industrial complex with a huge security wall and only one possible way to get inside - the overground autobahn.
    The tubes allways smoking. And local people call this complex "The CloudsMaker"

artist: goran
    concept:

artist: br0ken_spirit
    concept:

artist: Laurentiu_Bontea
    concept:
    VidaNova Corp. set its Genetics and Biological dept. in the Southern Peruvian Andes. There are many VidaNova scientific labs strewn across this region, but this one has a crucial role in the research and development of new "in vitro" species. Thus, it was projected with a unique defensory system that can make the entire section disappear; but to the human eye, radars and scanners only.

artist: koshime
    concept:
    The VidaNova Corp. is rumoured to have a secret genetics installation somewhere within the Fijian island chain, powered entirely by a hydroelectric powerstation linked to a underwater base, allowing virtually undetected passage of scientist, and top military personnel in this undisclosed privately funded research facility

artist: StenP
    concept:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Rook is busy as hell at the moment...i will take over EOW for now...i didn't know that the poll wasn't started yet, just saw it, sorry for the delay!

But sometimes there are more important things to do than this

Thanks
    okay, pretty easy choice: Laurentiu!
    nice entries by: Goran, digitalfly and Koshime!

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Voted for DigitalFly... man I wish I could paint like you (I dig your creature painting a lot). I like the mood and atmosphere, I wish you would have detailed it out more, but when I think of the iconic "large corporation that is creating genetic madness", I thought of yours.

Also...Laurentiu... amazing. I love the blood flowing through it... very awesome. If I could have voted for a tie, yours would be there too.

Thanks
    hey guys, im sorry i had get my portfolio out today and it almost killed me, thank you so much fozzy for holding the fort, sorry about the delays im responsible for most of them, anyway thats out of the way, im back on track

laurentiu gets my vote, without a doubt, ima little dissapointed there wernt more entries, but i see it was pretty complex.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    voted for koshime. the colors and structures gave a very high-tech futuristic feel. i also love the aspect of the underwater lighting

digitalfly's was a close second, but without much look at the scenery around it, i didn't really know if it fit the climate in the topic. it had more of a temperate "industrial revolution" feel. other than that, it was a great piece.

Thanks
    Hard to vote on this one

There seems to be an assumption of ecological devastation that isn’t in the description. I would like to think that in this amount of time people would figure out that the environment is necessary to survival.. We ca learn from LOTR and avoid Mordor
    Oh btw did this confuse any one but me?
    …”large isolated facility of the VidaNova Corporation Houses several small but vital” both large and small?

There are so few I’ll critique them all

Chaosrocks0 obvious flaws in rendering and perspective…and a certain misunderstanding of the implied evil of this corporation …basically you suck and deserve to be ignored

Digitalfly--- beautiful pic… not sure it’s of the description I read. Seems awfully industrial and bleak.. How can one tamper with life forces when there’s no life around? Also no indication of climate or latitude..Although that could probably be changed by the amount of industry evident.. this feels like a Faerie Birmingham. And as such is striking.

Goran. This is plausible and quite effective. Feel sorry for the critters, I’ll probably vote for it. Well drawn and nicely finished. Not sure about the self –sufficient part……

Broken-spirit
    I like that you have laid this out like a publicity brochure, the [page is well designed
    But um this looks a lot like my heat pump. It is implied by the connected assignments that the critters can escape and it says that people live here. I wouldn’t want to, to be honest. Self-sufficiency needs water air and energy… of course all those things might be there but it is solo box like especially if that’s a door and the scale is really that huge.

Lauretiu-Bontea
    Excellent futuristic ness and very evocative rendering…. have you ever been in a Lab? They tend to be white and clean and bright to the point of sterility…I can’t see it.

Koshime
    Interesting take on it, to put it under water. Very beautiful strong drawing…. Hard to see just what it is and how it’s situated though…Gorans fish creature could escape!;P

StenP I really like this one, it has the climate feel and the sprawling ness of a large complex while maintaining the isolation. The different areas and arms look like they would serve different functions. Un fortunately the drawing is blurry and seems a little bit stiff. ( I sympathize……a lot)

Submitted with great respect and honour for you all..well except me.

Chaos Rocks

Thanks
    LOL Chaos. I actually thoght yours was pretty good this time around. It's some of the best stuff I've seen you post.

Thanks
    Goran's fit the bill nicely. I agree that Laurentiae's is the most impressive but it doesn't seem to have all that much to do with the description.
    Chaosrocks: i think you're definitely making improvement. Yes the perspective's wonky, but it's an interesting angle.

Thanks
    My vote went to Goran, I was completly blown away by the image and the design.

My Sketchbook
    "Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind, the race is long, and in the end, it’s only against yourself."
    Photoshop color picker | Adjusting tablet sensitivity: Manually or Utility

Thanks
    I vote for Laurentiu_Bontea.
    I'm very thanx for voiting for me and so sorry for unfinished my EOW!!!
    All last week I was traying to finish it but have not time... Very sorry.

Thanks
    Laurentiu_Bontea got my vote. Nice layout, great enviroment.
    Goran, yours is well done and I like the other stuff goin on. busy little peep this week eh?

Thanks
    Laurentiu_Bontea gets my vote. Runner up were digitalfly.

Nicely put down, wonderful for the eyes at the same time it's a good concept.

I'd love to see more of it though, the part we see tickles my fancy.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    I voted for goran. The design had a kind of organic and tech feel to it. It reminded me of a bee hive with the shape and the ships flying in with new matteral.

Thanks
    wow grate art guys keep doing the good work and big props to larauntius

Thanks
    i will take care of this thread when the whole campaign is over...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    i will take care of this thread when the whole campaign is over...
    fozz, dude... you`re everywhere!
    kudos for giving your full attention and help in the activities and making sure everything and everyone are taken care of.
    you`re alright you..

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    thx man....i am glad you brought your toys back...there was a bigger and stronger guy in the sandbox you played eh?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    thx man....i am glad you brought your toys back...there was a bigger and stronger guy in the sandbox you played eh?
    nope. just got seriously bored.

judging by these last days polls (for all the activities...) voting is still absolutly
    screwd and with no logic, and i was totally right.
    really bad or boring or amateurish pieces (and some are just really into ants apparently...) gets tons of votes while great entries are bluntly ignored. usually beacuse of who`s NAME is signed on the creation, rather than the creation itself.

but i need something to do with my free time, and the activities do provide
    some sort of a work frame.
    i`m gonna post entries in the weeklies when possible, but i`m not gonna vote or take any part of the discussions or inner politics and ball-licking (pardon my french).
    ho man... now you got me ranting again...
    sorry.

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    as we all know what you say is partially valid for the voters...i once stated something like a 70/30 ratio regarding the 2 sort of voters...

BUT the important thing is that the ones who participate or judge by the concept and image quality have the chance to steer things in the right way..

It's like in the politics, if you don't go voting you choose the worst party...so please forget about all the bad voters...because it's up to the weekly activity participants to try their best, not only while drawing - no - also trying to push and save the activity itself or if you want also the whole community...

If everyone would react like this the whole idea would be dead in no time...it's not more work or effort, it's just another perspective of views...

How can things change when the ones who actually want changes are stopping?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.