ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> COW - Mounted Predator For Hunters - Voting! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hookswords

0 0%
  • W!L

0 0%
  • JakkaS

25 21.93%
  • CheshireLyon

0 0%
  • neoknocker

0 0%
  • Thefultron

2 1.75%
  • Alliekatt

1 0.88%
  • Jonoy

0 0%
  • chaosrocks

0 0%
  • sithwitch13

0 0%
  • Soulweaver

1 0.88%
  • AleksandarMijajlovic

0 0%
  • meeatu

0 0%
  • ceberae

3 2.63%
  • GatorKyle

2 1.75%
  • Brand_X

0 0%
  • Cup of Joe

0 0%
  • Form

6 5.26%
  • hwango

0 0%
  • masque

5 4.39%
  • goran

6 5.26%
  • Panagos

0 0%
  • digitalfly

12 10.53%
  • misledtomisery

0 0%
  • Hiipi

4 3.51%
  • walnut

0 0%
  • rawwad

1 0.88%
  • GreyBelly

0 0%
  • br0ken_spirit

1 0.88%
  • Sorknes

0 0%
  • young_paddy1

0 0%
  • Tobin

1 0.88%
  • TjC

0 0%
  • _Urchin_

0 0%
  • Nexus

3 2.63%
  • OtterFrenzy

0 0%
  • Orion9282

1 0.88%
  • Althael

0 0%
  • Laurentiu_Bontea

8 7.02%
  • Tyranx

28 24.56%
  • Keng

0 0%
  • Marco Mazzoni

4 3.51%
  • cognition.sb

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote went to Hiipi becouse I really liked the conecpt and I thought the picture had alot of energy and movement.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Form
    oh man...i saw this from newbies, childish or selfish people...but you entered already a few rounds and are actually an admin...i didn't expect this from you...

And there goes your vote...*plink*

You make me really want to fly to Montreal and whip your ass with the little koala from Amsterdam...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MegaData
    your entry wasn't taken because it you stated it as a WIP...and you know...i have taken entries stated as WIP a few times to the poll, but then artists say like "hey, it was a WIP, it isn't supposed to be here"...i don't accept WIPs and then they say "hey, ok, it was a WIP, but why it's rejected"...

So i can't please everyone...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted Masque, deliciously sci-fi looking and I really dig the saddle integration into the design. Other that stood out either concept wise or painting wise are JakkaS, Alliekatt, Marco Mazzoni, Broken Spirit and Tyranx.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus
    I have to push myself really hard to hang in there with people like Tyranx, Jakkas, and Mike Corriero. Has anyone else experienced a marked improvement in skill from doing CoW's? What are you guys thoughts?
    Absolutely - regular participation from the bigwigs provides such fierce competition that I feel compelled to step up. The chance to work with these briefs and see how other artists approach it is something I value highly. While I still produce the odd dismal piece of work (this week's was pretty rushed), my better pieces are a lot better. It's a very convenient service that CA and the staff and provide for us.

To all mods/admins etc involved - especially Fozz, Oreg, Rook, davi; a big thankyou for taking the time to write these briefs and control the activities.

Also, to the bigwigs; Here's a little to average-sized wig saying 'thankyou for kicking my ass'.

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by _Urchin_
    And I still can't believe nobody did scorpion + wasp + lensflare. Ancient foes, united into the ultimate fighting machine.
    I did preying mantis/scorpion...with the assumtion that although neither of these are extinct they are both prehistoric and survivors...and I was told in no uncertain terms that lensflare is tacky.

heh
    c.rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote went for Jakkas, because of the overall finish and the concept. I almost voted for br0ken spirit but I found that saddle looking a bit uneasy, nevertheless the rendering is beautiful.
    By the way I also used scorpion.. And regarding the 'extinct' part of the topic; I think it's a bit unimaginative only to think of and use todays' extinct species, I mean, 400 years from now probably all species are gone - why not think from the future regarding what's extinct? Just a thought - I used the idea in my piece (the weird one, yes).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Form. Once he posted his I didn't know if I would like another better. Great quality of lighting, fills me with a sense of dread for that poor guy getting blasted. Some of my other favorites were Soulweaver, Tyranx, Hiipi, Digitalfly, Ceberae, and Goran. This is great, I look forward to entering more of these competitions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn, at first I was going to go for Goran but scrolling down I saw Tyranx's entry which just beats it by a lil bit...
    So, he gets it! :-P
    Laurentiu: your works display some mad skillz, thats for sure. Awesome style! Looking forward to your future works!
    thefultron: lmao- totally!

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you people for good works!!!
    I voted for Laurentiu_Bontea
    Impressive paint style. This creature is very danger and powerfull. I think a gunner is compensate the gaucherie of this big beast.
    I like a very much the works of Form, ceberae, JakkaS, Tyranx, rawwad and goran

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know I'm not alone in saying WOW! What a collection of concepts! Really pulled out the stops on a lot of these. Tyranx, Jakkas, broken, Laurentiu_Bontea, Orion9282, rawwad, hiipi, goran, and masque made some insane entries that had my jaw dropping.
    Ultimately, I went with the comical dialogue and interesting concept of ceberae. True, I wish it was rendered up a bit more like the others, but the ingenious hideaway pod for the rider was, well...ingenious. Sold! I'll take two.
    Good work everyone!
    Cheers,
    Dave

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was going to vote for digitalfly's but it looked more like a post apocolypic creature, where technology has actually taken a nose dive instead of getting better... i dunno...great piece tho.

i also liked tyranx's piece. but he didn't seem to be very good for hunting to me. too big and bulky/loud.

i went with gatorkyle's
    i just love everything about it, i know the highlights are a bit odd... they make it look NOT-so furry, but other than that i dig it.
    it just seems like a great hunter, AND something you could pet and love on. haha
    it was a tough decision tho, some really good stuff here. but to tell you the truth, i was suprised by the lack of AWSOME entries. there were a few that had me ready to wet myself with excitment, but i was expecting more than a few... i dunno.
    guess thats just me. i figured this coheasion thing would have attracted more attention.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Other than cerebrae, goran, W!L and Tobin, there's not a lot of great entries. Most of them almost get repetitive, mine included.

I've wrote a comment to most of entries, but evidently, I clicked a link and lost everything I've wrote.

Anyway, instead, I'll simply comment on the two competitors, since most of every others entries seems to not be there, as usual. I would like to comment on all entries, but after what just happened, I don't feel like it.

JakkaS:
    The 'holding' ability it possess is very good. Great rendering.
    But other than that, nothing 'flashy'.

Tyranx:
    Very good rendering. But it's a big ugly monkey with titanium hands and a tattooed tits..... nothing spectacular.

Voted for Tobin.
    Not the best use of technology, but the mix of animals is great. The overall look of the resulting creature is good.
    Plated cat all the way !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to give this vote to Thefultron for making me laugh my head off, but jakkas gets my vote.

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone know when the next CoW is gonna start? I mean it's already a day late. So does that mean that the due date will be on Monday instead of Sunday? And if its not even posted until tomorrow like Im guessing its starting to look like, then does that mean the due date will be next wednesday?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry people, Rook is busy as hell at the moment, that's why i will take over the EOW as well...we will start the threads today, definitely...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Next week, next COW and again this frustrating voting!
    Jonoy, ceberae, masque, GreyBelly, Tyranx, Marco Mazzoni, rawwad, walnut, goran and digitalfly I could vote for everyone of you, but have only one vote. All of you have good concepts and presentations, but I think Tyranx’s have most refined entry. He gets my vote. Digitalfly and Walnut were my runners-up.

I will try to put some more critics if I find some free time. Of course, I can't write so much as Romance in the ChOW tread [BTW, Thx for crits Rob], but I will try to write something.

THX everyone for comments, critics and votes!

Cheers
    Kuba

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huzzah, good job Fozzy. If it weren't for you these weekly bouts of fun wouldn't be possible.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    When I read the original requirements, I saw the creature as being highly mobile, highly controlable, and extremely dangerous to all sizes and types of prey. This got me down to Digitalfly, Sorkness and Marco Mazzoni. These three all appeared to be much more useful in all types of environment, and scored points with me because they didn't have the massive body structure/weight that many of the other entries had.

It was a tough choice, but Marco Mazzoni got my vote...for being closest to what I would have done, though I think I would have probably used a spider as one of my dna sources...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay Fozzy and thank you..you know theres still an EOW that never went to vote? the one before cohesion "Drifting Wildwood"
    kind of a moot point now though

Forward I say! into the wilderness..or where ever mr Bar chooses to take us!
    C.rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to everyone who said I made them laugh but I was trying to be serious!
    nobody ever takes anything I ever do seriously, it's so fukkin frustrating especially when you're trying to be mean and scary

Critiques and overpaints of my work are both welcome and encouraged, as I am fairly new to the art of sketching.
    visit my sketchbook http://http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63709
    and my art page http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/thefultron/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrocks
    yay Fozzy and thank you..you know theres still an EOW that never went to vote? the one before cohesion "Drifting Wildwood"
    kind of a moot point now though
    I am sure Rook will take care of this when he has some time again...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    MegaData
    your entry wasn't taken because it you stated it as a WIP...and you know...i have taken entries stated as WIP a few times to the poll, but then artists say like "hey, it was a WIP, it isn't supposed to be here"...i don't accept WIPs and then they say "hey, ok, it was a WIP, but why it's rejected"...

So i can't please everyone...
    I wasn't complaining. So, don't focus on that. I was reacting to the comments I quoted earlier about "no entry" meeting all the "rules" and I was trying to be helpful by pointing out that sculpture is not really disqualified by reading those rules. Next time, perhaps, they could be more specific.

I couldn't login for the whole of yesterday with whatever server maintenance is going on. It's nice to be able to login again! The site still seems to load slow though...

I haven't made up my mind on who to vote on, but I will say that, as a customer, I wouldn't want to purchase a huge beast, for the cost of food and storage space, and I wouldn't want something too small or all spiked up being dangerous to the rider. I'm rather partial to Hiipi's Rhinodillo, though I haven't cast a final vote... will this go to another poll? If so, I hope that one is still included. I think that most technical/mechanical aspects would be hidden internally. Artistically, I haven't come to a decision, but those are my current thoughts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was hard. There were several pieces that was absolutely wonderful, but that I felt didn't meet the concept or the requirements. If was just free for all, I'd gone for JakkaS or Tyranx probably, but even though snakes can be fast I can't see one at that dimension in heavy forest being fast nor does it have that carnivore thing of it, and Tyranx' piece had nothing to do with the concept as far as I can see.

My vote ended at Marco Mazzoni. It's weird, but it meets the requirements, some ideas there are rather original, for me at least. Would've been nice to see that one even more worked on and in a real game environment, heh.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was a tough one, I had to think about this for a few days. In the end, I voted for Laurentiu_Bontea because it was the first to really jump out at me. Also, this was one of the few that I could really see happening in 400 years.
    Some other favorites were digitalfly, Form, and Hiipi.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Marco Mazzoni. I liked this design in line-work and the colour solidified it. Both the pose and the design scream “killing machine”. I wouldn’t like to be chased by this beast that’s for sure.

The most interesting mode of travel I found to be OtterFrenzy’s creature. I’m not sure how practical it would be, but different it sure is.

Digitafly, JakkaS, GatorKyle, masque, Hiipi, Tyranx concepts were really well rendered. I always have a feeling that I forgot someone.

Laurentiu_Bontea’s concept has gone offline, but was awesome as well.

Redehlert: thanx mate, I’ll give you a discount!

hwango: the connections of his tech paws look much better! But I’m not sure if the tail fits (it wasn’t there before… or was it just a dream?) particularly since the lighting is different on the tail and the body.

Re: Entry thread, it got closed so I’ll answer here.

Soulweaver: thank you for taking the time to crit everyone. Rex doesn’t really have a single eye, just a visor integrated into his body to protect whatever eyes he has under it. But if it doesn’t read that way, it doesn’t read, especially since masque asked about it as well. Will keep that in mind.

I really like the way you rendered Karharion! The clockwork is an interesting touch, adds more of a fantasy feel to it. I think that the mountain in the background is taking some attention away from the creature though. I think the reason is because it’s such a saturated colour with a wide gradation between lights and darks. I think if you decreased the contrast and saturation it would help bring the creature forward and the mountain would recede. Sorry that my critique comes so late.

masque: I want those plush toys! Rex mix: armadillo & stegosaurus is correct. Plus your average good natured killer doggie and a venomous snake for that extra paralyzing bite. Eh… the tech is… called… “cheesing-the-techy-bits-and-hoping-no-one-will-notice-101”

(Argh...! I keep on getting logged out!)

The Boulder takes issue with that comment.

Sketchbookedness

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for digitalfly. That sucker looks fast, and I love the rendering. How long does this stuff take you? It looks like it's a fast, free style of painting.

JakkaS and Tyranx, awesome renderings...
    Goran and Rawwad, love the unique styles...
    Laurentiu... amazing again. I hope you stick around and compete for a while!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awww fozzy you had to go and UBERPLINK me and ruin my fun didnt you? DIDNT YOU?? Your a cold hard admin my friend... there is an army of rabbid koalas heading your way. When you LEAST expect it!!!

Thanks for the guys who voted for me legitimately It was a loverly birthday present! You all did great this round.. and my token vote with no mathematical bearing goes to LAURENTIO's sickeningly cool rendering... i was in the mood for eye candy this round, and you served it up. Nice job.

See ya guys!
    - Form (Politically corrected)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I moved the image accidentally and I'm really sorry, but it's up again now! Actually I was hoping to see the other one here at the poll and I see that cognition.sb hoped too...

Thanks for your votes digitalfly, Hiipi, Icey, smartkyle, and for the kind words. I was planning to do a nice zbrush model of it sometime soon and I'll post it around for you.

cognition.sb Yeah, I like it better too. Actually that was the final image but I should've probably mentioned. This one here was made for more comprehension of the full body.

Hiipi Thanks for the vote! I'm glad to hear that you see between the rough strokes I'll probably try polish them a little more in the future because I observed that it's one of the basis criteria here at the poll. I did some stuff for EoW and ChoW as well and probably rushed them out a little.

Thanks Hideyoshi, you'll definitely see more mad skillz around

Thank you very much digitalfly

You're right redehlert, really insane stuff! Too bad one can't vote at least twice

Thanks ceberae, it's up again now

Orion9282, I guess I'll stick around, cuz me likey here! This "stuff" of the week started to run through my veins already

..oh, I forgot you Form, thank you. But I'm still not sure if that's me there...

Last edited by Laurentiu_Bontea; March 9th, 2006 at 01:57 AM.
    "Real generosity toward the future consists in giving all to what is present."
    Albert Camus

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thnx to all for good words!
    Orion9282 wrote:...How long does this stuff take you? It looks like it's a fast, free style of painting.
    Thanx Orion. But unfortunetly it took about a 5 h. I'm only start to teach digital painting. All my life I was a b/w artist. Now I want to be a color artist
    BTW it's my hoby bc I working in TV company like a digital video artist.

Last edited by digitalfly; March 9th, 2006 at 05:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1