View Poll Results: What's wrong with them?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not enough searching

0 0%
  • Not anatomically correct

8 72.73%
  • Too many lines everywhere; confusing

1 9.09%
  • Other (specify)

2 18.18%

Thread: Hand Studies

Thanks

Hand Studies

Yo *waves heartily*

Hand studies done in class; 20 minutes apiece I think. Maybe I'll put more later *shrugs*

Critique iffin' ya wanna -

Hand Studies

Hand Studies

Hand Studies

I'm audi -

sarah*

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    a bit disproportionate.the fingers aren't supposed to be thicker than the thumb.
    oh! right vote..
    Man of integrity

Thanks
    On the first and last ones, it appears that you were petting your line alot. Try first (Especially in charcoal) to do a gesture; The box shape of the hand, then a rounded shape where the base of the thumb is, etc. Use angles and relate distance by other parts of the hand.

Not bad!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullet
    a bit disproportionate.the fingers aren't supposed to be thicker than the thumb.
    oh! right vote..
    No kidding - these are actually the first ( ) ACTUAL hand drawings I've ever done, so I'm pretty rusty anatomy wise. How sad is that? *slinks off to some god forsaken corner to cry and cover self in peanut butter*

On the first and last ones, it appears that you were petting your line alot. Try first (Especially in charcoal) to do a gesture; The box shape of the hand, then a rounded shape where the base of the thumb is, etc. Use angles and relate distance by other parts of the hand. Not bad!
    Those weren't in charcoal, but yeah, I totally get you; I search around too much, which makes it look harried and overdone. *needs to work on that* I rush into things too quickly, and then I end up having to work with what I made for myself. I'll take my time and use the actual planning/boxes/shapes step more, lol ^_~

Thanks guys -

sarah*

Thanks

Thumbs up istarith / Hand Studies

Contact a biological supply co, Carolina biological is a good one. Buy a skeletal hand, Pick up a two pound brick of plastilina clay at your local art store, now build that hand to memory then redraw those hands and see what happens. you will be amazed.

Thanks
    Contact a biological supply co, Carolina biological is a good one. Buy a skeletal hand, Pick up a two pound brick of plastilina clay at your local art store, now build that hand to memory then redraw those hands and see what happens. you will be amazed.
    If I had money, buddy *nods vigorously* boy would I do that... Except for funds are kinda short right now - but YEAH I'll definately keep that in mind; great study ^_~

sarah*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by istarith
    If I had money, buddy *nods vigorously* boy would I do that... Except for funds are kinda short right now - but YEAH I'll definately keep that in mind; great study ^_~

sarah*
    Sorry about the bucks. A plastic skeletal hand will cost anywhere from $35.00 to $50.00 plus $4.50 for the plastilina clay. Its the interior that gives the outside its shape. Your ability to relate vertical & horizontal relationships is very good. Add some interior knowledge and you will draw beautifully. If you're on the serious side of drawing, and I think you are, take a chance. Good luck.

Thanks
    pretty strong hands. like there fluidness. just keep making more of them & as quickly as possible. Try to focus on the volumes of the hand (fingers, palm, etc)... and practice them.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR