Following

Listing - thanks bro

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Man your work is really great.I just love your highlights.
    ANyway,keep drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Study from a Tony Ryder drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies as always
    that's the stuff i should be doing :' . Do you still practice from imagination ?
    The shading is really clean and nice.
    Keep it up !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your studies are beautiful man, they are really looking nice. Nice smooth lines, and good contrast. Now just think of all the little pieces you have been doing as a puzzle. You have a lot of chunks of the puzzle put together, now just put all those together and make the whole thing. I`d like to see some full body poses in full detail in badass action. You have a few, and they look great, now just blow the forum away with more Good work. Also, love the toned paper aproach.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've inspired me again! I love your studies/art : )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Udjat- THanks dude! Good to hear from you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cast drawing from Yim Mau Kun

Last edited by ammoburger; July 1st, 2006 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WIP head from a photo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that looks beautiful, keep it up man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    step two

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow

-AMAZING. i'm not too goot human anatomy. I like all of your anatomy's stuff. they're all of incredible... GOODLUCK MAN...

Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last head sketch is beautiful man! wow! you have some really nice usage of (chalk? pastel?) for the highlights in some of your pictures, so nice in fact that it inspired me to buy a white hard pastel to try my own hand in it. Keep em coming man. With each post you put up here there is notable improvement in your style and overall skills. good work!

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff ammoburger. And at such a young age too. Continue on and you are headed for greater things. Cheers.

- Josef

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    from a previous post but i change it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wonderfully technical stuff... my fav style! w00t lovely thank u for having a sb!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ammoburger- great work! I love what you have been up to. Are you finding that you are learning a lot from those master copies? I haven't done any yet except for several Bargues.

How is that Bargue doing? I finished the same one a while ago. You can see it on my website.

It's really frustrating but well worth it. It took me about a month or so to complete. I thought I was going to kill myself. I hope you are faring better. lol.

"The progress of learning is from indefinite to definite, not from sensation to perception. We do not learn to have percepts but to differentiate them."
    J.J Gibson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful observational work, love your sensitive lines.
    However, you do far too many master studies, or at least not nearly enough of your own work. Aside from life drawing class and the occassional page of imagination work I dont see much from you in here. You've gotten a bit too comfortable with just copying from 2 dimensional images and not enough from your environment and mind. This is going to hurt you quite a bit when you're faced with a blank canvas without a still, flattenned subject before you. I wanna see you push yourself much much more in the imagination and life drawing (and I dont mean nude models, I mean going outside and drawing the people places and thigns you see!). Set some goals for yourself and go ahead and start moving ahead, with your studies you've gained a great amount of skills for observing and markmaking for someone your age, now how about you do something with them? Please?
    You've got great potential, can't wait to see where you go next.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

SirGreenSock - Thanks very much for your compliments! Though I don't quite understand part of your reply. You say that you don't see much from me. My " occassional page of imagination" is the only work that reflects my personal ideas and is the most individualistic, obviously. And I am very comfortable with drawing from a flat surface whether it be a photo or another artist's painting or drawing. I don't open books and draw from them because it's easy, I do it because it helps me understand the way another artists simplified their drawing. Such as a small highlight, a reflection, or shadow that seems so complex it's intimidating. Constantly looking at other artists and studying them gives me the perspective and confidence to tackle a subject in life, and that is only a fraction of the reasons why I do it. You say "This is going to hurt you quite a bit when you're faced with a blank canvas without a still, flattenned subject before you". I am fully aware of the difference between drawing from a book and drawing from life. I am particularly reminded of that twice a week when I have a living breathing model in front of me. I appreciate your concern but I believe part of your lecture may be in vain. Though I do agree with you completely that it wouldn't hurt if I did more sketches from my environment. And I greatly appreciate your reply and I thank you very much for your input and encouragement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sleeperservice - I love you artwork!!! I am so ancy I can't sit down and work on a bargue drawing for more than a day. I need someone to whip me into shape. I couldn't tell if the copy you did was the original or your drawing which certainly means it is a success. Glad you didn't kill yourself because I'm looking forward to doing some studies from some more of your sweet drawings. Take care!

Burning Eyes - Thanks so much for you compliment!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoburger
    SirGreenSock - Thanks very much for your compliments! Though I don't quite understand part of your reply. You say that you don't see much from me. My " occassional page of imagination" is the only work that reflects my personal ideas and is the most individualistic, obviously. And I am very comfortable with drawing from a flat surface whether it be a photo or another artist's painting or drawing. I don't open books and draw from them because it's easy, I do it because it helps me understand the way another artists simplified their drawing. Such as a small highlight, a reflection, or shadow that seems so complex it's intimidating. Constantly looking at other artists and studying them gives me the perspective and confidence to tackle a subject in life, and that is only a fraction of the reasons why I do it. You say "This is going to hurt you quite a bit when you're faced with a blank canvas without a still, flattenned subject before you". I am fully aware of the difference between drawing from a book and drawing from life. I am particularly reminded of that twice a week when I have a living breathing model in front of me. I appreciate your concern but I believe part of your lecture may be in vain. Though I do agree with you completely that it wouldn't hurt if I did more sketches from my environment. And I greatly appreciate your reply and I thank you very much for your input and encouragement.
    Sorry if I was a bit unclear, went into a bit of a rant there

I agree with you on the importance of looking at other artists to draw and learn from their own problem solving, and you've shown some great life drawng as well. At the same time, I still think you're doing too much of one and not enough of the other, I'd like to see more of your own work where you are applying what you're learning along with life drawing and imagination stuff, at least in equal quantities as your master studies. So basically I wanna see more products of your studies to go alongside them.
    It largely also depends on what your future goals are, if you're interested in fine art figure and portrait drawing and painting you're well on your way, if you're interested in illustration or concept art, we would need to see more illustration and concept art.
    oops, hope i didnt start ranting again

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good solid stuff here ! i didn't see that , (one more time) i begin that i m become blind.. i love your line and your rendering , specially on your anatomy stuff. keep posting !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGreenSock
    Sorry if I was a bit unclear, went into a bit of a rant there

I agree with you on the importance of looking at other artists to draw and learn from their own problem solving, and you've shown some great life drawng as well. At the same time, I still think you're doing too much of one and not enough of the other, I'd like to see more of your own work where you are applying what you're learning along with life drawing and imagination stuff, at least in equal quantities as your master studies. So basically I wanna see more products of your studies to go alongside them.
    It largely also depends on what your future goals are, if you're interested in fine art figure and portrait drawing and painting you're well on your way, if you're interested in illustration or concept art, we would need to see more illustration and concept art.
    oops, hope i didnt start ranting again
    Yeah that makes much more sense to me, and I agree with what you've stated in your recent reply. I also would like to make clear that my first reply was not written with a sarcastic and arrogant tone.

Your last statement struck me. "It largely also depends on what your future goals are, if you're interested in fine art figure and portrait drawing and painting you're well on your way, if you're interested in illustration or concept art, we would need to see more illustration and concept art." It seems like common sense but sometimes you forget about who you want to draw or paint like. And this is always something that I'll keep in mind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quick 15-20 minute self portrait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your Pencils are abosultely lovely in all aspects of the word. Your values are awesome, and you seem to understand the way everything works very well. Thanks for the inspiration mate.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff, u draw good people. i wanna see some surreal stuff though.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    revised from previous drawing.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.