Page 89 of 280 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,145 to 1,157 of 3637
    Thanks
    ...I'm waiting to see more...

..but its a very good new start

\Pencil skills have improved, digital skills have improved, good job.BUT, try and vary your designs, what you actually draw.Remeber, you have to practice drawing ANYTHING, so show us stuff of all kinds.

keep 'em coming, i'm watching

ciao

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great work Dile!,
    I like the work most that you have now started, the sargent studies and the lady.
    The 2nd picture here is nice too, the original design stands out on this thread.
    Keep it up, i look forward to seeing more from ca's most active dude!.

I'd like to see more pencil work too. the first pencil work was very promising, so more of that would be great.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts

~Some shit~

Thanks alot guys! Im so glad to have your support and i make sure to come
around your sketchbooks laterz! Thanks to all, and i make sure to reply
specific later! just short on time atm!

ok, this is the last bump of shit i post here, after this, i bring the studies one,
and the real-serious-improvement-machine-Dile-2.0 show what he can do to
improve of course just a few sketches/doodles, i make sure to scan some
stuff when i wake up tomorrow

Also just decided to participate in the
draw-100-gestures-on-one-week-challenge-or-your-avatar-gets-replaced-by-losatar so im off to draw now

Soo..

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    hey dile!
    I already told you about the first one, I really dont like the colours, but it does have an ambient feel about it.
    On the bottom sketches. It feels like your covering up your abilities to draw features with dark blobs. While it can look good, seriously learn what each feature looks like.
    THE BEST learning tool areself portraits, or portraits from life. I cannot stress that enough. Im seeing problems with the eyes, the nose, the mouth and the skull.
    On the biggest head on the left, 3 things bug me.
    His nose is far too big, and he doesnt have a nostril, and its an odd shape.
    His mouth is weird, usually the bottom lip is larger than the top.
    His eyes are crooked, lightly put in a guide line so you dont get it skewed.
    His eyes are too high up his head, or he has a small forehead.
    His chin is far too short, and seems oddly square.

I hope you understand the importance of master studies..
    Basically A master study is a great method to learn about some of the most fantastic, amazingly talented atrists of way back.
    4 things that are learnt from:
    Colour- not using browns for dark patches of skin, using purple instead.
    Light: Understanding how the artists incorporated light into the picture, how it was effective.
    Composition:WHere subject matter is on the page, etc etc..
    Brushwork. Look closely how the artist painted. What direction was the brush going?
    For now, I think you should stick to master copies, instead of learning from the pros of today(with the exception of anatomists such as mentler, who have something to say, and show).
    Im not saying you shouldnt copy any ones work to learn, just seems a bit fishy to me, maybe you should ask a pro or something
    Keep chugging away mate, look forward to seeing pencils.

Thanks
    hey Dile, great stuff!
    for crits - study proportions through lifedrawing, make notes on the side and apply on your mind based work. Allso very important to keep those portrait studies up, try starting do self portratis. That's my five cents at the moment

mkt bra skit, fortsätt posta!
    tiger

Thanks
    I'm liking what I see so far. Post #14 is my personal favourite, nice handling of the white shirt. Would like to see more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dile
    Also, I would like to have your opinions on etc makeing studies on El coro's work, or Craig Mullins ? Is it gonna help me, or just wasteing my time?
    Is it better to only keep doing Master paintings based on the OLD masters ?
    Sure, but know the idea you are studying. For example, studying Mullin's strokes would be to study his ideas on the variation inherent in nature. For fundamentals it is good to refer to their influences/teachers as well, just to see where they were coming from.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Meatsworthy has hit the nail on your head mate. Lots of stuff to be learnt from any master. There is shitloads you can learn from masters, apart from the basic elements of composition (line, colour, texture, shape, form, contrast, balance etc. ) A sense of anatomy, structure and composition is also acquired, as is my favourite, opposing curves.

It doesn't matter which master you study, as long of course as you know you are learning something. The important thing is to enjoy the study, else you won't learn.

Have fun

- d.

Thanks
    OOh nice, so many updates and an new sketchbook. The 1st piece on the page is very nicely done imo! Keep them coming man!

Ps.Sorry i havent been too active lately, ill try to keep up with you guys.

Thanks
    Hey!! Your paintings really coming along well! I can see a difference after you worked with the sargent stuff.I'm really getting into your design work.....lets see more!!!!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    This one rocks! Keep it up mate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
  • Shit 9 days have passed, and Im really lazy! thanks again for all who replies! I really need to get my mind up and post the stuff I do.. Right now im trying to discover new Digital techniques, so its mostly speedpaints, this is the only speedpaint I got on this comp, so I post it now
    Ciao!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Nice dile, but where are the pencils drawings? Ok I was wrong, really nice effect Dile. I can definitly see where the light source is coming from. what is your character holding?? I'm really happy your experimenting with learning new techniques, the tablet has opened up endless possiblities. Keep up the good work Dile. Can't wait to see more. later bro.

Last edited by Darktwin; September 29th, 2006 at 04:44 PM.

• Page 89 of 280 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 139 189 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 18