Sketchbook: Dile: The complete edition 2006 - 2012 (with some spam in '13) - Page 63

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 3637
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice composition den, now stop messing with my msn ;0

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 543 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    man...wtf.. i hate you bastard
    good job [hug]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice texture on the worm. I would say, though, the perspective is a bit off on this one. The change of light on it suggests that it comes from a bit further away from the viewer and is heading somewhat towards him. Yet, your shapes don't communicate that. In addition, the window (basically those 3 retangles) are creating a perspective room that is not being used by the worm and neither the foreground. The viewer kind of hangs in here lost in the flatness trying to find the third Dimension.

On a side-note: Congrats to your medal man! Now you're one of the cool CA-elite haha.

PPS: Stop laughing at me telling you you are better than me! I'm gonna prove it. I challenge you to a thunderdome and you'll see how you'll rip off my skin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude you give me a VERY interesting view into your work
    and I can't thank you enough for those videos

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhh, I like where the slug/snake is going.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dile, i like that worm alot!!
    when i saw it small on yoyr wip site, it looked pro level.
    Few crits- brush economy, sometimes a bit too random and unsightly
    http://i15.tinypic.com/2v3305u.jpg
    like areas on this for example..
    Keep the brushes moving in the same direction for really flat objects, instead of everywhere.
    -also edges, keep em hard, or keep em soft. Dont get unusual looking edges
    keep working on the last one, it looks coool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice eye. wait a second...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I just had a look through your sketchbook - so young and so good already! I wish I had started out earlier, seeing all this. You have an amazing talent, don't let it go to waste!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by davi
    This member has been awarded with the Honorable Critic "medal". This member has helped the community time and time again with their helpful comments, and we are very thankful to have them in this community.
    *salutes*
    you deserve it very well buddy

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Du är fanimej grymm!...keep up the good work...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dile.exe
    but the colours are way to desaturated..
    Thank god for for color- layers and curves then

This one is abit static, he looks very stiff. Try starting out with gesture lines if you want to. It will bring more dynamics to your characters.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1164129249

cheers Dile

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
BryanYoung : haha I'm fifthteen Thanks a lot for the critique / pointers! I will work hard on anatomy now for a while!
Thank you!

Brendan N : Thanks a lot for stopping by dude! Nope, I almost never start black and white.. haha
I had to check when you pointed it out and realized that i started with black/ b&w shapes in all of those
videos.. haha, I didn't realized untill now Thanks! I use Camtasia! and windows movie maker to get
it down to 5-7 mb

Pawlack: Thanks a lot for the very helpful comments! Now I will success as an artist Nah
just kidding man, I appreciate you coming by of course Good luck with the ink That
pic you send me was damn scary!

Asswire: Thanks ! yeah, msn can be really weird can't it ??

Slayer: hahah thank you! ^^

Faust: lol, after reading your message a few times.. I actually understood what you meant
I work on getting that third dimension appear ! Thanks!

PPS: hahaha ^^ I have now offically accepted the invitation to a thunderdome! Bring it on

Infinit: And I can't thank YOU enough for acctually sharing those videos further!!
Now If I only could paint better!
Thank you! a lot!

Bojee: Thanks a lot man!

AlexC: haha, thats a true asspat ^^ hehe thank you I really appreciate those crits!
Its great that you take your time to share your pointers with me!!
As for that example... I spend no time on it, and i got tired ^^ But i do understand where
you are going with it ! Thanks a lot mate! I really appreciate it!

Asoir: Now I have 3 !

DragonSnail: Great avatar ^^ Thanks!

Infinit and all:

Now that you are third to mention it! I'm so damn thankful.. I have tried see who gave it to me.. because
I wanted to thank whoever s/he is.. I guess its davi, but I'm not sure.. Ohwell, as I said.. I 'm really
honored and I will keep the crit-ing up Thanks everyone!

This is a lame ass update... but I probably spend more then 10 hours on it.. damn

here it is.

Dile: The complete edition 2006 - 2012 (with some spam in '13)

lol.. I got my first pm's about my work hahaha.. I guess its because of that eye.. for you people
who wanted to see my old stuff.. here it is.

I have to appoligze for the bad attitude that I have showed sometimes in those
books.. also the english that sucks even more then it does now. Ca can change people ^^ I was only 13 when I came here also..

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62865

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77756

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the expend time was worth it its looks great. u are 15?!?! and u r here since 13 ? damn i tough u were older u really talented man.. keep praticing im sure u will be the artist u want to be as long u hard work

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, thanks for answering me question!

The study looks really good man.

Some stuff worth pointing out maybe:
    - the shading around the skull isn't working imo, think you need to make it flatter: either all white or all black. Avoid gray I think, it tends to flatten the image sometimes.
    -You can darken the eyes some more to push the interiors back and give the image more depth.
    -Keep you light source in mind and keep all the forms in mind, don't get lost on the smaller ones. For instance, if the light comes from the top, the whole bottom of the skull will be darker. From the top front, and it will cast a shadow behind it.
    -A light would also cause certain parts of the skull to casts shadows across other parts, like a light from the top would cause the cheekbones to cast shadows on the jaw, etc.

Those are just some suggestions though. I like the line work and it seems to be very accurate, I don't really see perspective issues (maybe the cheekbones?) and what happening with it seems to be solid. so good work budy, keep it up you're doing damn great work!

cheers!

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great sb, the skull study is looking great. are you using ref on it or are you drawing it from a life model?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it would be easier to crit if we could see the reference but what i CAN say is keep pushing the contrast and just keep going

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that skull is really looking rather nice. Something to watch out for is the noodling. those thicker dark outlines that are you just going over the same line, particularly around the nose,eyes, and the outline of the entire skull. Those hard dark lines allow the form to read by "popping" the other parts out...but it generally is a lazy habit of just not getting the values correct, or noodling not knowing what to work on next. You have some really sensitive rendering over all though

on that light study of your keyboard. Just remember when you are using a round brush there are two ways to make a square. you either work it out with a small brush, or you make a white blob and four strokes outside the blob, and have a square. keep up the good work, looks like I'm not the only one who is sucking less great improvements mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • wow, nice feedback, thanks tons! I will reply later, i have headache.. need to rest..

heres a selfportrait.. I fucked so many stuff up ohwell.. Opencanvas 4.5 is a good software

Dile: The complete edition 2006 - 2012 (with some spam in '13)

Next will hopefully be better

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dile! everythings looking great in here as usual on the self portraits, do you use a structure at first when you start? if you go in linear and define where the eyes/nose and planes are on the face it might help give everything a more solid base to render from? perhaps you do that already but just a thought!
    cheers
    timmy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work here., I like all the experimental stuff you are doing.

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."

From the Mind of The Penciler
    SSG #12
    25days-Penciler-OBX-Kresh
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Dile the skull of off the chain little bro!! Keep up the good work!! Don't worry about screwing as you aleady know its what makes us better Keep cranking out those self portraits!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • I get back to you guys soon.. I need to sleep, clock is 4 am here

Some stuff i worked on took a lot of time lol ^^

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yoo...

i like this thread. it makes me wanna draw.
    digitals are looking crazy cool, pencils are just as good... everythings looking good. im such a crit master. more more more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • tiny shit.

Thanks!

I got some nice feedback on this dude.. so I guess i just show you even if its a doodle =) Need to go to 'work' now

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Dile the last one character concept will be very cool, you must finish this guy!
    Keep sharing, ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WTF!!! you&#180;re 15??!!!

somtimes you have some really great updates in here, especially on this page.
    put&#180;s me to shame compared to my skills in your age ...

however. i like the bone pic , and this one&#180;s got a great rendering
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1176773812
    although the posing doesn&#180;t convince me , the arm going up and the movement of the fingers seems kinda " arrogant" ?? and his stance with the back going more behind is kinda "fearfully"??? .. but... if you would give him a glowing ball in the hand or something magic like that ,,, it would explain everything ( hope so).

bout the last one, it&#180;s just freaky and awesome , agree with dreamworker, let&#180;s finish it.

looking forward for more updates !

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, dile the last one rocks
    I think Its good cos the pose seems more natural than your usual stuff, and the stroke economy is much better than other stuff, personally I would leave it as it is, it looks finished the way speedpaints look finished, the strokes give it character.
    I agree with brendan's crits about the bg of the skull, too confusing having the rendering going everywhere
    keep it up son

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your doing well dile. You could learn alot if you sat down and read a little about construction of the head from whom ever you choose keep saying how you fuck your self portraits maybe it's lack of knowledge Andrew Loomis drawing head and hands would be good just sit down and read a little see where it can take you... Keep it up buddy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe Dile!!! you curse now? wow what has this world done to you!
    Skipping school?
    Work? what work your 15, go to school nobody will hire you as a CAritst if you dont have a degree. Youll end up working at Mcdonalds.
    Go to SCHOOL.
    DONT dedicate yourself to the point of exaushton. (spelling sucks)
    k here goes my lecture

pretend your running, k?
    your running your one of the best in your school in running, your fast you have alot of stamina, there is a race everybody is on it, most of everybody is too tired to go on. You take a break and you DONT drink water. (water is sleep, and in other words it can also mean school) You think by not drinking water you will toughen up. (this is the same as not sleeping, not getting rest, not going to school to learn about things other than art) Your going on, you get a headache. (same to getting headache for too much screeen, meaning computer......) Now people are cathing up to you, your better than them so you keep in the lead, you dont stop for a break.. you keep going, you get a cramp and your getting slower. (same as not getting enough sleep and getting not going to school to learn, your brain cant take it so, your work suffers. and i have noticed it) SOmebody takes the lead, wat do you you go on and try try try to goo, well trying will only get you somewhere but realizing trying to hard is like listening to a great song so many times, it gets boring.

Now dile I might be younger than you but listen, and listen closely, do not go towards something you will not accomplish well. If your going to do something do it right. If you need a break take it, dont try so hard to the extent u go to bed at 4 am you barely even want to go To school ( u need wilpower u need school) and u need to sleep ur work ur art suffers if ur no prepared for it.

Its like going to class without any supplies, the teacher will only give you supplies for some time, the teacher will tell u eventually its time for u to get ur own supplies. that means u have to be prepared for urself, not for the art but for urself.

great work man
    really
    just listen to wat i say
    and i really like ur creatures u keep on making new stuff!! its really great how u make creatures ive never even thought of could exist

no need for saying keep it up

i know u will

-Rolo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great characters! Now try to push a little more colour into them!

• Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 113 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 13