Art: Pyro Unit Concept

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pyro Unit Concept

My first post on this site. Its a flame-thrower class for a strategy FPS i dream about creating. Let me know what you think...

Pyro Unit Concept

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nice Job!

I like the style. I especially like your use of heavy lines. The design of the suite is cool. The drawing itself is great, however I would try adding a bit more detail to the gun and perhaps sharper/cleaner angles. In my opinion, it would relate more to the rest of the painting. The metal pipe on his shoulder is even more believable than the gun. Keep up the great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This I like alot. My favorite over the demon. I do agree with drake about the gun though. Like I always tell you, "You're an artist, and what they do is art." So,.....yeah I don't know. Keep up the posts bud.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lots of basic shapes..makes it look pretty simple...but i def knwo its not..keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know it's pretty much standard for the fire guy's suit ro be red, but i'm thinking red is never a wise color for any battlefield.

Gabriel Sabloff
    Filmmaker/Illustrator
    www.tiradestudios.com
    gabe@tiradestudios.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no offense.... but it really just sems to be a clone of firebats from starcraft and the flame thrower units in dawn of war.
    Sorry... but when you say that your doing concept work, try to come up with something unique. I mean you can go ahead and make a flamethrower unit picture but actually try to throw something at the veiwer that he or she hasnt seen a billion times before.
    i know i kinda came down hard on that critique but i just felt you needed to be made aware of how cliche your concept was.

The anatomy is kinda bad... the legs and arms. It looks like he could barely walk at all let alone torch some poor son of bitch on the battlefield.

Now with all the negatives thrown out there i'll move on to some positive things i see. i do think you did a good job of coloring it. it looks nice and the thick dark lines really difine your style and make it unique.

-Vague

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i know i know there was also supposed to be a marine, bio (healer), and spec-op class (stealth) and we realized that this was alot like starcraft fire-bats, marines, medics, and ghost ect. though each is basically a standard battlefield class and when you get down to it nothing is original cuz this is all taken off of actual military units but then again its ok cuz the developers of starcraft will never make a shooter like this. But then their new ghost game came out with a multiplayer and shot down all our ideas. your crits are all very true. Then again im not a big believer in 100% originality (or even believability); if something isnt based on something that came before it loses its touch with history the best you can do is improve and advance through dialectic tensions much like Hegel suggests (but i digress), oddly enough this is something i learned from blizzard games... anyhow i appreciate the comments

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.