Art: New drawing posted 3/20/06
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New drawing posted 3/20/06

Hey, there peeps. I think I have been pretty quiet with the posting artwork but, I have been working on some drawings that my friend is going to take and add his graphic design skills so that we can try and make a pitch to snowboard companies. I was going to wait to show all three but, I have no idea when the last one will be done so i wanted to share what i have so far. your comments and crits are always welcome and very encouraged. Thanks for stopping by!

Done on 8 x 11 paper with my trusty Bic Velocity pen.

Last edited by vigostar; March 20th, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome images, Rob! Such a strict, and tasteful, and lavish in the same time style. You really have your soul on the tip of the pen when your drawing. I feel so much love in all these details. The stylized hair are so beautiful, and the expression of her face, and these wonderful detail of the fantasy head cover, very fine.
    But my special love to these little wheels, they are the loveliest thing. So delicate and so realistically drawn. I want to touch them. Jewel-like work, very refined. And in the same time these little wheels and manner in which you drew them, and cold metal shine, all this makes me think about the end of the 18th- the beginning of the 19th centuries. When the first cars appeared and a lot of other new things. It was a lot of inventions made, everyone was fascinated with a technical progress and machinery. So I think the illustration made in this style for the books about this period of time would be awesome.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YO! Nice nice nice!
    Big improvement with these - draftmanship, overall polish - good job Rob.
    I'm all with sveta - I absolutely love the gears inside the treads - you handled that complexity really nicely.

Not so much a crit, but maybe more of what I would have done -On the girl, since so much is going on with her face and head dress, I may have just super-simplified the hair. Almost create just a big mass shape, and then perhaps pickout a highlight or two. Just a suggestion - either way - great job. I wanna see more like this!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rob, these are looking very nice, much improvement in depicting the overall form as well as the details, which are, as usual, quite lovely. i tend to agree w/Loomer about the hair, it draws my eyes from the face a bit too powerfully. the robot's main highlight is a bit out of character for the rest of the drawing, as Mike mentioned, and its overall form is a bit "bas relief" but that works OK with the graphic silhouetted profile. your very distinctive style definitely seems to be maturing here.

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know, my eyes were first drawn to the wheels also. Just very unique ink drawings, I don't know of anyone else that does ink drawings quite like this! Keep it up, man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, guys thanks for nice words... I think im going to visit these again in the future add my own color and layout for my portfolio purposes but, I have other things that need my attention now.

Mike- hey man, thanks for the nice words... yeah that highlight was an after thought. I added that in photoshop thought it would give a nice glare but, it seems like its not working. Im going to change it to the original style. The girl took about 11 hours.. I went through that one kind of quick actually. and the robot was about 16 hours.. It was exhausting working on that character. but, Im trying to build a style a niche for myself. I bitch all the time about how long I take on drawings but, I really do love my style.

Sve- thank you.. you are always so poetic in your generous words... I think the gears are my favorite part too... I am really considering doing a series like this.. sort of steampunk works... But, Im going to do them larger... actually, I promised myself that after Im done with this series of three that I am going to work much larger then before.. EEEK!! If you think I was crazy with all these little details now.. just wait!

loomer- yeah, i def. see what your saying.. actually Im not totally pleased with the headress... I wanted to do something more simple and ended up overworking it like I always do. most people liked the outcome though so I left it as is and my friend really liked it as well... When I revisit it im going to simplify the headress so that the hair connects more... thanks for the nice words man..

Masque- thanks man... Glad to hear that Im improving... I was sweating it out when posting these... I actually almost abandoned the robot piece half way cuz I wasnt sure about the size of the head.. Im glad I didnt cuz I really like the outcome.. Thanks for the encouragement!

Bowlin- I hope no one else does drawings like that.. cuz, Im hoping that will be my niche.. Too many damb good artist out there I need something in my favor to help me compete! Thanks for stopping by.

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW!! These are really nice. You done good!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi man. Your rendering is always tight and beautiful, not much to crit there hehe. However i would love to see you push the design a bit further. The shortness of the arm makes it seem a little useless. Why not make it twice as long or even more - it might make more sence and give the bot a much more dynamic feel and add character. A few highlights would maybe make it pop a bit more. Other than that - really nice work.

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    like the rendering very much. good work.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, the rendering is pretty cool man. not too shabby. lets see something from the side or front view now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Vigo,

Love that profile of the woman, --evil headdress going on there. I like that despite the tight rendering, you managed to still put some movement in there. The robot in comparison may look somewhat rigid although i like the little trinkets and gears all over him. Sheesh, can't even see the lines of the pen in the shading, very meticulous. Keep it up, man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man you've come a long way...props on that...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is the third and final drawing for my snowboard project. It's the largest drawing I took on thus far and really challenged me. I hope you guys like it.. Let, me know what you think.. your comments and crits are always welcome.

AIRBORN

SketchBook

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's beautiful, Rob. I love it. if you want to know there are some things which probably not perfect, but I don't want any changes in this picture. Motion, cloth folds, dramatic values, I love it all. The style is very bold, it talks in a very precise, open, confident manner. The things that might be not perfect are the length of legs, especially the stretched leg, and the hands they are parallel. But for me, it's nothing, I love it just the way it is. I wish to see the figure surrounding by something though.
    Well, anyway, it is a beauty.

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful work of art man,
    Really nice rendering you did there.The feel is tight yet it flows and is in dynamic rythm.I would like it better if you could post a larger pic of the third one.
    Much love.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are looking really nice Vigostar. I really like that last one. Great movement in that one. I'm looking forward to seeing them as snowboard designs.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve- thanks so much... your words are always to kind... Thanks for the crit as well.. now that you mention it they do look a bit long... thanks fo stopping by

bhanu- thanks. I'll try and get a larger version up tonight when i get home.

Infini- thanks Ian nice to see you around.

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Rob - We already discussed these a bit, but just wanted to reiterate how badass it is that you are really stepping up your game. If I had to crit one thing on the last drawing, is that I would have modified even more from the reference. Perhaps give some textile design to her clothing that mirrors the mech structure on her. Really cool though..keep this up!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very,very clean man, cool gesture on the AIRBORN.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow vigo, first time I see a BIC rendering so tight.
    I particularly like the head dress design of the lady, her cheekbone seems a little too flat though. Just my two cents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work dude - I like all 3, but the last is my fav. I might you in person finally in Montreal : )

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.