Art: Tristan Elwell (UPDATE 5/11: NEW SITE)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,020 Posts

Tristan Elwell (UPDATE 5/11: NEW SITE)

*EDIT*: My new website is up with tons of old and new work, check it out at tristanelwell.com!
    Also, I've merged several other threads into this one, so it's not just book covers any more.

Greetings, all. It's been ages since I actually posted any work, rather than making snarky comments about other people's. To make up for that, here's some new stuff now, with more to follow soon.

First, Fire Horse. A publisher saw the piece I had done a few years back of the girl on horseback with the red background and thought something similar would be perfect for this book. The challenge was to do something that wasn't too similar . This is oil on illustration board, 12" x 24" (it's a wraparound, including the flaps).

Name:  Firehorse.jpg
Views: 30702
Size:  84.9 KB

These are the covers for the first two books in a series about a mystery solving witch. Sort of Bewitched meets Murder She Wrote. The original painting for the first one is in the book section of the Society of Illustrators annual show, which starts next week if anybody wants to check it out. Both are oil on board, 14.5" x 9".

Witch Way to Murder
    Name:  Witch_Way_To_Murder.jpg
Views: 30054
Size:  61.6 KB

Charmed to Death
    Name:  DamsgaardII.jpg
Views: 29911
Size:  83.6 KB

Last edited by Elwell; May 10th, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 24