Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks

Chauncey wins the award for dump first posted! Hooray!

Wow!!! you beat my ass with your page domination... I draw WAY too slow, and one of the pages i was crashing out on... chauncey rocked this set out with the poise and savy of a true mastermind.

several of these are such gorgeous studies! dropping my jewels tomorrow, before i destroy them inadvertently in a last ditch effort to save the universe.

joel

P.S. As i think tomorrow's post will confirm, this was also among my favorite dissection chauncey ... it's almost as if the specimen has simply fallen asleep, a truly ethereal experience to witness first hand.
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 15th, 2006 at 12:19 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    []these are my sketches from bodies; i had a blast everyone![]

+++ +++
    CATL SKetch Group Fridge!! Fresh and Pasture-ized milkings straight from the field!!

+++ +++
    CATL SKetch Group Fridge!! Fresh and Pasture-ized milkings straight from the field!!

+++ +++

+++ +++

+++ +++

+++ +++

+++ +++

Thanks
    The Sean and The Sea: Man, you couldn't stop this guy - he was cranking from one corpse to the next...nice, clean work...

The Gugg: That sketch of the half-head/single lung is by far my favorite of the set (...I say that with much awe of the skinless hand you were able to manifest)...

Nofingers: When you get your stuff up here, I owe you a buck-seventy-five of positive comments for dropping me off at my car...

I'll get my stuff up here tonight, when work settles...Lots of studies from the volleyballer...and perhaps my little freestyle session from when the gawker blockage swung into full gear...

-AD

Thanks

Awesomeness

Gugg: Told ya I'd post this week! Now I just gotta get stuff in my damn near defunct sketchbook thread. Yours turned out great! Soon you shall teach me to release my fear of ink. My favorite crosssection was the head with the lungs as well. I didn't get a chance to put it in the drawing, but I think she was a smoker. There were black dots peppered all over the lung and even on the bronchial (probably misspelled) tubes. The hand you drew is awesome too. Mind if I take a stab repainting it? I'm thinkin' this merits one mo' trip up there. It's an experience you definately can't get from a figure drawing class.

AnalogDoll: Thank you for the props! Lookin' forward to our next meet at the zoo (you gettin' this Guug?)

Nofingers: For a person who has to draw with his feet you got mad skillz. Christy Brown would be proud! Lookin forward to seing your studies up here!

Peace y'all
    seansea
    old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    haha chauncey, sure man, it's no problem...noone (besides me) has ever painted over one of my sketches--> will be looking forward to seeing how that works!

trevor, eric, what the hell? hehehe POST EM NOW BITCHES OR THE CATL SACRIFICIAL LAMB GETS EUTHANIZED

Thanks
    Hot damn, you guys are impatient...although i have been slow, so here is my junk.
    First is some stuff i did on the train, that is supposed to be joel on the left
    here are the things i drew at the bodies exhibit. I think i may have killed them with the colored pencil though

Note to sketchgroup: If you guys see me start to draw in with colored pencils and I am about to kill a drawing, feel free to execute a roundhouse kick to my jugular and throw the pencil 4000 feet in the air so i don't ruin anything. thank you in advance

analogdoll....you are the odd man out, unless you post your stuff, so get to it, and you can just write me a check for that $1.75
    Last edited by nofingers; May 15th, 2006 at 04:59 PM.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    hotness trevor,
    my favorite being the hips study... quickly done, all that. keep on rocking that earthbound in the freeworld

yes, i am the weirdo wearing the toboggan in may

j

Thanks
    At Don Pablo's I showed some of you a sketch that I'd been working on for the weekly C.O.W. subject. Well, I finally finished the damn thing. Turned out pretty well. Here's the link to the "Finally Finished" forum where it's posted:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...442#post858442

Thanks
    Well, well, well - Captain H.R. Shovenstuff - Permission to come aboard?

Firstly, Wes: That C.O.W really turned out solid. You did an excellent job capturing the "precious metals" quality of the creature...Love the colorwork...

Nofingers: Your portrait of Gugg sketched in a jerky train is great...He's giving you that "So, you don't like shellfish" face...I don't know how you managed with all the traffic in the "cardio corridor", but those hearts are "pumpin'" to borrow from the Blacked Eyed Peas (now, I can return that to them...)...BTW, I made a donation for $1.75 in your name to help fund public art projects in the Atlanta Metro area...

Secondly, I wish I could say that the long wait to get my sketches up would be well-rewarded for you faithful CATL-prods...Sadly, I have but this humble set to include...I accomplished what I sought to accomplish at Body Worlds, while still drumming up a laundry list of things to work on:

We begin with a study of The Thinker...Thankfully the benches were directly across from the figure...Unfortunately, every patron crowded around the front and I was forced to sketch in what I could see between legs and underneath armpits...The two shapes on the left were sketched in near-darkness and represent the veins and the veins and arties in the human leg (suspended in some gelatinous fluid - no meat, not bone)...Nofingers, check 'em - all the veins are there...The arm studies are from The Volleyballer...

Here we have the "exploded ass" of The Volleyballer - man, they cut that guy apart - a study from an example of biomechanical prosthetic surgery, and a study of the severed back, shoulder, and arm...The brainy thing over the flower pot...Who knows where that comes from...It was late in the experience...

As always, you guys make me want to do more, stay focused, and push - which is the whole purpose of this pursuit...Looking forward to the next group...

-AD
    Last edited by AnalogDoll; May 16th, 2006 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks
    Got some purdy studies going on there. I think you may have missed a few blood vessels in those legs though. I here that nervous system plant makes a delicious tea, and brains are good raw. Thinker: "Hmmm, now where did I put my skin?"

Artifex: that flinthulk is dope. nothing better than flaming hot drool
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    "Exploded ass"? Oh man, I just don't even know what to say to that. Did the exhibit ever say who it was that was demented enough to say to themselves, "I've got a good idea! I'll dissect and preserve bodies playing volleyball!" ?

AD - What is your avatar from? It looks freakin sweet!

Thanks
    Nofingers: Yeah, you're right. I'm about 6 off the mark...

Artifex: Man, it's hard to explain the reasoning behind what those mad doktors did...

"Hey, let's take off that muscle, that muscle, and that one too."
    "Sir, are you certain? He's playing volleyball. Do we really need to open his gluteus maximus in such a fashion?"
    "Dammit! I'm the Doktor here. You do what I say and you make certain it will be especially difficult for someone to explain to another!"

The avatar is an undead concept from the upcoming Soul of the Ultimate Nation MMO from Webzen... I tried to find a link to the full image, but the site where it lives is having issues today...

Thanks

The Babes of B&N

Just got back from the B&N where Trevor, Joel and I got some good sketch time in. Personally, I was working on comic-style ladies after reading a particularly good book on the subject. Here's the two I did today:

This one is definitely showing influence from NoFingers crispy new Pin-Up book he snagged at the B&N.

And since Joel asked, here's my working design for the front page of my new site:

I'm going to likely add some icky creature to snuggle up to the schoolgirl above, along with a backpack and some other goodies. Probably going to render some more of the abstract background to read as the girl being on a subway or monorail. The rhomboid shapes behind her remind me of the windows on such things. Whatcha think?

Thanks
    Very nice work Wes....your lady and all curvy and sexy-like. I especially like the second one. That splash page should be cool as well. I will edit this post later and post some of my stuff from tonight.

EDIT: So her is my crap....I was out of it and i think i tried too hard...not loose like they should be

Last edited by nofingers; May 24th, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    nofingers: Man, get those sketches of Joel up. Everyone must witness the divine floppiness of that knit hat. Oh, and stop doing google searches for Russian brides after your infatuation paroxysm last night. heheheheeh

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast