Sketchbook: CATL SKetch Group Fridge!! Fresh and Pasture-ized milkings straight from the field!! - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chauncey wins the award for dump first posted! Hooray!

Wow!!! you beat my ass with your page domination... I draw WAY too slow, and one of the pages i was crashing out on... chauncey rocked this set out with the poise and savy of a true mastermind.

several of these are such gorgeous studies! dropping my jewels tomorrow, before i destroy them inadvertently in a last ditch effort to save the universe.

joel

P.S. As i think tomorrow's post will confirm, this was also among my favorite dissection chauncey ... it's almost as if the specimen has simply fallen asleep, a truly ethereal experience to witness first hand.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 15th, 2006 at 01:19 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    []these are my sketches from bodies; i had a blast everyone![]

+++ +++
    CATL SKetch Group Fridge!! Fresh and Pasture-ized milkings straight from the field!!

+++ +++
    CATL SKetch Group Fridge!! Fresh and Pasture-ized milkings straight from the field!!

+++ +++

+++ +++

+++ +++

+++ +++

+++ +++

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Sean and The Sea: Man, you couldn't stop this guy - he was cranking from one corpse to the next...nice, clean work...

The Gugg: That sketch of the half-head/single lung is by far my favorite of the set (...I say that with much awe of the skinless hand you were able to manifest)...

Nofingers: When you get your stuff up here, I owe you a buck-seventy-five of positive comments for dropping me off at my car...

I'll get my stuff up here tonight, when work settles...Lots of studies from the volleyballer...and perhaps my little freestyle session from when the gawker blockage swung into full gear...

-AD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Awesomeness

Gugg: Told ya I'd post this week! Now I just gotta get stuff in my damn near defunct sketchbook thread. Yours turned out great! Soon you shall teach me to release my fear of ink. My favorite crosssection was the head with the lungs as well. I didn't get a chance to put it in the drawing, but I think she was a smoker. There were black dots peppered all over the lung and even on the bronchial (probably misspelled) tubes. The hand you drew is awesome too. Mind if I take a stab repainting it? I'm thinkin' this merits one mo' trip up there. It's an experience you definately can't get from a figure drawing class.

AnalogDoll: Thank you for the props! Lookin' forward to our next meet at the zoo (you gettin' this Guug?)

Nofingers: For a person who has to draw with his feet you got mad skillz. Christy Brown would be proud! Lookin forward to seing your studies up here!

Peace y'all
    seansea

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha chauncey, sure man, it's no problem...noone (besides me) has ever painted over one of my sketches--> will be looking forward to seeing how that works!

trevor, eric, what the hell? hehehe POST EM NOW BITCHES OR THE CATL SACRIFICIAL LAMB GETS EUTHANIZED

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hot damn, you guys are impatient...although i have been slow, so here is my junk.
    First is some stuff i did on the train, that is supposed to be joel on the left
    here are the things i drew at the bodies exhibit. I think i may have killed them with the colored pencil though

Note to sketchgroup: If you guys see me start to draw in with colored pencils and I am about to kill a drawing, feel free to execute a roundhouse kick to my jugular and throw the pencil 4000 feet in the air so i don't ruin anything. thank you in advance

analogdoll....you are the odd man out, unless you post your stuff, so get to it, and you can just write me a check for that $1.75

Last edited by nofingers; May 15th, 2006 at 05:59 PM.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hotness trevor,
    my favorite being the hips study... quickly done, all that. keep on rocking that earthbound in the freeworld

yes, i am the weirdo wearing the toboggan in may

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    At Don Pablo's I showed some of you a sketch that I'd been working on for the weekly C.O.W. subject. Well, I finally finished the damn thing. Turned out pretty well. Here's the link to the "Finally Finished" forum where it's posted:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...442#post858442

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, well, well - Captain H.R. Shovenstuff - Permission to come aboard?

Firstly, Wes: That C.O.W really turned out solid. You did an excellent job capturing the "precious metals" quality of the creature...Love the colorwork...

Nofingers: Your portrait of Gugg sketched in a jerky train is great...He's giving you that "So, you don't like shellfish" face...I don't know how you managed with all the traffic in the "cardio corridor", but those hearts are "pumpin'" to borrow from the Blacked Eyed Peas (now, I can return that to them...)...BTW, I made a donation for $1.75 in your name to help fund public art projects in the Atlanta Metro area...

Secondly, I wish I could say that the long wait to get my sketches up would be well-rewarded for you faithful CATL-prods...Sadly, I have but this humble set to include...I accomplished what I sought to accomplish at Body Worlds, while still drumming up a laundry list of things to work on:

We begin with a study of The Thinker...Thankfully the benches were directly across from the figure...Unfortunately, every patron crowded around the front and I was forced to sketch in what I could see between legs and underneath armpits...The two shapes on the left were sketched in near-darkness and represent the veins and the veins and arties in the human leg (suspended in some gelatinous fluid - no meat, not bone)...Nofingers, check 'em - all the veins are there...The arm studies are from The Volleyballer...

Here we have the "exploded ass" of The Volleyballer - man, they cut that guy apart - a study from an example of biomechanical prosthetic surgery, and a study of the severed back, shoulder, and arm...The brainy thing over the flower pot...Who knows where that comes from...It was late in the experience...

As always, you guys make me want to do more, stay focused, and push - which is the whole purpose of this pursuit...Looking forward to the next group...

-AD

Last edited by AnalogDoll; May 16th, 2006 at 02:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got some purdy studies going on there. I think you may have missed a few blood vessels in those legs though. I here that nervous system plant makes a delicious tea, and brains are good raw. Thinker: "Hmmm, now where did I put my skin?"

Artifex: that flinthulk is dope. nothing better than flaming hot drool

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Exploded ass"? Oh man, I just don't even know what to say to that. Did the exhibit ever say who it was that was demented enough to say to themselves, "I've got a good idea! I'll dissect and preserve bodies playing volleyball!" ?

AD - What is your avatar from? It looks freakin sweet!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nofingers: Yeah, you're right. I'm about 6 off the mark...

Artifex: Man, it's hard to explain the reasoning behind what those mad doktors did...

"Hey, let's take off that muscle, that muscle, and that one too."
    "Sir, are you certain? He's playing volleyball. Do we really need to open his gluteus maximus in such a fashion?"
    "Dammit! I'm the Doktor here. You do what I say and you make certain it will be especially difficult for someone to explain to another!"

The avatar is an undead concept from the upcoming Soul of the Ultimate Nation MMO from Webzen... I tried to find a link to the full image, but the site where it lives is having issues today...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Babes of B&N

Just got back from the B&N where Trevor, Joel and I got some good sketch time in. Personally, I was working on comic-style ladies after reading a particularly good book on the subject. Here's the two I did today:

This one is definitely showing influence from NoFingers crispy new Pin-Up book he snagged at the B&N.

And since Joel asked, here's my working design for the front page of my new site:

I'm going to likely add some icky creature to snuggle up to the schoolgirl above, along with a backpack and some other goodies. Probably going to render some more of the abstract background to read as the girl being on a subway or monorail. The rhomboid shapes behind her remind me of the windows on such things. Whatcha think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work Wes....your lady and all curvy and sexy-like. I especially like the second one. That splash page should be cool as well. I will edit this post later and post some of my stuff from tonight.

EDIT: So her is my crap....I was out of it and i think i tried too hard...not loose like they should be

Last edited by nofingers; May 24th, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nofingers: Man, get those sketches of Joel up. Everyone must witness the divine floppiness of that knit hat. Oh, and stop doing google searches for Russian brides after your infatuation paroxysm last night. heheheheeh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my loot:
    +++ warm-up binder clip rendering +++

+++ FACE JAM + portrait of nofingers trevor in profile +++
    ha ha ha so many girls around i don't think they noticed i was drawing them though...too caught up in the coffee and chit-chat i think.

+++ russian black blobbed face +++
    got her just before a wardrobe change...grrrrrrr....

"...blacking out your face was a great time, let's do it again."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tonight on Fox: When Loitering Russian Female Teens Attack!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wes--> i really like the wip on your site design--> looks so nice and clean... very very nice.

trev--> true.
    hahaha
    -joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All - As usual, there seemed to be quite a bit of inspiration "on display" as it were...

This is one of those occasions I kick myself for maintaining employment and not simply cultivating a life of transient activity, foul smells, fighting over food scraps, patchy clothes, and plenty of time to create - often using sticks or whatever "materials" I may come across in my daily hunts for loose change and urban fowl...

Great work, friends. Great work.

Wesifex: The site looks to be coming along. Can't wait to see the final design up and running.

GuggenM: The very mysterious rendering of the girl with the pinky skin grabs me solidly - She didn't change her wardrobe to become that icky dark-haired girl from "The Ring" by chance? Sadako - for all you purists out there? I can see that inky mess of hairy crawling out of a TV set...(shivers)...

NoFs: That's a lot of studies of The Gugg...Maybe, one study too many...I've seen this happen before...Next meeting Trev shows up wearing a sock hat...Meeting after that, Joel goes missing....Meeting after that, Joel returns...but he's much taller...and his hair is much lighter...and he drives a big "outta my way, peck" truck...I've said too much...must...go...into...hiding...

Yours in the underground,
    -AtlasDamage

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gugg's Pad

Started out @ Barnes & Nobles, migrated to Steak N' Shake and ended up @ Gugg's lair. The man has the most obscure/bizzare record collection ever!

Sketchjam...

Started off as a smoking parrot, and ended up a space pimp. This is the road smoking takes you down. You have been warned.

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, seansea managed to beat me to the post, but here goes. Images from stuff I've been working on a bit this morning, and stuff from the CATL meet a gug's place. 3...2...1...Morte!

Was reading Stephen R. Donaldson's "Thomas Covenant Chronicles" again, so that's where the sans-two-fingers Covenant comes from, as well as the "beware" bum.

Chick reaching for the ring started out as a random arc on the page. Trying to work with extreme posing in that one. The alien slave girl's leash will be held in the mouth of the nasty creature hinted at in the background, once it's finished. Likely to paint that one up. The floating plates around her are animated armor pieces either going on or coming off--not decided yet.

Thanks so much to Trevor for the erupting phallus in the last group picture. Truly sets the tone for Brokeback Sketchgroup.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work everyone....I always have fun hangin with you crazy guys

Artifex: you're welcome

I will edit in some art tomorrow...need sleep

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WTF?!?!?!? THESE artists were at my house like literally 2 minutes ago!!!

(thanks for the advice thoughts crits on my portfolio guys!)

pld: Hpld: Opld: Lpld: Ypld: Hpld: Epld: L pld: L pld:

HOW did you get them posted so fast???

A R T I F E X !--->YR sketchbook must be like 2 scans or more per page... How YOU Get them posted so fast!?!?!? frigging amazing! i know you live near here, but DAMN. the portrait of the guy in the top middle looks really good... your pencil style is majorly inspiring...good definition you are getting! Ok... some thoughts on everyone's favorite bunny suit freaky skull looking babe... a serious suggestion this time... maybe try to slim her form down to just some geometry and then maybe take that to a cybernetic kind of level... try to keep things all 3dish and functional though...keep that glove she's wearing...awesome detail in there! god these pages you're doing are looking sweet... i had no idea about that first page... dern it didn't get a good look at the mad progress i'm seeing! Dude that B-movie houseparty thing sounds like a total blast!!! oh god that's gonna be fun cept, it'd have to be like 5-7 hours of hanging just to get the proper amount of movies and drawing in hehehe ... mad sketchbook pages to bust through... ZOO TRIP! i had no idea that this page was horizontal... yikes...

seansea--> damn man your pencils keep getting better and better... THe birds are looking cool, this page in particular stands out as particularly nice... like that kind of old school comics looking style you've got going in there...reminds me of really cool comic book artists's work from back in the day! It's funny on this one someone turned my skull's eye into a shirt collar for baby buzzard birdhead to poke his head out of. anyways, good looking work man; you know i got lots of respect--> WE totally gots to kick out the motha fucking ink jam sometime soon! will be calling ya, ok? should i try to have some pencil sketches on bristol ready for that time?

nice sketches guys...guess i'll have to break my panicked-little-vow of pre worshop image-constipation and drop mine tomorrow at work

had a great time tonight! can't wait for the zoo trip... now that you guys know where i live you can come visit to hang, get wasted, and DRAW DRAW DRAW!

After you all left rosco and i found a kingsnake out on my back porch. adorable!

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gug: seansea beat me to posting last night. No idea how he managed that unless he used the computer at your place. Thanks for the crits, too. I'm going to take your advice on the slave girl. Probably going to do some circuit-ish skinning over her body, following the lines of the anatomy in places. Have to see how that looks.

As far as how i got the overlarges done:

1. scan one side, then the other.
    2. paste them both into a larger format image
    3. change top one's opacity to 50%, and line up the bottom.
    4. Edit-->Transform-->Rotate
    5. move the rotation axis to the bottom where it's lined up, zoom into the top that isn't lined up, and adjust.
    6. Adjust opacity back to 100%, and Flatten image.
    7. Save copies under "Save for Web..."

Boom. all done in about 5 min, tops, with originals saved at 200dpi.

Kingsnake? You talking about nofinger's treatment of the group tree above?

Somebody's gotta get the tentacle ceiling posted soon, and AD's Pike's Nursery poster child.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my loot from last night... had a great time everyone! thanks for the invaluable input into my portfolio btw... muchly muchly appreciated. and thanks for humoring my desire to learn ventriloquism.

+++ not sure why, +++
    but i'm expirementing right now with upward cast light on faces... like that look. the bag on the right side is that of ANALOG DOLL from our CATL SKETCHGROUP MEETING last night...Had an awesome time...I got to weird everyone out with my record collection. AWESOME!

+++ people eating at steak n shake +++
    her lip, it really, really did that... i couldn't get the age right on the lady here for some reason... guess i needed to start at a darker middle tone and then erase in some highlights...maybe that would have helped. pencil is a lot of fun but i don't know what i'm doing.

+++ i started this one out +++
    i wasn't trying to draw marko, but somehow when my sb came back around that's how dude ended up lookin. Marko with a parasitic tiny-faced twin.

scary stuff.

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man, i missed the brain-vacuum puppy from this last night. classic! Strangely enough, even though it's quite simple, one of the parts I find most compelling here is the cliff-like edges on the left. Not sure why, but it seems to fit for some reason.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think the brain puppy is one part steiner, one part trevor... thoughts?

hehehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    i think the brain puppy is one part steiner, one part trevor... thoughts?
    You should see the laboratory NoFs and I have going...Right now, we're calculating the exact speed and trajectory of exploded ass...

BTW - little known fact - the volleyball used in the Bodies Exhibit in "The Volleyballer" (yes, he of exploded ass fame) had a previous life as a stunt double for "Wilson" from Castaway...look at the bloody handprint, man - they're the same...

Anyway, here's the loot:

#1) What started out as Porcus, Italian Space Prince (thanks to Guggengroovin's musical choice of the evening - "Sammy....Sammy...Sammy...Oooooo....Eeeeee.... Bu-weeeeoooooo....Sammmy") quickly became: Grasstonius, The Chemlawn Guy...

#2) This is what was left of my "Anatomical Freestyle" when all the gawkers started getting in the way of my view at the Bodies Exhibit...I don't know where it's going exactly, but after last night (and a rousing set from my new fav vocalist PEACHES) I decided to abandon him/her/it temporarily, until I can wrestle up some time to spend with him/her/it at a later date...

On a curious side-note, my wife apparently downloaded a few PEACHES songs while I was at the meeting last night and asked me this evening if I had ever heard of her before?

After breaking into "I don't give a shit! I don't give a shit!" I replied, "Why yes, my new friend Joel just so happened to introduce me to her last night..."

It's a strange, strange world friends...That or my wife has me bugged...Now that I think about it, I'm probably bugged...Damn...

-AgnosticDrive-thru

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    exploded ass kept me company when i found myself stranded on a desert isle some time ago. You'd be surprised at the kind of coversation you can have.

steiner this page turned out really really well! i liike hhow yr taking your time and getting each page all finished up... great looking stuff.

That's freaking crazy...coincidences and strange occurances are afoot in the shire when the CATL sketchgroup CONVENES!

HARK!

joel

P.S.
    I'm going to Rip and burn the soundtrack to 4... 3... 2... 1... MORTE! FOR you guys...

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 31st, 2006 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    i liike hhow yr taking your time and getting each page all finished up... great looking stuff.
    I wish I could say that's a result of increased care. Sadly, the meat of the matter is I hadn't picked this guy up in a while. What I enjoy about the CATL-Calls is that I don't have anything in the way of good, solid sketch time...I can pick up the old pics and take them in some different directions...

The progress I'm seeing here from everyone is a big motivator. This is a great group to work with.

As for 4... 3... 2... 1... MORTE! - it will remain in heavy rotation on my car stereo...

-Argh!Drool

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.