Corel Painter IX.5 Announced!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Corel Painter IX.5 Announced!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Corel Painter IX.5 Announced!

Greetings Painter Users:

Corel today unveiled the Corel® Painter™ IX.5 update. New enhancements in Corel Painter IX.5 include:

• Photo Painting Palettes – The new Photo Painting Palettes, including the Underpainting, Auto-Painting, and Restoration palettes, work together to help users kick-start the process of creating a beautiful hand-painted work of art from a photograph.
    • Support for Rosetta running on Intel-based Macs – Customers running the latest hardware from Apple can enjoy working with Corel Painter and their Wacom® pen tablet, including support for the Wacom Intuos® 3 and the 6D Art Pen.?
    • Eraser Tool – Conveniently located in the toolbox, the new Eraser tool erases any medium on the canvas.?
    • Rubber Stamp Tool – The Rubber Stamp tool makes it easy for users to set up point-to-point cloning. Located in the toolbox, this tool lets users set a source and destination reference point, enabling them to clone within an image file or between different areas of separate image files.?
    • Cloner Tool – Conveniently located in the toolbox, the Cloner tool provides immediate access to the last-used Cloner brush and brush variant.?
    • Corel® Paint Shop™ Pro Support for Windows Users – Users can now open Corel Paint Shop™ Pro files (versions 9 and X).?
    • Send to Corel® Photo Album™ for Windows Users – New integration makes it easy to send files to Corel Photo Album™, helping customers manage their images and paintings.

Registered Painter Customers can immediately download the Painter IX.5 Update for free.

Pricing and Availability

Designed for both Macintosh and Windows, the Corel Painter IX.5 update is available for free to registered Corel Painter IX customers. Corel Painter IX.5 is also available for purchase by new customers from www.corel.com at the suggested retail price of $429 US ($579 CDN) for the full version, $229 US ($309 CDN) for the upgrade version and $99 US ($119 CDN) for the education edition. Corel Painter IX.5 will be available through Corel's reseller partners starting in April.

More information is available at Corel's website.

Viva la Painter!

Last edited by pixlart; February 27th, 2006 at 12:44 PM.
    John Derry
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Pixels—It's all in how you arrange them!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi:

A useful new feature in Painter IX.5 is related to Tracing Paper:

Click and hold your cursor on the Tracing Paper Icon and a pop-up menu will appear that enables adjustment of Tracing Paper opacity in 10% increments.

Viva la Painter!

John Derry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Read the top paragraph on this page to see that, as of this date (March 1, 2006) the Painter IX.5 download is temporarily unavailable:

Corel Painter IX.5 Update - Windows

On the Mac download page, there isn't a similar notice so until we hear otherwise, I guess we can assume that it is available.

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On the Mac download page, there isn't a similar notice so until we hear otherwise, I guess we can assume that it is available.
    The Mac download was also temporarily unavailable prior to the Windows download unavailability.

Viva la Painter!

Last edited by pixlart; March 2nd, 2006 at 10:08 AM.
    John Derry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter IX.5 update issues

With the release of the update for Painter IX, once it got into the wild, we had a couple of issues arise, which we think are detrimental to folks using the product. So we have temporarily pulled the update for windows off of our site.

We are hoping to have the issues resolved shortly, and get the update back up on the site.

But a couple of things to take note of when installing the update.

Before installing the update, it is recommended that you back-up all of your custom brushes / palettes / materials from your user folder.

Once you have installed the update hold the shift key when starting Painter IX the first time after updating, and select 'yes' in the dialog to rebuild the workspace and reset it to the new factory defaults. There are new tools and palettes available in Painter IX.5, so this reset of the workspace will make them available.

Once you have reset the workspace, you can bring your customized elements back into Painter.

I hope this helps, and if you have further questions, please either reply here or directly to me (steve.szoczei@corel.com).

I will follow-up with a post to state when the new update is available on our site.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The new update for Windows is now available from the Corel Painter site at:
    http://www.corel.com/painterix/home/index.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am trying update painter on my mac and when i go to install the 9.1 update, i keeping getting an error when its almost complete. it says "An error prevented the update from completing" and there is this number 11500:2,-14 if that means anything. anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I installed it without any problems but I'm on windows, the brushes seem very fast almost as fast as Painter 6 if not faster and smoother, now if only Corel could make a decent, usable UI like the one on Painter 6 it would be perfect. Glad they removed the 9 finger hand from the splash screen so atrocious that logo.

Last edited by Portus; March 7th, 2006 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Boy was I in a fit of frustration till I read this post. Painter 9.5 kept crashing on me whenever I would change tools/brushes. Thank you Steve for letting us know that the update has been updated and the tip about holding the Shift Key down when starting Painter the first time to reset the default workspace. Things are happy now

Oh, I kinda liked the 9 fingered hand...hehe

Paint just jumps out at me, even the digital stuff!?
    www.fullerillustration.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.