Sketchbook: animationstudent sketch book! crit them please - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Hey, now this last one is a huge improvement from your others mainly because you are did not hesitate in putting the line down. There are still some problems with it like the transition of the line to the ankle to the foot.
    the legs are a bit short, but all in all great improvement if you don't have an anatomy book i suggest you go and check on out. So you will have more reference for placement of limbs and muscle bulges. Just keep drawing and you will get there.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    some of the first 3d animation I've done. Its nice that photobucket lets you post video now.....
    Learned a lot while working on this whole thing, this is only a little bit, it goes on for a while longer. Having a good, well constructed model is... super important and I just grabbed this lego guy from something I slaped together from my first ever modeling attempt, not the right way to do it.....

cam not set properly cuts his head off at the top of his arc....

seems fine... ball accelerates from this point onward

study some drapery for the drawing class... these are from Barbara Bradley's.. this instructor is big on the coping thing and its not bad doing it....

The start of the second two week major assignment for the drawing class. Its to design a hero, villan or clown character, which I read as being anything you want... and provide 2 roughs of an active and passive pose, also 5 gesture studies for each. Use drapery to enchance the character motion or pose.. these are the first bunch of gestures+ some paint doodles

Ashrumm~Thanks for taking the time to point out the figure issues. I am bothered by various aspects of this figure, but it was due and.. I had to stop messing with it.That foward leg is ment to be slightly bent and it is not correctly indicated in my drawing in this case resulting in it looking straightish and short, or so I think thats the issue there... and yes the ankle/foot linkage is crude. I'm not sure how to go about setting the protuding edges of the tibia/fibula correctly along with the often rather prominent achellies tendon. I made a quick print of this particular drawing, hung it on the wall... I'll stare at it often and try to figure out where I screwed up with the mass placement.

Thanks
    hehe, from a fellow animation student, congrats on getting into the world of 3d animation. If youre patient and self motivated enough (which you seem to be from all the work youre posting here) to go search the net for tutorials, then you'll start to love it too

Keep up the posting

Thanks
    Painting for Bill Cumming's class.

very annoyed with it atm..... Crit comment, or whatever on it... can't hurt at this point, worst that can happen is I'll just redraw and try again(likely the best idea)

Thanks
    More school stuff... all strange

gestures... finally we do lots of gestures, which is good

more more gestures....

gestures... of a guy in a bag~

yup... more of the guy in the bag

more of the guy in the bag, with no bag and no body this time... just his clothes

final roughs of the 2 week project, the develop a hero/clown/villan thingie... she is all 3 or whatever you like depending on your current point of view(seriously the crit included me fixing the lack of obvious hero, villan or clowness in these) will change somewhat for the final, need to bring up the folds, and get some hero or clown or villianness in there.....
    right crit comment or whatever you think on them!

Thanks
    paint doodles origional poses from Barbara Bradley's work

Trying to fix the clown/hero/villian character... making up a costume for here and an altered pose to support it.

Thanks

This weeks master copy for drawing class.. one of Hokusai's draped figures.

Thanks
    Good study's here, i see ut improving a lot, anatomy is going forward.
    Do u do 2D or 3D animation? I'm a 3D student, so just curious Great
    to see photobucket lets u post movies now! cool stuff to use soon
    Is the roling ball with grafity or something, or did u just keyframed it?
    With which program do u work by the way, Maya?
    Well keep up the studys'!

Thanks
    Great progression from the beginning to the end! I can see that alot of the things are coming together for you. Your figures aren't fully believable yet which I think may be a result of not knowing the anatomy well enough. Proportions are off in many of them but hey, that'll come with time.

You have a storyboard class?? I just finished 1st year animation at my school but it looks like we covered different areas. I had drama, lots of life drawing, principals of drawing, water media(colour theory), oil painting, a animation history class, and a design and composition, class as well. Mostly lots of life drawing. (10hrs a week)

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Still messing around with that silly clown/hero/villian project, Its like I'm stuck just screwing with it. I mean the pose needs to change the costume needs to change... and the whole point of this is just to draw in graphite some drapery and folds....Anyway I'll try to force it back more toward something like what the instructor requested.

Jeroart~Thanks for commenting....I'm trying to make use of the anatomy studies as much as I can. I would rather work in 2D, but thats just me and there is no market for it so, I suppose I'm going to be a 3d animator if anything once I'm done.Rolling ball was produced to the instructors specifications, which is use 3D max and use the "Auto key" feature(move it, look at what max did to it, go and fix what max did for as long as it takes or until you go nuts).

Otherside~ hey! its always nice to see other animators around here! Yes I took my storyboarding class already, no we don't draw for 10 hours a week, well I do, but its not required by the school. Never seen anyone here paint with oils, as near as I can tell I'm the only one to use watercolor, but there have to be other folk around who do... its to easy to mess with.We did have an animation history class... which climaxed in us grouping up and making some paperpuppet animation, which really was the most fun thing I think I've done at the school~ by the way which school are you at?and do you have a sketchbook here? so I can poke around it!

Thanks

The project is to bounce this thing and make the tail work with it.....
    what a pain in the ass max is this took a really long time. really could have done something much more productive with that time. In any event It needs more work the tail animation isn't complete and I think some of the up/down surges maybe off once they are tied to the tail's movements... I hate 3d...

Thanks
    One thing that seems to be majorly consistant through out your figurative work is your sense of proportion. I do notice alot of tiny heads or torsos too long, even though they are sketches do do your best to correct proportional errors as much as you can, it will help you notice them more. Also keep goin on the anatomy studies, they are startin to look good.

Thanks
    The end of the draped clown/villan/hero thing.....no more time to mess with it.

HI Matt! thanks for taking the time to look at all this stuff.Thanks for the proportion reminder.Your right of course.. and I think it shouldn't be to hard to correct some habits I have and measure correctly.

Thanks
    This week it is study facial features and the general forms of the head, also emotions are supposed to be done , but I havent' gotten to those yet....

all from Bridgeman

from various photos/illustrators... no offense if your one of those sources!

actual people and their features....

Thanks
    you've seen monster house haven't you

Thanks

The old lady with advanced lentigo maligna melanoma

background featuring a concrete pillow

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Whoa, I love the wacky perspective in that last piece. Tripped out.

Good work here. Keep up the life drawing and anatomy studies.

I'm also a 2D animation student!

Thanks

Digital work for the past 2ish weeks.

Today's work.

Today in class, But, this would be about where I would start to paint.

Thanks
    Fast Robot designs for class....

and some doodles...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.