ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> ChOW - Leader of the Special Unit Jungle Force
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> ChOW - Leader of the Special Unit Jungle Force

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> ChOW - Leader of the Special Unit Jungle Force

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day

Storyline:

The year 2446 CE

Mankind and its technology have advanced at an exponential rate, however trivial political, religious and social demands have caused the splintering of former superpowers into smaller nation states, pitting themselves against each in a number of minor conflicts.

Since 2395 a minimum of 27 conflicts, hostile incursions and border disputes have been raging in various confined areas across the planets surface, sparking a new global economy.
    Covenants of major corporations have banded together in various factions and are now the true international players, feeding the ever increasing demand of new weapons technology.
    The change in style of warfare has rendered weapons of mass destruction virtually useless increasing an appetite for more unconventional weapon systems, specifically the VidaNova Corporations newest developments in the field of creating new species of animals bred for specific purposes.

The idea behind this new move is too harness the animals natural intelligence, sensory abilities, and ability to traverse difficult terrain. They are currently working on models for civilian implementation, ranging from beasts of burden for remote areas to leisure models as pets. However there have been worrying reports of certain products escaping from captivity, and having unexpected effects on the flora and fauna they interact with, conspiracy theorists place blame on a huge range of subjects, ranging from the Cytarabinoside used in manipulating metabolic pathways in the animals, to mother earth resting control back from humanity to satan himself.
    Some minor political and religious groups are already rallying, trying to bring this series of unnerving events to the public eye, wild rumors and conspiracy theories are already calling this the 8th day of creation.

Topic:
    Leader of the Special Unit Jungle Force

Description:
    Leader of the Special Unit Jungle Force - specialized on hunting down escaped and mutated creatures. These guys are called when there is trouble with escaped creatures preventing attacks and damage caused by them. We need a charismatic leader, strong-willed, professional and cold-blooded - one who will survive in the jungle and accomplishes his mission under any circumstances. Of course he must be presented in the special units battle dress.

Deadline:
    Sunday, 05th March 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Linked weekly activities:

EOW
    - Environment Of The Week
    VidaNova Corporation - Genetics and Biological Materials Department - Site C
    LINK: EOW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

IDW - Industrial Design Of The Week
    Mother Machine
    LINK: IDW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

COW - Creature Of The Week
    Mounted Predator For Hunters
    LINK: COW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

Link to the campaigns main thread:
    main thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

Last edited by Fozzybar; February 26th, 2006 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    battle dress??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Character brief refers to "him" -- is that the "generic" pronoun or is the gender actually specified as male?

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by possessed
    battle dress??
    Probably a military suit--camouflage or something...

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "battle dress" means a combat uniform

I'm not so good with the advice...Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

my painting blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hell yeah! That'll be great! Cant wait to see what y'all bring! Gotta go to work!

Last edited by neoknocker; February 26th, 2006 at 02:41 PM.
    Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it does say "him". can we edit that, it allows for us to draw a woman or man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    him is generic, it can be male or female

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great idea this cohesion! Especially i like chow and eow topics. Maybe I find time on it.

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    he or she, i don't care...no exploding tits btw

as for the battle dress...sorry if it's confusing, i looked up in the dictionary, and yes i mean a combat uniform...we need a blush icon...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    no exploding tits btw
    I have to imagine that in 2446 exploding tits have been invented....damn it
    *crumples up sketch and starts over*

This is what I have so far. Its just my character design page, not my final composition. My idea is that this elite junge hunt group will travel mainly by route of the tree canopy. They use their gliding membranes to travel from tree to tree and repel down to the forest floor to strike. Obviously the leader shown has had some body mods himself to make him more capable in the jungle. Lightly armored and equiped with therm optic camoflauge. The pack will have diverse weapons, but his favorite is the ignitor kukri. Final composition WIP coming soon. I'm really excited about this project.

Seems the world is against me on this one. I wont have time to further my efforts on this project. Purhaps the fates may change, but for now I'm out on this one. Good luck folks.

Last edited by Hookswords; March 1st, 2006 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, yea I can definitely see this being a cool character Hookswords. However, Id suggest a shorter hairstyle, something more militarisitic, crew cut, high and tight, whatever you wanna call it. I really like the guerrilla camo paint though and the scouting falcon is an excellent idea. Can't wait to see this thing as it progresses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i must take part in this
    i only hope i have the time due to the fact that im moving this week
    hmmm ill just stay up extra late and nap on my lunch breaks
    that oughtta do it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus
    However, Id suggest a shorter hairstyle, something more militarisitic, crew cut, high and tight, whatever you wanna call it.
    Nexus, any one who knows anything knows that the crew cut was destroyed in the great fires after the war of 2406. Jeez, read your VidaNova supplied "History as we tell you to know it" manual.

The hair is part of his mods and camo. I've a lot in my head that isnt on the page. I know most people might be thinking a hard military group, but it is open to inturpritation. Crew cuts dont appear in the natural flora and fauna of the jungle that I know of, but in 2446 I could be gravely mistaken. Thanks for the encouragment, I think everyone is really excited about this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First sketch!

Ok, I had written all the details on the picture, but my scanner doesn't like my pencils, so the notes disappeared.

That thing on her nose is an implant - still haven't decided what it does.
    In case you can't tell, she has two stripe-like scars on her face (and many more all over her body), caused by one of the creatures that she captured when she was still a rookie.

I figured I could go crazy with the technology stuff, considering we're 4 centuries ahead, so here's her equipment:

- the fabric on her jumper-like suit changes color according to her environment;

- she carries a plasma gun (conveniently hidden in that angle - I'm gun design-challenged);

- at some point, I'll design some sort of entrapment gadget - I figure some of the fugitive beasts will be too valuable to be destroyed;

- the visor on her helmet captures scent signatures, and the ear piece protects her from sonic blasts (she learned her lesson when going after a creature that nearly made her deaf);

- her arm pieces carry the controls for her gadgets and weapons (no wires needed; come on, it's the 25th century!)

As it is, I think she looks too plain.... what do you guys think?

I thought of adding stuff like tattoos, hair accessories... but tattoos won't show up (my warriors like to be protected from all those clawy critters); and she's too practical to wear jewelry or other adornments... help?

What signature?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my W.I.P. Genetically engineered insects would make good military weapons.

Updated. I'll do colors if there's time.

Final

For thousands of years, humans have been changing animals to serve our own purposes. This specialized Jungle Force leader is equipped with the latest innovations from the Vida Nova Corp. His equipment includes the following:

Dragonfly Rifle spliced with the genes of a Bombardier Beetle
    Scorpion and Millipede Armor
    Wasp Wing Machete
    Insect Egg Grenades
    Spider Web Net for recapture
    Fashionable Beetle Boots

Last edited by Larriva Art; March 3rd, 2006 at 12:49 PM.

W!L is offline Level Up - All Access Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi.. here is mine so far.. . i dont liek it.. was just tiredly painting after doing a few ideas for COW.. . Basically its a bloke with a long moustache. looks like a biker. with a headband... yeah back to the drawing boards i think... his leg armour i sort of like but isnt all that original. i figured it would be pretty hot in jungle so he doesnt wear that much. also the torso armour is an optic camouflauge unit that can basically make him invisible by bending light.. that technology already exists its just actyually works in the future... he has an mechanical eye capable of binocular vision and night vision and all that jazz. he wears tight clothing as you dont really want baggy camoflage getting caught on the foliage. he carries two guns. light weight and powerful with all different functions. ermm and thats about it.. basically designed for fast stealth killing like a ninja.. anyway maybe more to come maybe not.. think i will work on a girl version..

Last edited by W!L; February 28th, 2006 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    VampireHungerStrike, I fucking like where that is going. Im seeing some good stuff so far, but as it stands that is the most creative. I can see this guy in hues of muted reds and glossy purples, scorpid/centipede colors. I am really liking the dragonfly rifle. My only crit would be to make him a little more battleworn, scars, stubble, dirt. Currently he looks fresh as a daisy after sitting inside the air conditioned base all day. Course plenty of time for little details like that. Good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    edit
    really, I just wanted to do a picture of a woman in Power-Armour getting ready to kill somethin' with a sharp object...
    final

Last edited by Jonoy; March 5th, 2006 at 07:41 AM.
    Only losers have signatures

woodz Gallery
    cgsociety

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jonoy- lol.. ireally like that drawing.. reminds me of scooby doo.. . the classic corridor of doors scene where all the ghosts, monsters and good guys are running in and out of te doors.. i do not know what a yowie suit is?? at mo i think he looks too much like normal trooper than leader and perhaps niot futuristic enough...

Hookswords- i like the idea alot and character design says leader .. although he looks about 12. a 12 yaer old dragon ball z fan (hair)

Amedyr- pretty nice mate... what i mean is she is pretty nice.. not a born leader.. more an avergae tennis player on the world circuit.. roughen her up a bit. and although gadgets rock i think her dress (uniform) is not all that origional or futuristic.. keep it coming.

VampireHungerStrike- i disagree with nexus.. i dont like this one (yet) I like the idea of using the insect and creature armour, but i feel it is way to in my face at moment and i am a fan of subtlety. looks like a crazy japenese superhero rather than a military leader, hunter type bloke. but i do like teh core idea so keep it coming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A yowie suit is used by snipers to camoflage themselves in whatever terrain they are in.

Only losers have signatures

woodz Gallery
    cgsociety

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's fun to learn kids!

thanks jonoy... just thought camoflage was camoflage at that was the end of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [FINAL]

Last edited by JakkaS; March 5th, 2006 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the help, W!L! You're right, she did look too bland, there...

As I tried to think of some story ideas for her (which would help me figure out details that would show through and make her look more complex), this little fellow popped up in my head:

She captured him as a mistake, and as a result, a few of her men were killed by the real target. Now she carries 'Smiley' around, so that she'll remember what her wrong decisions can do.

Is it all right to have those little details popping up in your head when you don't even know what the main character will look like yet? >_<

Ok, back to her... I took a peek at what the other groups were doing, and some of the guys over at COW made these dinossaur-like mounts, so I decided to give the character a few ancient-looking weapons (that one on her leg is a crossbow, which she uses for non-lethal purposes, mainly for capture).

All the other sketches were just trying to figure out her hair. The second head was a little character that showed up on the paper. She looks a whole lot more charismatic, doesn't she?

What signature?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    evoling nicely now Amedyr.. keep it coming.. like first head

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like a great topic, here's my entry. Now i gotta think of something for the other ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Captain Es&#233; Cortez "Stalker Lead"

Cortez is a veteran of the protracted campaigns in the equatorial jungles of Africa and Eurasia. He was head hunted by VIda Nova to head the security team at the Site C manufacture facility.

Cortez is a canny individual. He knows from bitter experience how unforgiving the jungle environment is, even more so with the introduction of weaponised micro fauna such as plague mosquito swarms. As such, he wears full cover fatigues made of ripstop microweaves. His weapon is a drum fed solid slug rail carbine with rigid tungsten loads to ensure that his quarry goes down at the first burst. The men and women under his command know him as a quiet and professional man who has saved their lives on a number of occassions.

Nice work Jakkas (as always).

Last edited by Simonl; March 5th, 2006 at 06:28 PM.
    Simon Lissaman

www.simon-lissaman.com

My portfolio review thread can be found here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jonoy- I don't think a Yowie/Gillie suit is really a necessity for what is essentially a tracker. If it fits really well with the concept, go for it, but if they're hunting down genetically altered creatures I don't think breaking up the human silhouette is going to make much of a difference.

"You may have noticed my brain is no longer pristine." - Spider Jerusalem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, the Ghillie suit was invented by gamekeepers in Scotland (Ghillie = gamekeeper) to conceal them from the animals they were hunting. So Jonoy's concept does hold up on that point.

Simon Lissaman

www.simon-lissaman.com

My portfolio review thread can be found here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my quick sketch. I figured this guy is the leader of an elite force, so he'd do just fine with blades and pistolas.

Huh, I just noticed his hair is strikingly similar to Jakass's. That's gotta go.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.