Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> COW - Mounted Predator For Hunters

Thanks

Cow ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> COW - Mounted Predator For Hunters

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> COW - Mounted Predator For Hunters

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day

Storyline:

The year 2446 CE

Mankind and its technology have advanced at an exponential rate, however trivial political, religious and social demands have caused the splintering of former superpowers into smaller nation states, pitting themselves against each in a number of minor conflicts.

Since 2395 a minimum of 27 conflicts, hostile incursions and border disputes have been raging in various confined areas across the planets surface, sparking a new global economy.
    Covenants of major corporations have banded together in various factions and are now the true international players, feeding the ever increasing demand of new weapons technology.
    The change in style of warfare has rendered weapons of mass destruction virtually useless increasing an appetite for more unconventional weapon systems, specifically the VidaNova Corporations newest developments in the field of creating new species of animals bred for specific purposes.

The idea behind this new move is too harness the animals natural intelligence, sensory abilities, and ability to traverse difficult terrain. They are currently working on models for civilian implementation, ranging from beasts of burden for remote areas to leisure models as pets. However there have been worrying reports of certain products escaping from captivity, and having unexpected effects on the flora and fauna they interact with, conspiracy theorists place blame on a huge range of subjects, ranging from the Cytarabinoside used in manipulating metabolic pathways in the animals, to mother earth resting control back from humanity to satan himself.
    Some minor political and religious groups are already rallying, trying to bring this series of unnerving events to the public eye, wild rumors and conspiracy theories are already calling this the 8th day of creation.

ConceptartCohesion #001: 8th Day >>> COW - Mounted Predator For Hunters

Topic:
    Mounted Predator For Hunters

Description:
    Mounted predator for hunters - A creature made by scientists by mixing genes of existing and extinct animals...there are also some mechanical/technical parts implemented in the predators organism. The predator must be able to be mounted and is carnivore, making him a living and very aggressive killer machine. We need to see something like a saddle, where the hunters can sit on, but you don't need to draw the hunter himself. The creatures full body must be seen.

Deadline:
    Sunday, 05th March 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Linked weekly activities:

EOW
    - Environment Of The Week
    VidaNova Corporation - Genetics and Biological Materials Department - Site C
    LINK: EOW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

IDW - Industrial Design Of The Week
    Mother Machine
    LINK: IDW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

ChOW - Character Of The Week
    Leader of the Special Unit Jungle Force
    LINK: ChOW thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign

Link to the campaigns main thread:
    main thread for ConceptartCohesion campaign
    Last edited by Fozzybar; February 26th, 2006 at 02:41 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    this has the potential to be crazy amazing. i am excited to see everyone's world.

Thanks
    At last! This was excellent idea to combine these four activities!

Thanks
    Hooly crap!

This is awesome!

Will all of the community activities be this way every week? (I remember Foz mentioning that they'll return back to normal after this concept cohesion?) I don't know about others, but I think it might be cool to keep them linked like this.

(I posted this in the original thread, but it seems this one might get more traffic?)

Thanks
    ......damn...that's all I can say. I mean I was excited but now I've got so many ideas spinning through my head I won't be able to sleep at night. How the hell can one decide between these 4 awesome topics? There's no way you could do all of them in one week and have each piece be up to the high standards set down by previous weekly activities. In between Mounted Predator and Mother Machine it's gonna be a tough decision. I'm really ecstatic to see what people come up with though.

Thanks
    just do as much as you can

Thanks
    Very well put together story Foz-I see it slightly evolved from when we discussed it looking great. I hope I have the time to participate, figures that work has come in now. damnit lol

Thanks
    The story is rewritten by Rook, all props to him My english is too poor to phrase a story like this...
    Last edited by Fozzybar; February 26th, 2006 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks
    Yes, all props due to Rook and Fozzy. I gave it a little thought over the last hour or so and I'd almost like to see what someone could do if they were required to incorporate all 4 into a piece somehow or fit a couple into two pieces. Probably a little too much to work with, coming up with an original creature design and then also a background depicting the facility that meshes well with the creature. But still I know I'm not the only one who struggles with what to place in the background of creature designs. In this case you could use the Genetics Lab as a backdrop or even Mother Machine. Hell if you wanted you could have the Special Jungle Unit Leader riding the Mounted Predator in front of the Genetics Lab. It'd be a cool way to tie it all in as I worry that some entries won't give much thought to the backstory and will just throw out some amalgamation of current/extinct animal. Eh, just food for thought to whoever is getting those synapses firing on this undertaking.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus
    . Hell if you wanted you could have the Special Jungle Unit Leader riding the Mounted Predator in front of the Genetics Lab.
    ...and that brings up a question - if you were to combine 2 entries, as in the Special Jungle Unit Leader riding the Mounted Predator, can you submit the piece for both activities? I'm sure there are other 2-activity combinations that wouldn't work as well, but it certainly seems plausible to fit both of those into one piece.

Thanks
    Well, I thought for a sec that i would enter this one, and began making a quick sketch, but i realized I was drawing a Jurassic Park Velociraptor with metal legs, so I left it alone in the trash can.... man, do I suck...
    Religion without science is blind, but science without religion is lame
    -Albert Einstein-

Thanks
    Those are the words of a quitter Thoras. Don't give up, this project has way too much potential to toss it aside simply because you don't like attempt number one that you came up with. Consider a few things next time you try to come up with a creature. What are some of the deadliest predators of past ages? What are some of the most vicious current day predators? It hunts other creatures so it has to be a beast of considerable speed. What are some fast predators? What makes them fast? How could futuristic technology enchance that speed? How does it take down prey? Talons, venoms, fangs, spines, tangling whips....the possibilities are endless for this thing. The point is that a creature illustration is only as good as the concept behind it. Thoras I expect to see your creature, don't disappoint me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hwango
    ...and that brings up a question - if you were to combine 2 entries, as in the Special Jungle Unit Leader riding the Mounted Predator, can you submit the piece for both activities? I'm sure there are other 2-activity combinations that wouldn't work as well, but it certainly seems plausible to fit both of those into one piece.
    Why not design both individually, as well as an illustration of them both together, then submit each individual design to their corresponding activities with the combined illustration as well. It would be more interesting and clearer that way and it wouldn't look like you submitted 1 image for 2 activities

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast