Sketchbook: Party Buttīs SKETCHBOOK...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Party Buttīs SKETCHBOOK...

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Party Buttīs SKETCHBOOK...

Hello I´m new here I´m 18 years old and come from Germany I started drawing about 1 and half years ago but I wasn´t that "productiv" in that time but now I really want to get better and better and hopefully can make something out of this whole drawing thing... and I hope that you can give me some help.
    I really want to get better and learn as much as i can...I´m kind of stagnating at this time. And also I hope you can give me some hints how i can learn with more effency.

So let´s start:

I have drawn this from a Photo on the internet but i can´t find it anymore...

sketches..

whithout refenrence...her upperbody is too massive and the head erm yes you see it...

another sektch. the hands suck the feet also...(no ref)

also no ref. the head is kind of weird and the hand too small...
    A problem I have is that i draw women too massive or masculin i think...

More stuff will follow. Hopefully Daily, if not as often as possible....

Last edited by Party Butt; March 5th, 2006 at 03:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Party, nice start to your sketchbook. That first picture is very cool - exactly the kind of loose style that I have real difficulty in doing. The one with the big ass made me smile too.

In answer to your questions, I think lycee is actually a french word - I'm guessing your in the equivalent of college or sixth form. Anyway, to be honest I don't know a huge amount about studying art, but i would say that if you want to do it professionally you want to get as good as you can as quick as you can - and that means doing studies. You've highlighted a problem yourself by saying that you draw woman to muscly, the only way to fix that is to study the anatomy so you know how they're supposed to look.

I'm not exactly an expert myself but I hope that helps. Also, I can tell you from experience that you won't get huge numbers of replies right away. You need to keep posting frequently or your thread will drop off the first page and no-one will see it.

Basically, draw and post lots!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lredman
    Hey Party, nice start to your sketchbook. That first picture is very cool - exactly the kind of loose style that I have real difficulty in doing. The one with the big ass made me smile too.

In answer to your questions, I think lycee is actually a french word - I'm guessing your in the equivalent of college or sixth form. Anyway, to be honest I don't know a huge amount about studying art, but i would say that if you want to do it professionally you want to get as good as you can as quick as you can - and that means doing studies. You've highlighted a problem yourself by saying that you draw woman to muscly, the only way to fix that is to study the anatomy so you know how they're supposed to look.

I'm not exactly an expert myself but I hope that helps. Also, I can tell you from experience that you won't get huge numbers of replies right away. You need to keep posting frequently or your thread will drop off the first page and no-one will see it.

Basically, draw and post lots!
    Thanks for your reply and hints! Yes Lycee is french but it is also used in polish so I thought itīs maybe used international hehe...
    "You need to keep posting frequently or your thread will drop off the first page and no-one will see it." this will keep me drawing much hehe...
    I looked at your Sketchbook got nice stuff there. Also learning with Loomis hehe nice studies. I have the problem with making clean drawings like you hehe .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fresh stuff only ten minutes old still hot hehe...

Both together took me about 45 mins...some parts just don´t wanted to go well...both with ref

I hope i´ll can post on daily base want to get as much critc and also tips as I can

Last edited by Party Butt; February 25th, 2006 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start there Party Butt! Drawing alot of hands, from life and ref helps too. I would recommend getting a copy of Bridgeman's "Life drawing". Hope this helps. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gmags: Already doing it hehe! Have to do more
    So here some more sketches. The first three are drawn from Hogarth books hmm I had somekind of difficulties with drawing that day ...
    the last one is older...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A new scribble made in photoshop. Maybe it will get some coloration....someday

Another sketch. I was just painting around in Photoshop. I hope I will find some discipline to finish something....

Has anyone some hints how to work with colors? Or a Tutorial or something would be real nice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I came here to check your sketch book in a way to thank you and I'm definetely surprised with the quality of your drawings, because you said that you draw for 1 year and a half. You must be very dedicated and I think it's a good thing. I'll love to see your improvements and helping as I can. Keep posting! ^^

About the tutorial... hm... I think I can indicate some for you, but I dunno, do you have some preference for the type of the style in it or you just want tips that'll make easier to understand the program? Generally they have great tutorials in DeviantART and on CGTalk... I think some users post tutorials here on conceptART as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much Devil! Trying to improve all the time hehe...I just stuck a bit in the moment.....sooooo lazy.....
    Hmm I need a tutorial where it is explained how to work with colours, how to use them right so the picture looks realistic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very fast caricature(just 5 mins in PS) of my German teacher. The worst humanbeeing Iīve ever met in my whole life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, funny caricature you got going there. Now all you have to do is print it out and send it to the teacher, saying it's from, "anonymous." But keep doing the studies all the time, they'll help you in the long run. Cheers, man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL! I liked that caricature, but yeah.. I wouldn't like to meet that person. So scary... about the tutorial we talked about... http://67.15.36.49/ffa/tutorials/tutorialsdigipaint.asp take a look on this link. There's a lof of helpful tutorials there! ^^ I hope it may be useful somehow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx on the comments and especially for the Tutorials very useful stuff.
    And itīs not just the looks of her itīs her character hehe she would eat her own children.....I have no prove for it yet....not yet...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm Iīm not drawing very much lately, hmm. So here is some new Stuff the first one was with references but Iīm too impatient....have to take yoga classes or something hehe .The second one are some doodels(hope its spelled right)...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some new stuff made in the middle of the night so I was a bit tired hehe.Iīm kind of too lazy for doing some studies etc.in the last time...
    The thing on the bottom of the site is a self portrait or caricature whatever.... no refs used.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Trying to make sth. with Ps again. Itīs pretty unfinished. Any tips or something what I could do better?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something new just from today. I were painting around in Art Rage and then this came up. Hope you like it. Itīs a Blue and a red version, I like the blue version a bit more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i see you have a tendency towards exagerating proportions...try to focus on that and establish your own style
    ow and at the digi stuff, really digging the saturation in the colours

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tried to make the shadows with a biro, not quiet finished, too tired today.

@Cigaro: Thx. Will try to make sth. out of it hehe.

Last edited by Party Butt; September 10th, 2006 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some stuff from the last few Weeks, yeah I know some arenīt the very best hmm...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bored in school....

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.