Sketchbook: My twobit sketchbook lifedrawings/studies/imaginator (wet behind the ears) !Big Load!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My twobit sketchbook lifedrawings/studies/imaginator (wet behind the ears) !Big Load!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My twobit sketchbook lifedrawings/studies/imaginator (wet behind the ears) !Big Load!

Hallo everybody. This is my first online and real sketch book I have ever really done, and there are so many problems I have run into over the past few weeks. I have a creative block (or maybe creative anxiety) rightnow, so your mostly going to see life studies and anatomy studies.

I decided to start participating in these forums to look for some advice about my drawings, because i seriously need it. My main problems I've run into are the common beginner things such as line control, confidence in my drawings, and I'm having a horrible time with shading especially with cross hatching.

Maybe someone can help me out with this problem as well. The main big problem i have rightnow is whenever I want to draw something, I have all these ideas but once I stare at that paper they all dissapear and I dont want to get started. So, I end up sitting there and it bugs the crap out of me. It's all been very dissapointing. But, sense I'm at this block rightnow I decided to take the time to do more traditional studies to get my art skills up, one thing though is I seem to have bad habits. My process seems to becoming to logical
    and my interest in drawing starts to go away.

I have a bad gut feeling rightnow, because when i sit down to draw I get so discouraged I begin to start losing my concentration and my studys have no use it seems because I'm not paying any attention to my mistakes. Haha actually just writing this and posting my first pictures rightnow is helping me.
    Anyway, please crit and try and give some advice if you can spare it. Thank you.

Additional info- I've been drawing my whole life but only recently I've actually begun to take it seriously. I've been going to an animation school for about 2 years now, and theres been so many classes about all different things it's been hard to make up my mind on which path to take. I decided to concentrate more on my 2d art skills, 3d modeling, and 3d animation. Compositing, lighting, storyboards, camera set ups, are not really what I'm interested in. My big influences are Video/Computer games, comics,movies, and I have a lot of admiration for many talented artists, and yes they do include japanese and other asian artists (I do like anime). Even though i like anime I'm going to try and concentrate more on life drawing to build my overall drawing skills.

pld: pld: pld: pld:

ok to start things off all these recent works were begun at the beginning of february to today. All these come from a large 18"*24" sketchbook, from life drawing classes this month. To be honest I am very dissapointed in them.

GESTURES 1min

5 Minutes

10 Minutes

20-30 Minutes

First Portraits

OK OK sorry for the big load but here are the last ones.

My first true studies done for class

Skeleton

And my first serious body study, from a photograph about 2 hours.

Last edited by TwoBit_boy; February 24th, 2006 at 10:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start there TwoBit! Great to see you're drawing from life. About your problem the only advice I can give is to just draw stuff all around you. Draw still life, sp and people doing ordinary things (should really follow my own advice.). Don't worry about it looking bad, just draw! After a couple of sketchbooks you will see yourself improving, and hopefully your problems will be gone. So grab that pencil and start sketching boy! I recently dug up some old sketches of mine and they were just hideous! I hope this helps dude. Welcome to CA! Good Luck.

Last edited by gmags; February 24th, 2006 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *sigh* not to great of an update for today. I had to spend all day just modeling this guys head. It's my first time modeling a full head so I'm taking my time and it's due wednesday. Anyway, more to come... And better quality.

I'm just trying to force myself to get in the habit of drawing everyday rightnow. Hopefully my drawing metabolism will get better haha.

Most recent

Ok ok. Just give this post a little more substance, heres some older stuff from a while ago.

Theres more to this one but I dont want to bog this down.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start! Try to draw everyday (or close to it at least). Don't feel discouraged, everyone has to start somewhere. Also, If your looking for some good anatomy books, Andrew Loomis's "Figure Drawing for all It's worth" is a must see. This should help with your life drawings, which in turn will help with memory drawing. Keep it up!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.