Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: unimaginably stagnant

Thanks
    couple more noodle doodles

unimaginably stagnant
    unimaginably stagnant

hope you like em!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    im gonna try and do a bunch of non-character focused daily sketches. my backgrounds are weak, as previously mentioned, so its my next are of concern.

i've also been tooling around with zbrush3 at work, I will post my 1 hour doodles with that as well soon, for a change.

wishme luck!

unimaginably stagnant

Thanks
    another quickie, its a bit lame but i like to post everything so you can rip into me or whatever, and help me improve.

unimaginably stagnant

Thanks

Thanks
    Hey dude,

i'd really like to see you work more on recognizing all objects, mechanical or organic, as being made up of a deliberate series of planes, and then really working to make sure that each plane very clearly reveals the temperature of light its receiving. On your "hell tractor thing" I can't really discern that there are different planes that make a form. I mean, I know they're there, but its gotta be more than just direct light from above, reflected from below. I'd say just spend more time really thinking about what color a plane will be from receiving light, or even not receiving light.

I hope that made sense, and on a more positive note, I think this thread demonstrates a lot of improvement!

Thanks
    thx for dropping in It's nice to see a stranger sometimes. Thanks for the point you made, I will make sure to bear this in mind next speedpaint I do.

Looking back on that image I can see exactly your point - the front and sides especially have no variation in their lighting, which doesn't help the form to read well at all.

Sometimes you can see somethings not quite right but not put a finger on it, but you've nailed one of those things that's been bugging me for a while.

I think I've been tied up in the mechanics of using painter and rendering in colour, so some of the ABCs are a bit vague. There's no excuse! I hold my hands up to it But I can aim to remedy this fact, even though I didnt spot it as fast as you McLean good man.

Cheers for the visit and useful info! Maybe u will come back and see if I have remedied the problem another time.

Thanks
    as an aside, heres some fast 3d doodles -

unimaginably stagnant
    unimaginably stagnant
    unimaginably stagnant

Thanks
    wow, lots of updates recently your use f color and texture in all of these are superb. how exactly do you go about adding texture in your paints, is it the brush or a paper texture or what because it looks really good and very natural. the zbrushing looks very cool as well, especially the second one. nothing really to crit, keep rocking these out.

Thanks
    @ wombat - textures can be done loads of ways, but for me at the moment there are 2.

1) painting in painter causes some textural feeling from the way the brush strokes blend and interact, and you can paint texture this way, or at least suggest it, much like real paint.

2) once i have noodled in painter enough, i always tweak the colours and values in photoshop. Lately for some paints I have been overlaying various odd textures from concrete or rusty metal at low opacity, and erasing selectively. Seems to work ok so far, especially because it is quick to do and reasonably effective. You can go in and pick out some details after overlaying to help it sit in the image better as well.

More zb when I get to it. I'm really busy at work atm.

Thanks for the comments guys - it's what keeps me going!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    couple of versions of a sith lord thingy. second one an attempt to creat a more dramatic composition and mood. overall not so satisfied, though I much prefer the second one, it has much more 'pizzazz'.

unimaginably stagnantunimaginably stagnant

Thanks
    some more zb doodles

unimaginably stagnant
    unimaginably stagnant
    unimaginably stagnant
    Last edited by cw; May 31st, 2007 at 04:20 PM.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1