Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Great torso studies here. ANd you may be right about green being the new red. This is pretty cool . Hmm...As a crit on this new update, I don't really have one...WOuld like to see more studies though...These are good.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    That's what i'm talking about

Hey I promise my gals are gonna be much worse than your guys.

Thanks
    Your sketchbook is coming along quite nicely. Lots of cool characters just begging to be colored. Here's a link to a Steven Stahlberg tut originally posted by Ikuru in the CHOW64 thread. Might help you out. Take care

http://www.androidblues.com/Jealousy...lousystep.html
    Last edited by BryanYoung; March 26th, 2007 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    Stark: I'm gonna try and do these more often, they seem to be helping me a lot. Glad you enjoy them.

Q-Caddlewick: I better see some girls next time I stop by your SB.

BryanYoung: Thanks for the link. I'm still slowly working my wau into to color. I will try to post more colored stuff.

Here's a quick color update before I dump some more sketches. After a little help from Idiot Apathy I changed the background color and the highlights. It was a good exercise.

Thanks
    Nice SB man, I really enjoyed the figure studies and the clean animation lines. Some of your figures have a very nice flow/movement to their postures which is nice, while some seem a little unbalanced...But I love your work.The colour update on the violin is definitely an improvement, nice.

Thanks
    Nice man!
    Next to consider is different materials - see how the local color (yellow banana, orange oranges) is different on the wood and the black parts? The shading will be different as well. The black part I would expect to be a bit shiner and would reflect the lightsource a little more accurately - this part would probably have sharper highlights as well as more concentrated with a color close to the lightsource - probably whitish.

Peace

Thanks
    I love love love the fashion studies and especially the sunflower mask! Mask studies are a great idea! Also, keep up with those figure studies. :3 Be wary of stylization. It may look awesome, but it can hamper your progress in unexpected ways.

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    you really have appealing linework, it makes the form look really friendly and comfortable somehow...very nice. Seems like you are going in the right direction.

Some of the figures look a little flat in places, more painting and concentrating on form rather than line should help this...? As such it is part of the style. I'm struggling with this problem myself.

Keep going, more moooarrre!

Thanks
    I really enjoyed those little action thumbs you did of your characters, I like the violin too. Tricky things, those..
    You have a nice variety happening here, am looking forward to your future updates!

Thanks
    Sybo: Thanks, I appreciate it.

Idiot Apathy: Your tips are always appreciated.

Katfayheirti: thank you. I've really been noticing how much studies help.

alenacat: yea, i think i need to add some values to the so they aren't so flat. Lately i've been concentrating mostly on getting the lines right and not so much on rendering.

longwrat: I update regularly. check back often!

here's a typical corey sketch. Nothing new here. I Like it though, i think it could be a lot better after I fix some of the issuses. critques please.

I don't know what i was doing on this one. just messing around. It's fun to not really care about a drawing.

Notes.

Working on a character.

Thanks
    Green is the new red and blue is the new black....you are mastering the color changes pretty well...
    The characters look good, but they are all looking the same to me nowadays...maybe change up the subject matter?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1175276004 This one, look at the foot and the legs

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1175276054
    Look at the arms bending and moving...be mindful of those slight changes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark
    Green is the new red and blue is the new black....you are mastering the color changes pretty well...
    The characters look good, but they are all looking the same to me nowadays...maybe change up the subject matter?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1175276004 This one, look at the foot and the legs

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1175276054
    Look at the arms bending and moving...be mindful of those slight changes
    I'm not quite sure exactly where i'm going wrong on the legs on the first one, but i know there is an issue. Could you be a bit more specific?

Thanks
    Really lovely stuff. I totally forgot to subscribe to this, but the situation has been rectified! Your lines have gotten much longer/freer/surer. Those guy studies are great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FactorZero
    I'm not quite sure exactly where i'm going wrong on the legs on the first one, but i know there is an issue. Could you be a bit more specific?
    No problem *clears throat* You have the girl on the toes and they are bent inward, they should be on the toes, flattened out...I did a quick paintover here to show what I mean. The thing wrong with the legs is the calf muscle... Excuse the shitty paintover...ball mouse ftl! But I hope you can see what I mean
    Last edited by Stark; April 1st, 2007 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks
    hey! thanks alot for dropping in my sb before, been really busy so couldn't get back to you

i have to say that like many others i really like your personal style, however this also means that its alot harder to crit your work some things i would suggest is more realistic studies, facial studies at different angles, and draw more different types of ppl old ppl, fat ppl, babies...etc etc... broadening your horizons as an artist

so yeah....keep working hard, and i think ill stick around if u dont mind

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast