Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [ FactorZero's Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    Hey gurlie

First off - ballpoint pens are awsome aren't they? They were my favourite medium for a while; kudos

I really like the flow and energy of your work. You have a great almost angular style.

On that note, I think it would benefit you in a big way if you filled up a page full of lip studies. Even if you do draw in an anime-esque style, it'll defenitely help you learn how to at least insinuate a full pair of mouth flaps without making your art look at gangoru or however you spell it. Y'dig? EH?

If this doesn't make sense, I'm really sorry, I'm kind of .... incoherant by nature.

Keep it up m'friend
    -N
    As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    WIP before i go to bed.....

Thanks
    bunny: Hey creepy rabbit, antler eye girl. haha j/k. i'm inspired by your creepyness. Yea ball point pens are awesome. thanks. That last sketch was partially inspired by your SB and partially from a fashion study. Lips: yea i usually only draw the bottom lip, so when i do draw the top...it's not pretty. No excuse though. A page of lips is on the way. I get what you're saying. btw- i'm not gurlie. haha honest mistake.

here are some super quick fashion studies. literally a few seconds each. No attention paid to detail or proportion, just getting the ideas down. Notice the brown chocolate chip cookie stain on the right of the first page....it adds character! enjoy...or don't. just comment.

Thanks
    Did this a while ago. This is an ultra low buget, hand cut, Kinko's copied show flyer. Black and white, and easy to read. there's two on the page cause it's meant to be cut in half.

Thanks
    What a bummer ive not come across your sketchbook before, as i really like your style, its like ive been missing out ;<

Your proportions and gestures in post #128 are really cool to look at, and your lines throughout are mighty sexy! Your characters are eye pleasing too, but theres something about them... some of them just seem to be missing a bit of spark, wish i could say something more helpful but i feel like i have the same problem.

I'm slowly learning to color in photoshop by just sticking at it, my stuff from around 2005 is fucking appauling so im noticing an improvement since then. Idiot apathy's demo thread is nice spot to stop off but apart from that its just "studying" i guess. Oh and ill give the usual: dont work on white and id like to see some more anatomy things, or at least stuff like #128... i should do the same.

you have yourself a new stalker of sorts.. \o/

Edit

I say those things and you go and do a nice picture like that, making me eat my words.

Nice!
    Last edited by Jackwhat; March 19th, 2007 at 10:30 PM.

Mugiwara Pirates!

Jack | Ant

http://jackwhat.blogspot.com

Thanks
    JackWhat: thanks man. yea u really need to step it up. I'm trying. Color is hard. i'm still really used to using a tablet.

I need some help on this one. i don't really know where to go. I kept this one simple on purpose so i could concentrat on the painting

Thanks
    oo nice. Good warm cool dynamic (look at the big worrrrd *cough*)
    A bit of a nasty tangent where the shadow on her sweater lines up perfectly with the cast shadow on the wall, messes with the whole illusion Move it just a tad, no one will know

Cheers~!

Thanks
    thanks Idiot. I'll try and fix the sweater shadow.

Thanks
    messing with color

Thanks
    Looks good man,

Just to give you a few ideas to play with;
    I know the ref or the image in your mind said the highlight was white like that and I'm sure it was, but when you simplify things you can simplify lighting as well. Not to mention you have replaced your background with a different environment. Anyways, you might instead of using white at times for highlights go higher in value and saturation and color shift towards a warmer/cooler hue depending on the lightsource. Also you might enjoy contrasting your colors a little bit to give you a more vibrant visual range. It's still good (best perhas) to have a dominant hue that no other will match in saturation - think in a 'warm' situation your cools won't be very saturated. That sort of thing.
    http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9...achmently2.jpg
    (Just 2 cents or so)

Thanks
    ahhh...hmmm...yes..mmmm. i thinking i'm begining to understand. thanks for taking the time to write that and do the quick paint. the cool environment makes the warm colors of the violin pop so much more. And the highlight with a higher saturation/value color softens the transition from highlight to mid tone much more, not to mention it looks more sophisticated. that really helps. Looking at your SB makes me wanna play with color!

Thanks
    Greetings! Wow you've been busy! You seem to be getting even more confident with your style, it's showing through in a not quite identifiable way. As in I can't tell you what it is, but it's looking even better than usual. It's great that you are doing more figure studies, they'r going to help a lot keep them up.

Don't be afraid to use dark shadows, especially with cast shadows.

DRAW MORE GUYS!!! I'm such a hypocrite because I don't ever draw girls, but hey, that doesn't stop me from setting you straight.

Maybe you could give me advice on girls (when I get the courage to try some out) and I'll give you advice on your guys. Deal?

I expect to see some dudes next time I come by here, and I'll try to produce a few sketches of the fairer sex.

Keep rockin

Thanks
    Q-Caddlewick: thanks for the support. i'll keep that in mind. Some dude studies are on the way. i need to work on my male characters.

Chug, chug, chuggin away. here's a bunch of females studies and another quikie I forgot to post. gotta start somewhere.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast